Pacifica Senior Living Belleair

Reviews of Pacifica Senior Living Belleair

Assisted Living Reviews for Pacifica Senior Living Belleair

October 04, 2016

By Amtoms

The most caring people my family encountered. Other places are fancier, but the people here are truly angels.

Thank you very much for taking the time to leave us this positive 5 star review. We appreciate it! We love to receive great reviews like yours!

September 11, 2016

By Nomar

Pacifica is another outstanding place, there are coach houses as opposed to one building, and each has fourteen residents and staff that takes care of them. Each coach house or villa is identical. As they change from the level of care, there’s no real change for them because the units looked the same. The staff was very friendly and very loving toward the people that were there. The sales rep was very nice and professional. The grounds were beautiful and closed off so the people can’t go outside. They had volunteers coming in that day, so they had that program. The only issue was it was out of my budget.

Hi Nomar, thank you for your positive 5 star review! We appreciate the opportunity to show you around and showcase our community. We have done a comprehensive senior living study and found that our rates are right in line with the competitors. In fact, we found that we are a better value with more programs and options. We thank you for your consideration and wish you well.

January 23, 2016

By Reviewer118694750

Pacifica Memory Care had a large yard with walking trails. The facility looked like a house with a kitchen, living room with big couches, recliners, TV, and dining area. They have seven houses where they house their residents and around each house is a yard. Even if it is a memory care facility, it does not look like a facility, but it looks like a house. This place attracted me because it only has seven houses and the residents are divided from 10 to 12 per house so they are smaller groups. It is easier to manage the residents. My dad has free access to walk around the yard with walking trails. I would appreciate it more if they keep the residents busy during the day. Each house has several dining areas and look like ranch-style home.

Hi, thank you for your detailed and positive review. We wanted to mention that we are a licensed Music and Memory community and we provide this wonderful program to our residents 3 times per week. We engage our residents throughout the day both in their cottages and in the Activity Room. We have entertainers every month, offer religious services and communion and parties as well! We also have a Facebook page that we post weekly activities to. We found that this is a fun way for families stay connected to their loved ones. Our residents enjoy creating things like pottery and painting. These types of activities help our residents engage cognitively and psychologically. We are here to help and want you to feel free to reach out to us at the community any time with any and all questions and/or concerns!

January 15, 2016

By Ted12

My father is in Pacifica. Their dining area is all one area with a kitchen set up to one side, giving it a very nice, warm feeling. There are 14 patients per building, with two CNAs and one nurse. They seemed to have a good patient-to-nurse ratio. These are all ground floor rooms that are easy to get to and have yards with very nice security. The price is very competitive. Their community area is set up very nicely. They have a problem with laundry.

February 11, 2015

Everyone was very friendly at Pacifica Senior Living. It was going very well, I was impressed. It’s large and attractive. They have live music four times a month, outings every week, and take them places.

October 10, 2014

By Maryann10

We have my husband in Pacifica. It is quiet and I wanted something that was smaller. He is a villa with 12 people and I like that whole setting. We are very happy with everything. We have caregivers. There are three shifts a day. They are pretty good with the patients. The nurses are good also. The administrator is fairly new but I like her a lot. She is trying to install different new things and I think it is going very well. My husband has a room, it is semi-private. He has a very large bathroom. He is in his room very seldom all day because he sits out in the common room in his chair or wheelchair. I'm very happy with everything. There are seven villas. They are about 12 people in each villa and according to the progression of the dementia. The food is probably as good and as well as can be prepared for them. It is brought over to their villa in heated containers and then the caregivers give it to the patients. So far I haven't seen anything that was not good. There are not a lot of activities though because he cannot get up and walk. The rest of the people are that way too. However, I just like the whole setting and the people there are very, very together. They talk among each other. I like the whole thing.

November 27, 2013

Pacifica Senior was a nice memory care place. The staff seemed friendly and nice. However, the rooms were kind of small and it was expensive. It was like $4,500 a month.

October 15, 2013

By Diana21

My mom has been living in Pacifica since March. The staff and the care were great. They have great rooms and activities. The food is good and the place didn't smell of urine. The help talk and care for the patients. They have entertainment come; church and they watch TV in the big room. My mom is happier; she's talking and joking around where she didn't talk before.

