Elim Park

Assisted Living Reviews for Elim Park

Continuing Care Retirement Community Reviews for Elim Park

March 20, 2015

By Shorty gryl

CNA staff was superb. They were as attentive as possible to my needs. The nursing staff was frustrating. Medications were not given in a timely manner, or were not available or were of such poor quality they made me sicker than when I was admitted. No amount of pleading changed anything. They refuse to allow my PCP call them nor would they contact him for clarification. I was given unnecessary tests with questionable results. If you decide to use their services, make sure another person the patient trusts keep a constant eye on what is happening.

January 13, 2015

By wehavebeentheredonethat

It looks nice. They spend a lot of money on window treatments, making the dining room look fancy, but ask to see "Long term care" if you go to visit (they don't volunteer that part), check that unit's Sunday night supper quality, and ask what dementia training specialties all the staff has. For an expensive place they often can only claim that they always meet the state minimum staffing requirements all the while charging well over the state average.Still, it is better than many.

February 28, 2014

By Beverly30

Elim Park Place was a very beautiful facility but it was very expensive. There was an entrance fee just to get in and all other services were paid extra. The rooms were very nice. They had over 300 residents, so the ratio of staff to residents was not as good as where my brother lived. The dining room was like a five star hotel. It just was not a good fit for my brother.

February 28, 2014

By Ned1

I did visit Elim Park Place for my brother-in-law. The facility was just too large and mobility would be an issue here. We thought that it will be very difficult for him to maneuver around. It did have independent, assisted and skilled care. They pretty much have all in one. The staff was very professional. The rooms seemed nice. The activities looked like they were very good. They had the whole nine yards. They even had their own amphitheater. They had virtually everything, e.g. entertainment, outtrips, etc.

July 25, 2013

By Rose18

Elim Park is a beautiful and a very clean place. They are great and wonderful. Everything was good. The nurses were wonderful. The care, you couldn't ask for better. They were right there when you needed them. The food was good. The thing was my husband could not eat, but they did bring in food and I tasted that once in a while and it was good. I would recommend this facility to others.

June 13, 2013

By Robert29

If I had a choice to put my father in a facility, I would choose Elim Park but they are very costly. Their facility is outrageous. It's beautiful. They have a great reputation and what I like most about them is that they have a convalescent home, so he can just be transferred anytime he needs it. One of my concerns is the stability of the people working in a facility and I can see that their staff has been with them for about 10 years and that is important to me. I've talked to a couple of people helping the residents in cleaning and they were all very happy working there. I can't say anything bad about the place.

October 01, 2012

By Dickiedoo

Independent Living Facility with attached Skilled Nursing Facility. Excellent Care as needed. Residents live independently in their own apartment, and can receive various assistance as needed ala carte (shopping, laundry, medication management). Nursing facility is in an attached building allowing spouse to visit without having to schedule transportation or go outside in inclement weather. Independent living charges currently are $2500/mo. plus any desired ala carte assistance. Nursing charges are currently $515/day. Fall 2012 rates.

June 29, 2012

By timeisprecious

I always enjoyed going to visit my grandparents at Elim Park. They had a very nice apartment, which was large enough for our family of six to visit comfortably. My grandmother was always happy to show us off at the dining hall, which served a very nice Sunday brunch. As my grandfather was dying, he was in the assisted living portion, which allowed my grandmother to visit him daily by just walking down, and not having to be transported to another facility. The staff were very caring and respectful to him and the family. After he passed, they were compassionate and supportive of my grandmother.

March 29, 2012

By Grandma's favorite

Elim Park is a wonderful, spotless, caring community providing top level residential living for seniors in both independence and assisted living. All services are well managed. The meals are fresh, nutritional and of the highest quality . The facilitlies and and landscaping are beautifully designed and maintained. Support services are very responsive and include medical, nutritional guidance, ,care companions, mental health services, transportation, an extraordinary fitness center and a wide range of recreational and hobby activities. The entertainment offerings of theatre, ballet and music are presented in a professional auditorium with accomplished talents appearing on a regular schedule of offerings, Vacation trips and day excursions are top notch. The various teams of professionals at Elim work well with all families in planning and providing care for our elder loved ones. For 9 years we could not be happier with Elim Park for our mother.
See all Continuing Care Retirement Community reviews (16) See fewer reviews

About Elim Park

Elim Park is a senior living provider in Cheshire, Connecticut that offers residents Assisted Living and Continuing Care Communities. Contact Elim Park for more details on services and rates.

Map of Elim Park