Cedarhurst of Granite City

Reviews of Cedarhurst of Granite City

Assisted Living Reviews for Cedarhurst of Granite City

August 17, 2021

By Joyce

My mother is in Cedarhurst of Granite City. I like the 24/7 care. The staff has been wonderful. There are people there that she knows and that was a big help. We tried to get her in Granite because that's where we're all from. They've got a garden that you can go out and sit in. They've got a walking path to get exercise. They've got a hair boutique in the facility. They've got OT, PT, speech, and all that kind of stuff. They have bingo, coffee hour, painting, and a lot of different activities to keep them busy and for socialization. It's very clean. I ate one meal with her and the food was good. She's very happy with the food because I asked her how she liked her food at lunch or dinner, and she tells me she enjoys it. Now and then, they have something that she doesn't like, but they have other things to pick from other than the main course. I think they're reasonable in price.

June 20, 2021

By Deb

I went to Cedarhurst of Granite City. The staff was very nice. The facility was very nice. It was just too far. We didn't taste any food, but the menu looked good.

January 21, 2021

By Cindybugk

Especially in times like we’re experiencing people should know that Cedarhurst has not made sure that my Mother’s medical needs have been met. If you talk to two or three people in a matter of hours you will get two or three different answers. Chronic UTI can be a very serious issue that needs to be addressed immediately. The facility does not seem to care. Phone calls concerning your loved one appears to be an aggravation instead of an opportunity to actually care for the resident.

July 14, 2020

By Jennifer

We chose Cedarhurst of Granite City because it is closer to my mom-in-law's family. It is great. The people there are really nice and very helpful. The place is very clean. My mom-in-law is very happy; she likes her room. They have a lot of activities, but with COVID, and because she was in the hospital for a little while, she hasn't been able to have the full experience just yet. Right now they have been fantastic and helpful. The place is very clean and very well decorated.

July 24, 2014

By Melody4me

There is a lot to be desired living at this facility. The staff act like they are doing the resident a favor by emptying trash cans or making the bed. Not much in the way of activities. For the amount of rent, you are not getting what you are paying for.

Memory Care Reviews for Cedarhurst of Granite City

October 30, 2017

By CS

My husband is here and they give him very good care and they watch out for him. He seems to be getting along good now. It took him a little bit to get adjusted, but now he's doing real good. They've been very helpful. If I have any problems, they help me to get answers and the staff members are really good workers and very good people. It's a locked facility. You come in and you check in, and then you go through locked doors. They give you a code and you press that and you go through the locked doors and you go to the unit where they're at. It's very clean. They help anybody who needs help to get to the right place. They're very pleasant, very kind, and considerate of the resident and of the people that come in. They got their own room and they share a bathroom. The food is good. I don't have any complaint. The pricing is fair. Regarding activities, they don't push them to go unless they want to go. If they want to go, they take them.

January 31, 2014

By Teresa21

We visited and the staff was very nice. The guy that took us through, his name was Dennis, was also very nice. However, the room was very small and it was too pricey. Even if my mom was on medicare/medicaid, she still wouldn't be able to afford that. I would recommend it to people who could afford it.
See all Memory Care reviews (6) See fewer reviews

Costs for Cedarhurst of Granite City

Photos of Cedarhurst of Granite City

Services and Amenities of Cedarhurst of Granite City

• Companion Suites: We Do Offer Companion Suites
  • Housing Extra: Shared Living

About Cedarhurst of Granite City

Granite City, IL offers a small town feel with endless possibilities. The community offers numerous shopping and dining experiences and is Located only six miles from Saint Louis where there are even more opportunities. At Cedarhurst of Granite City, residents enjoy an active, engaging lifestyle that promotes wellness and independence. It is our goal to keep our residents linked to resources and opportunities that will fulfill their needs and interests in the Granite City area.

With 72 assisted living apartments, each resident is able to enjoy the independence they want and the care they need in the comfort of a home-like environment. Our expertly trained staff provides support based on the level of care that is needed. Each resident has a customized care plan based on conversations with the family, physicians and our care team.

From the services and amenities to the staff and the building itself, our entire community is here to empower our resident to live life everyday with joy and fulfillment.

Retirement Living at its Best

At Cedarhurst, our goal is to help seniors maximize enjoyment of their well-deserved golden years. Our independent living option allows seniors to have all of the benefits and privacy of being at home while providing a full schedule of events, home-cooked meals, and the support of our team members.

Our approach is shaped by respect and understanding of the unique lives of our residents. We’ve created a community with a multitude of different services and it is up to you, and your family what aspects of your life you want additional assistance with. We want nothing more than to foster your sense of happiness, give you the experience of a life well lived, and protect your health and safety while doing so.

Exceptional Well-Being

There is a perfect balance between independence and support – assisted living. As you or a loved one ages, there are certain tasks that become more challenging and other activities that become easier.

At Cedarhurst, our goal is to accentuate what brings joy and provides comfort around tasks that have become more difficult. Filling the down-time between wellness programs, social outings, and visits from family, there is exceptional care from a talented and caring staff.

Our approach to assisted living is shaped by respect and understanding of the unique lives of our residents. We’ve created a community with a multitude of services (also known as Levels of Care) and it is up to you, your family, and your doctors to determine what aspects of your life you want/need additional assistance with. Our trained healthcare professionals use their expertise and genuine respect for our residents to serve you in the ways that encourage independence, dignity, and individuality. We want nothing more than to foster your sense of happiness, give you the experience of a life well lived, and protect your health and safety while doing so.

Every member of the Cedarhurst team cherishes the people they serve and the care they provide. Our work is approached with love.

Map of Cedarhurst of Granite City