September 29, 2013

By Barbara65838050

The decorations at Pacifica Senior Living Belleair were very basic and not up to date. Each resident lived in a cottage and each had a front yard. They sat outside on the bench or gazebo area and there was a garden area where she walked around. The kitchen area was laid out like a house and that was where everybody ate. My mom said the food was very good. She shared the cottage with another lady and it was comfortable for her. I loved that they allowed her to bring her bed. The staff were very nurturing and they had a nurse 24/7 that gave the medications. There were two staff who changed shifts thrice a day. My mom had dementia and they seemed to understand the phases they went through. They had a resident dog which was terrific. You could visit anytime you wanted as long as your name was on the list. Every time I visit, she was dressed nicely, her clothes were clean and not disheveled. They had a book that was like a diary of each resident. It was very homey and it was what I looked for.

July 25, 2013

By Nancy 4

I visited Pacifica Senior Living Belleair for my mother. Their staff was very nice. They also said that their caregivers would check their residents every 15 minutes during the night but I have my doubts about that. My mother has dementia, but I don't like the fact that she is behind locked gate though I do understand that because some dementia patients are wanderers, but my mom is not that way. I also didn't like the fact that there was no personal phone in their rooms.

May 28, 2013

By Anne19

The nice thing about Pacifica Senior Living Belleair is that their memory care allows residents to go outside on their own gardens and very nice park-like settings, which can make them feel like they are living a normal, unrestricted life. Smokers, like my mother-in-law, are also allowed to smoke outside with a staff in attendance. Most memory care units that I've seen have no outside at all. It's a fenced in community with real architectural and very nice fencing, and the grounds are beautiful. The food is not just the regular food you find in most of these places. They have a chef there and food is excellent. The rooms are very nice and set up separately in villas; villa 1 through 7 and my mother-in-law is in villa 7. There are only fourteen residents in there. They have their own kitchen, their own staff, nurses, and caregivers. The staff is very, very warm, and they make us feel like they really care about our family and they're all professionals. Their warm caring approach and that they really cared about your loved one, I would say, is the best thing about them. The buildings are nice and clean. Everything is lovely and clean.

April 18, 2013

By Maria10

The Villas of Belle Air was close to the beaches. The staff who toured me was attentive, pleasant and tried to help me as much as possible. The place was a little crowded. The rooms were average in size. The price was a little expensive for me. Cleanliness of the facility should be improved because it smelled of urine.

April 17, 2013

By Jujusg8r

The staff in the villas really go out of their way to do what they can for the residents. The amount of care & compassion is very genuine & appreciated.

April 09, 2013

By caring01231

I like Pacifica Belleair because it's specifically geared towards patients with dementia, and the staff seemed to be well-trained. The residents are divided into cottages which look like regular houses, so it's a very homelike atmosphere. The rooms are not huge but spacious enough. Mom has her own room, her own private bathroom, and she was allowed to bring in furniture or anything from home. The facility is all in 1-story building, so everybody is on the ground floor; no steps. The food is excellent. They have a chef that prepares food for the whole place.

January 26, 2012

By tampabayCNA

The Encore Senior village is a large ALF in Clearwater. Home to about 100 residents at any given time, this place stays busy! The immaculate manicured entrance only shadows what you are about to endure. Once you enter this building the freshness of lavender waves across your pathway. The décor is one of taste and virtue. These individual mini apartments allow independence and assistance. The staff is always available and it is easy to get their attention. It appears as if the laundry is done "on site". The meals are served primarily in the evening with options being given and special attention to dietary limitations. There is also plenty of parking. This place is a beauty.

Questions about Pacifica Senior Living Belleair

What ongoing training does the staff receive in dementia care?

Dementia care training starts at orientation and continues throughout the staffs’ tenure. Onboarding includes 26 hours of Dementia and Assisted Living care training with 3 – 5 days of hands-on training. Ongoing training is comprised of computer-based learning (8 additional hours per year); hands-on live classroom training (4 hours per year); and monthly in-service events led by the registered nurse, executive director, or a third party vendor.

Describe the overall population of assisted living residents at Pacifica Senior Living Belleair. What is their average age? What are their favorite things to do?

Residents at Pacifica Senior Living Belleair enjoy a wide range of social, spiritual and fun activities. They are able to provide input into what activities they would like to see.

What programs or activities does Pacifica Senior Living Belleair offer to enrich residents' well-being?

Residents Enjoy social, spiritual and fun activities based on their likes. Walking paths around the cottages allows them to get their exercise in. Covered porches provide a great spot for morning coffee or afternoon tea.

What places are near Pacifica Senior Living Belleair or within walking distance for assisted living residents to enjoy?

