Bridgeway Senior Living

Reviews of Bridgeway Senior Living

Nursing Home Reviews for Bridgeway Senior Living

January 28, 2015

By altmanmary27

After reviewing the options for nursing homes in our area, we decided to visit Bridgeway Christian Village and decided that it was a comfortable, yet affordable, option for my mom. However, that was about as good as it got. The staff at this nursing home is either severely understaffed or lazy. When we first arrived at the facility, it took the staff two full hours before they acknowledged her arrival. We then requested a Hoyer lift for her to be transported to bed. It took them over 45 minutes to locate the only functioning lift in the entire facility, a machine that should be readily available in a nursing home. The only time you'll see a nurse is if medication is needed (most are LPN). The PCA has to cover the entire floor, so my mom needed to sit in her urine or feces for at least an hour because no one answered the call light. She developed bed sores because only family or our caregiver would help her roll over in bed. Soon after she arrived at the facility, the head physical therapist wanted to see if she could walk. We repeatedly told him that she couldn't walk, but he claimed that he was a "doctor" and knew what he was doing. Without even testing her muscle strength, three physical therapists tried standing her up. In trying to move her to the commode by standing, they gave her several bruises and a cut on her leg. We have photo and video evidence of this abuse. My mom was in this home for a few months, and it was the worst decision I've ever made. She died of septic shock, most likely due to the bed sore. If family wasn't there on a daily basis, she wouldn't have even lived that long.

January 22, 2015

By sec

Our mother was at Bridgeway for almost six weeks. Pain management is not available at the facility which is surprising since there are so many elderly patients there. This caused a major problem in the care of our mother. Primarily though, I would not recommend the facility because of the inconsistency in the care provided and lack of follow through. Upper management did not take any responsibility and neglected to follow through on the problems brought to their attention. They were grossly negligent in making sure she received proper nutrition and administering proper medications for her conditions. Many times we had to bring issues and problems to their attention, even things as basic as a constant, rattling cough that went untreated for several days. Find another facility!

November 22, 2014

By Lovely Lady 1108201401

The thing that we really liked about Bridgeway was it was all private rooms. Even the Medicaid rooms are private rooms. It is very clean; you don't walk in and get the smell that you do in some homes. The staff is very nice and very helpful. They are really good to my mom, but I would say their biggest problem especially on weekends, it seems that they are understaffed. They have different functions, and she kind of likes the socializing part of it. I don't think as far as having to be in a nursing home that I would go there, but for my mom, I think it is really nice and she likes it there. We looked at a lot of these homes, and this one was so much nicer than any of them. The rooms are a nice size, and since she is in a wheelchair, it is easier for her to get the things that she wants to get in her wheelchair. Their rehab part is just the best.

April 04, 2012

By citygirl1

This is a great facility. It is clean and the nursing staff is wonderful. You can tell that the staff really care about the residents. The landscaping is beautiful with nice places for the residents to sit outside around gardens or get shade. They have wonderful opportunities for the residents to participate in. They have sing-a-longs, bingo, pizza nights and sometimes take them to the theater to see a show. They also offer craft classes and exercise classes for the residents to participate in. The food does not always look that good and could be improved. Some of the residents complain that it is a little bland. There is a snack shop that is open during the day if the residents want to buy a snack or popcorn. It is a Christian owned facility so they have a nice church service on Sunday mornings. If therapy is needed, the therapy department is top notch. They spend quality time helping the patients reach their full potential. Communication is also very good between the staff at this facility and the patients. Some of the rooms are nicer than the others, depending on which wing you are on.

February 03, 2012

By Caring201973

Bridgeway Christian Village is a very nice nursing home and I would recommend it. The building is attractive on the inside and outside, the lobby is spacious and much more inviting than the majority of nursing homes that I have seen. The rooms are pretty typical, nothing extraordinary, but they do seem clean. The nursing station is close by and the nurses seemed quite caring and concerned about their patients. There is also an attractive meeting room at the facility for family conferences and meetings with the staff. Parking is ample and it is located next to an assisted living facility which is also quite nice. My main objection is the lack of diversity among the patients.

Photos of Bridgeway Senior Living

Services and Amenities of Bridgeway Senior Living

• Companion Suites: We Do Offer Companion Suites.

• Internet Enabled Rooms

• Nurse On Staff: We Have 24 Hour Nurses.

• Overall:
  • Ownership Type: For Profit Individual
  • Date Certified: 09/01/2019

• Staff Patient Ratio: 6:1

About Bridgeway Senior Living

bridgewayseniorliving.com

Bridgeway Senior Living, LLC offers skilled nursing residences for seniors who have more complex care and assistance requirements. Skilled nursing is available for those in need of medical, rehabilitative and restorative care as well as those who require long-term care. Several distinct levels of nursing care are available and tailored to each individual’s requirements based on assessments and a personalized care plan. All Residents are treated with the utmost respect and dignity as we strive to help them function at the highest level possible while providing emotional, spiritual and physical support to enhance their well-being.

Designed with a progressive team approach in mind, our rehabilitation offers a range of rehabilitative therapies to our residents. Our professional staff of therapists and nurses work together with the physicians, residents and families to ensure that each resident is receiving the most appropriate and beneficial treatment possible.

Map of Bridgeway Senior Living