Pacifica Senior Living Santa Clarita

Reviews of Pacifica Senior Living Santa Clarita

Assisted Living Reviews for Pacifica Senior Living Santa Clarita

October 15, 2020

By Victoria Ponce

We had an awesome experience at Pacifica, the staff is so friendly and caring. I had the pleasure to meet the Memory care director and she was super nice, knowledgeable and answer all our questions . The place is clean. I can say they truly care for the elderly people. Great experience and wonderful place !!!

Hello, thank you for your positive review, we are grateful to see that you feel this way! We strive to provide excellent care and service to our residents and their families at Pacifica Senior Living Santa Clarita. Thank you again, we hope you have a wonderful day!

October 06, 2020

By Ser99

Mother has been here 5 years and is better now than when she first arrived. She is 98 years old. The caregivers and administrators are very helpful and friendly and a nice surrounding atmosphere throughout.

Thank you for your positive review, we appreciate your feedback! We always strive to provide top quality service and care to every resident and their families. We are so are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your experience here at Pacifica Senior Living Santa Clarita. Thank you again, we hope that you have a wonderful day.

September 06, 2020

By Diane A.

Making the decision to place a loved one in an AL or MC community can be very stressful. It seemed to be overwhelming; and with COVID-19 very challenging. We are happy with our decision to secure an apartment in Pacifica. Working with their entire staff, from admin, medical, concierge and maintenance, we never felt stressed or overwhelmed. The transition went smoothly, very professional and very quickly. The staff was excellent with communication and compassion. Thank you so much Pacifica.

June 04, 2020

By Dan.H

My mom is 86 and she’s been at Pacifica Senior Living for the past 8 months. I have to say that I’ve been extremely satisfied with the level of comfort and care mom has received while at Pacifica. Pacifica provides the kind of environment that allows my mom to maintain her independence while ensuring she gets the right level of assistance she needs when she needs it. Pacifica’s caregivers are very kind and check on mom frequently; encouraging her to participate in activities that promote socialization and engagement. Fortunately, I live and work within 1 mile of Pacifica and visit frequently (outside of the recent quarantine). This allows me to have a good collaborative relationship with Pacifica’s staff - we keep each other informed as needed to ensure Mom’s health and happiness.

May 12, 2020

By Janmag C

Dear Melanie, Thanks for your frequent updates, and most especially for you and the “crew” for taking such good care of everyone at Pacifica. I am not a computer/internet person, so won’t be clicking any links or doing Facebook, but I did want you to know how much your efforts have been appreciated. You have put together a great group of people and our family is so grateful. Best to you and your team,

Thank you for your positive review, we appreciate your kind words! We always strive to provide top quality service and care to every resident and their families. We are so are pleased to hear this.

May 12, 2020

By Lisa Gottesman

The Staff at Pacifica has been amazing! Our mom has been in isolation due to Covid for 2 months and they have arranged video zoom calls, asked us to make video calls to show her and have updated us every step of the way with what is happening. Best news is that our facility is covid free. Thank you to all who work there who have stepped up during these unprecedented times.

Thank you for your positive review, we appreciate your kind words! We always strive to provide top quality service and care to every resident and their families. We are so are pleased to hear is.

March 17, 2020

By Mark

Pacifica Senior Living Santa Clarita was very nice, we definitely considered it, but it was more formal, and my dad was more homey. I saw the activity board, they had a cocktail hour, and it was more formal. The person that walked me around was very nice.

Hi Mark, thank you very much for your consideration and for touring our community. We're sorry that we did not appear to be a fit for your dad, we would really love to have him here with us. We hope you find the community that best meets your needs, if you have any questions or comments in the future please feel free to reach out we are always here for you.

June 14, 2019

By Vicfric

The only problem I see is staff turnover. My mom loves it there.

Hi, thank you for taking the time to share your review, your opinion is very important to us. We appreciate you sharing and we are so happy to hear that your mother is happy here with us. We always strive to provide top quality service to every resident and their families, and are pleased to hear this.