Across the street, the residents can enjoy a thrift store. A BBQ Restaurant is also nearby filling the air with the aroma of fresh country cooking.

What transportation services does Pacifica Senior Living Belleair offer to assisted living residents?

Transportation is provided to doctors offices, other medical providers and scheduled transportation for outings such as lunch outing, shopping and banking.

What makes the chef or dining program at Pacifica Senior Living Belleair exceptional? What kind of menu can assisted living residents expect?

The Chef prepares meals that not only look great, but also taste great. Residents are encouraged to let us know their likes and dislikes so that we can tailor the meals to everyone's liking.

What safety features or security measures does Pacifica Senior Living Belleair offer to assisted living residents?

Pacifica Belleair has a call bell system and perimeter gates to provide safety and security for your love ones.

How does Pacifica Senior Living Belleair keep residents' families informed about their loved ones?

The Nursing Staff provided updates to the families as the needs arise.

What is the care staff-to-resident ratio at Pacifica Senior Living Belleair during daytime and nighttime hours?

Each Cottage at full capacity of 14 residents has two staff members on first and second shift and 1 staff member (with a float) on third shift.

If Pacifica Senior Living Belleair accepts dogs or cats, what indoor/outdoor areas can they enjoy?

Assisted Living Residents can have dogs or cats, if they can maintain the care of their pet.

What ongoing senior care training does the staff receive?

Staff are provided ongoing training on CPR, First Aid, Infection Control, Emergency Preparedness, Personal Care, Customer Service and many more.

How many staffers are on duty in the daytime and overnight?

During the day, our staff includes a registered nurse, a med tech, three caregivers, an activities director, and other ancillary staff, such as kitchen, maintenance, and administration personnel. Our overnight staff is comprised of a med tech, two caregivers, and a registered nurse on-call.

What safety features or security measures does Pacifica Senior Living Belleair provide to protect residents who wander?

For those residents who wander, another cottage is provided that has secured gating. This still allows the residents to go outside, but are protected by a key padded gate.

What programs or activities does Pacifica Senior Living Belleair offer to keep residents engaged? How does the staff engage residents' long-term memories?

Pacifica Senior Living offers a robust activities program staffed by an activities director and an activities assistant. Group activities including, but limited to, exercise, gardening, movies, baking, putting golf, and singing are scheduled seven days a week from 9:30am through 6:00pm. Additionally, individual one-on-one activities, such as manicures and jewelry making, are ongoing throughout the day. Long-term memories are engaged through activities specific for long-term stimulation and reminiscing with memory books. Other activities include, but are not limited to, live music, dance groups, birthday parties, dance parties, ice cream parties, and holiday parties.

Each resident is assessed by the registered nurse every 90 days. After the resident has had his/her assessment, a care conference is scheduled with the family/Power of Attorney and resident to meet with the executive director, registered nurse, and activities director.

What techniques does Pacifica Senior Living Belleair use to support memory care residents during mealtimes?

As Pacifica Senior Living practices individual person-centered care, techniques vary per resident and are meant to be independent appropriate. Techniques may include reminders, cueing, mechanically enhanced foods, hand-under-hand assistance, or a total assist with feeding. To enrich the dining experience we also provide all our meals on colorful plating.

How does Pacifica Senior Living Belleair keep residents' families informed about their loved ones' health?

At 30 days after move-in and every 90 days thereafter following the assessment by the nurse, a Care Conference is conducted between the family or POA, Associate Executive Director and resident if they wish to attend. Intermittently, health concerns are communicated as they may arise.

Describe the neighborhood around Pacifica Senior Living Belleair. Is it located in a residential neighborhood, a business district, a rural setting, or other type of locale?

Pacifica Belleair is located in a residential neighborhood

Is Pacifica Senior Living Belleair affiliated with a hospital if more care is needed?

Mortan Plant Hospital is just minutes away.

Costs for Pacifica Senior Living Belleair

Photos of Pacifica Senior Living Belleair

Services and Amenities of Pacifica Senior Living Belleair

About Pacifica Senior Living Belleair

Pacifica Senior Living of Belleair is an Assisted Living and Memory Care community. We offer Cottage Style living with the maximum of 14 residents per cottage. Each cottage has their own living room, dining room, kitchen and covered front porch which enhance the home-like feel. Each cottage also has a walking path around the yard with sitting areas for those residents who enjoy the outdoors.

Map of Pacifica Senior Living Belleair