St. George Village

St. George Village (844) 334-3818

Reviews of St. George Village

Continuing Care Retirement Community Reviews for St. George Village

May 15, 2015

My experience with St. George Village was very favorable. The staff seemed to be part of management, like their chef had been there from the day they opened. Their director spent an hour with us, and she said, "I would ask you to ask me questions and then whatever you're going to ask, I will tell you." They had a very nice library, a room for people to meet and play cards, and they have computer classes for people. It is owned by a Catholic church, so they have a church on the property, and other faiths come there. They had a beautiful lake with a walkway around it and an indoor pool. They had two dining areas -- one a formal one where you have to get dressed, and one café which is informal. The place was very well kept, and the staff was extremely courteous. I was very favorably impressed. It is a little more expensive; they ask for a deposit, and a major part of it is refundable, but in return they check out your finances to make sure you can afford to live there. If you live long enough and run out of your resources, they take the responsibility with you. Their waiting period is two years to get there. They were well staffed, and their philosophy was somewhat different. It doesn't say the residents will follow its rules; it says we will follow the residents. I looked at the menu, and it seemed to be first class; things like salmon and shrimp were there. They will fix the room the way you want it. If you want above and beyond their standard, you will have to pay for it, and they'll do whatever you want.

June 18, 2013

By Charles12

St. George Village was outstanding. The staff were excellent and the amenities were nice. The place I thought was on the high side.

June 16, 2011

By anonymous23

My elderly neighbor moved to St. George Village after she had a stroke. I visited her several times shortly after she moved-in. St. George is well-run and the rooms are cozy, but not too large. They have an excellent library, arts-and-crafts studio, and a large swimming pool (which unfortunately, I didn't have the opportunity to swim in). The facility is owned by a Catholic non-profit group, and many of the residents are Catholic, and attend weekly mass. My friend is Catholic - but she said there are residents of other faiths who also live at St. George. Wellington Court is their health center, and I've been told it's open to the entire Roswell community - but St. George Village residents get first priority. Their health services include care for people with Alzheimers and memory loss, assistance w/ daily living, and other nursing services. During my time there, I interacted with my friend's nurse, and the front desk staff, who were all friendly and welcoming. The food is excellent and nutritious "“ one of their brochures describes it as "gourmet," although I wouldn't go that far. Regarding price, St. George is one of the more affordable retirement communities, with great service and healthcare amenities. My neighbor seems happy, and is doing much better health-wise.

June 10, 2011

By adilam

Visited this facility

St. George Village is a top notch Continuing Care Community. It is a Catholic community, but they are accepting of all kinds. They actually house some retired clergy in the building. The prices are hefty and residents do pay a large "buy-in" to move in, but then are guranteed care for the rest of their lives. They have a lively happy hour in their bistro which really brings the community together for socialization and friendship. One thing I thought was really nice was that they actually built a workshop in a room so that their residents who enjoy tinkering and building things wouldn't have to give up their hobbies when they moved in. Just an example of how the staff is willing to go above and beyond to make it "home". The food is amazing and the grounds are impeccably maintained. If you can afford it, and you want to be in the Atlanta metro area, this is the place.
See all Continuing Care Retirement Community reviews (8) See fewer reviews

Services and Amenities of St. George Village

About St. George Village

St. George Village is a senior living provider in Roswell, Georgia that offers residents Assisted Living and Continuing Care Communities. Contact St. George Village for more details on services and rates.

Map of St. George Village