2 Assisted Living Facilities in Dodge City, KS
Also serving communities of Greensburg, Garden City.
The average cost of assisted living in Dodge City is $3,695 per month. This is higher than the national median of $3,400.
To help you with your search, browse the 2 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Dodge City. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Dodge City 4.5 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Dodge City, call (855) 863-8283.
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Dodge City
Throughout the state of Kansas, adult care homes (ACHs) are available to provide seniors with daily assistance. There are two ACHs for seniors to choose between in Dodge City. The term ACH includes both assisted living facilities (ALFs) and residential health care facilities. All facilities in the state are licensed and governed by the Secretary of Aging and Disability Services.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Dodge City
- Seniors in Dodge City enjoy a pleasant climate. Winters can get chilly, but summers are sunny and warm, with temperatures climbing into the 90s. Overall, the city receives a comfort index rating of 7.5 out of 10.
- The Dodge City area is served by D-TRAN public transportation service, which includes three routes and 55 stops throughout the city. For seniors unable to use the regular fixed-route service, Para-TRAN, a door-to-door transportation is available for travel within the city, as well as an R-TRAN regional demand response service for destinations outside the paratransit zone, up to two miles outside the city limits.
- Thanks to low housing and transportation costs, Dodge city is an affordable option for seniors in Kansas. At an index rating of 80.6, the overall cost of living is lower than both the statewide average of 90 and the U.S. national average of 100.
- Compared to regional and national averages, crime rates in Dodge City are considered somewhat high, which could be an important factor for seniors living on their own in and ACH. Based on a scale where 100 represents high crime, the city receives a rating of 25.3 for violent crime and 42.8 for property-related crime.
- The Dodge City area is home to world-class medical facilities, including West Plains Medical Complex, in the event of medical emergencies or illness
- Dodge City has an array of community resources for seniors, including the Dodge City Senior Center, an organization that offers a safe place for seniors to meet and socialize, hosting a variety of interest groups, activities, friendship meals and quarterly health screenings.
Note: Data reported on this page was updated in 2019 and based on the latest 2018 figures.
Paying for Assisted Living in Dodge City
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Kansas
Assisted Living costs in Dodge City start around $3,695 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Dodge City and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Dodge City
To help seniors in Dodge City with the financial burden of an assisted living facility, the state's KanCare Medicaid waiver programs pay for services in an ALF and can sometimes cover the cost of assisted living entirely. Additionally, the Frail Elderly (FE) waiver can also provide funding for certain services.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Kansas page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Kansas page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Dodge City
Dodge City and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Dodge City, please visit our Assisted Living in Kansas page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Dodge City
Dodge City-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Kansas are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Kansas page for more information about these laws.
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Dodge City
Review of Brookdale Dodge City
My mom is at Brookdale Dodge City, and, so far, it has been great. I could not ask for more. She has a studio with a bathroom and a place to put her bed and her furniture, plus a TV with cable. The... Read more
Review of Brookdale Dodge City
Sterling House of Dodge City seems to be really home-based; like a home. It's not a hospital room; it is really homey. The staff is very helpful. I love the rooms; they have their own kitchenette, ... Read more