The Hearth at Gardenside

Reviews of The Hearth at Gardenside

Assisted Living Reviews for The Hearth at Gardenside

March 06, 2017

By Happy Son067050

They seem to be very well-trained and very capable of working with people who need memory care at the Hearth at Gardenside. They have organized activities. The food is reasonable; it is sometimes better, and sometimes the people there are not quite happy with it, but at other times it seems fine to me. They have a general purpose room and, considering that many of the people are only marginally mobile, it seems to be adequate. They are very hardworking and very methodical in how they go about things; I have been impressed.

December 08, 2016

By Suzie616654

The décor was depressing and dark, and the ceilings were low. I thought The Hearth at Gardenside was a very sad environment. The person who assisted us was friendly, interacted with some of the residents, and seems personable with them, and they seem very happy to see him.

Dear Suzie, Thank you for taking the time to visit our community and providing us with your feedback. We strive to keep Gardenside a warm and bright experience for our residents and visitors, and we don't usually get this type of feedback. We would love for you to come back and have another visit so we can show you how homey and comfortable our residents and guests feel. Sincerely, Melissa Boyle, Executive Director

February 03, 2016

By Caring daughter119224650

My mother is here in the Hearth at Gardenside, and we liked it better because they had courtyards, sitting areas, porches and gardens. Nothing fancy, but places where you could be outside. This is a very pretty facility. My mother has dementia, and I think her transition here has kind of exacerbated that, but they said she could do assisted-living when they did their assessment of her. She didn’t make it four days in assisted-living; so their assessment was either very deceptive or they just chose to bring us in knowing they weren’t going to be able to meet her needs. The studio apartment is very nice, the residents are nice, and the actual assistance available in the assisted living side was very helpful. They just couldn’t provide the kind of assistance that she needed. She needed more than escorting to the dining room. She couldn’t manage the dining room menu or ordering her food. She couldn’t find her way around. Within four days they told us that they could tell she wasn’t going to make it, and wanted her to transition to the memory care unit. She should have gone to the memory care unit right when she got there. So within a week she was in the memory care unit, and they promised that there would be much more staff; much more ability to provide her individual needs. Still, this is where she has fallen big time, and has gone to the emergency room three times. She went from walking through a walker to being in a wheelchair since November 30th. They’ve worked with me financially. So, in some ways they’ve been very supportive, but they should have never taken her in. They should have told us that she couldn’t come here. The food is excellent; it’s absolutely worth living here for. They have a great cook, and the dining room is beautiful. The facility itself is nice, and I know they’re trying because of the fact that they worked with me. They said they have nurses, but those nurses can do nothing. They can do no skilled care, and they never said that.

Thank you for your feedback. We are sorry to hear that you haven’t had an entirely positive experience with us here at The Hearth at Gardenside. We are pleased to hear that you are satisfied with the fine dining and with the support that you have received from us, but it is essential that we have provided you and your mother with a smooth transition; we do apologize that you do not feel as though that was provided to you. The opinions of our residents and their loved ones are very important to us. It is also very important that we provide our residents with the best quality of care and lifestyle at The Hearth. I hope that your mother is now content and doing well in Keepsake Village. Please give me a call at 315-453-0561 to discuss your thoughts and concerns. Sincerely, Kara Khanzadian Regional Operations Manager

October 19, 2015

By Mimi'sgirl

Our mother was there for a very short period of time this summer. Unfortunately she passed way too soon but the time she spent in the Keepsake unit at the Hearth was a blessing. My sisters and I did not meet one person that was not caring, concerned or involved. The staff did a terrific job looking out for my mother's needs and took excellent care of her. I only wish she could have been in their care longer.

Thank you so much for your feedback. We are committed to providing our residents with the best quality of care here at The Hearth at Gardenside, and we are glad that we had the opportunity to care for your mother!

March 20, 2015

I choose The Hearth at Gardenside because it is very clean, it is highly recommended by my doctor, it is near my home, and the food is excellent. The people that are there to help my dad are very nice. They are excellent. I think it is the number 1 in the area. I talk to other people that have family members there, and they highly recommend it. So, I will definitely put my father there again if I have to, and I am very particular on where I put my dad. It is affordable for my dad. They take veterans, and I am very happy with them. The director is highly knowledgeable of the place. She didn't lie to me about anything, and every time I need something, I tell her, and she takes care of it.

July 31, 2013

By Scott6

My father is at The Hearth at Gardenside. This place is great because they work with us and they listen to what I tell them unlike some other places. The people are very good and helpful. They listened to what I said about my father's needs and how he reacts to different things. They work very well with him in giving him what he needs and not on what they want to do. He has an apartment which is not very big but that's all he needs. My father said the food there is good and their dining room is very nice. They seem to have quite a few things going on and these are things that he likes to do. They had music and TV. I like it that the facility is always clean and neat as well as the fact that they do what they say they are going to do. I will definitely recommend it to others.

December 20, 2011

By Private Care Manager

Along with its sister facility in Madison, this is the best assisted living facility along the shoreline. Hands down. Everything is well-run and professional. The residents are treated as unique individuals and are cared for and monitored accordingly. I highly recommend this facility for those looking in the Branford area.

June 30, 2011

By GuiCyber

I have nothing but good things to say about this place. There are so many things that are done to make sure that the residents have as comfortable stay as possible. Making sure that the residents stay active, the facility has implemented a social calendar that keeps being updated, so it gives residents a chance to try something new as well as get to know each other. On top of have an event list, the facility also has a beauty salon and an exercise room. The staff is knowledgeable and well trained as well as being friendly. The facility is well kept and easily accessible, and I am confident in the staffs abilities to take care of whom ever were to stay there. A great place, and worth checking out.

Independent Living Reviews for The Hearth at Gardenside

Costs for The Hearth at Gardenside

Photos of The Hearth at Gardenside

Services and Amenities of The Hearth at Gardenside

• Companion Suites: We Do Not Offer Companion Suites

About The Hearth at Gardenside

The Hearth provides the area's top care programs, activities, and services at a price point that creates an unparalleled value and unforgettable experience.

At The Hearth at Gardenside, you'll enjoy gracious living, engaging activities and delicious Hearth-Healthy dining options on 19 wooded acres, just minutes from historic downtown Branford, CT. Branford's exquisite location on Long Island Sound makes it a quintessential New England town. Offering a sparkling shoreline, lovely beaches, abundant gourmet restaurants, the historic Blackstone Memorial Library, the church-lined town green, and a bustling town center, Branford residents are proud of its New England heritage. We offer a complete range of senior living options to meet your needs and exceed your expectations. From independent living for those who want to enjoy an active, fulfilling life without the worries of home maintenance, to assisted living and memory care for those who require a little extra support—it's all designed to help you Live More and achieve wellness in every aspect of your life..

Map of The Hearth at Gardenside