March 23, 2019

By Ann

The person who gave me the tour at Pacifica Senior Living Santa Clarita, Cristina Castro, was wonderful. She's no longer there, which was unfortunate because she was a part of why my dad was moving there. The food was delicious and the place was clean. We saw one activity and my dad enjoyed watching that very much. The rooms we saw were definitely something that he could move into and the price range was in his price range.

Thank you Ann, we appreciate your feedback! We always strive to provide top quality service to every resident and their families, and are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your experience here at Pacifica Senior Living Santa Clarita.

May 30, 2017

By lynda562771

We saw Pacifica, and it was nice and orderly. We saw a couple of rooms; the smallest one was like a studio without a kitchen, but adequate for 1 person. We saw a larger one which could be for a couple or shared room, and it was really nice. They have a multi-purpose room for games, entertainment, and it has a piano. They had a different room for TV, computer, and they had a library. They had a lot of common rooms. The dining room was spacious, the tables and chairs were very nice, and didn't look like a drab cafeteria.

Thank you for leaving this detailed review about your experience with our community. Please don't hesitate to reach out if there's anything additional we can do for you.

May 25, 2017

By john-f-640326

We checked out Pacifica, the place was very nice, and it was close to us. We were not excited with the food, and I was not impressed. The rooms were very small, they were studios, and they were more expensive. Also, it was on a busy street; however, the staff is very friendly.

John, thank you for leaving us feedback. We are disappointed to hear that your experience was not a positive one. We pride ourselves on providing exceptional service, so we are disappointed to hear that your visit with us was anything less than satisfactory. We would like the opportunity to discuss your review. Please reach out to us at (661) 877-4368 at your earliest convenience.

May 09, 2017

By Fred-L

My parents have lived at Pacifica for almost 7 years. My Dad passed away 4 years ago but my mom is still there. In that time I have had the pleasure of dealing with professional care givers who really care about their residents. I looked at several Assisted Living Facilities before deciding on Pacifica and I'm glad I picked them. The social director keeps the residents active with shopping trips, bus rides to shopping centers and local restaurants, exercise classes, daily Bingo, activity/craft classes, nightly movies with popcorn/desert and even wine & cheese tasting! There is plenty for my mom to do on a daily basis. The social director decorates the place for every Holiday and even special days like Valentine's Day. It always looks neat, clean and welcoming. They just had a Cinco De Mayo Party there serving delicious Mexican food which was a big hit with everyone! They even had Margaritas and Coronas! There is laundry service and room maintenance that is part of the package. They even have a hairdresser there almost every day! On the rare occasion when I've had an issue with my mom and her room/care, I was able to speak directly to the Director to resolve any issue to my satisfaction. The staff is the best part of Pacifica. They make sure that the residents are happy and well cared for. I would highly recommend Pacifica for your loved ones. You won't be sorry you did!

Thank you Fred for your positive 5 star review. Your opinion is very important to us. We are proud of our community and the exceptional level of care we provide. We have a great staff and genuinely care for all our residents! Did you know we have a Facebook page with pictures of our residents and their interesting activities? (The link to the Facebook page is on our website). Thank you again, we look forward to seeing you again. Please feel free to contact with any and all questions, (661) 877-4368. Thank you so much again for your stellar review! We hope you have a great day!

May 08, 2017

By April286150

Mom is doing great at Pacifica Senior Living Santa Clarita. The staff is excellent, and I have no problems with any of them. Mom's room is small, but it is a good size with a balcony. Mom thinks the food is awful. Their calendar of activities is pretty good. Overall, I am very satisfied with the place. It is clean, nice, the people are very caring, and Mom is very happy. She likes it there.

Hi, thank you for leaving this detailed review about your experience and your mothers. We are happy to hear all the positive feedback and sorry to see that she doesn't care for the menu options. We appreciate the honest feedback and will use your comments to improve. Please don't hesitate to reach out if there's anything additional we can do for you. We appreciate it and look forward to seeing you again.

February 23, 2017

By Jodie335614

Pacifica was great. The person that assisted me was very helpful, and everything was fine. The rooms were small, but they're nice. They have an exercise room.

Thank you very much for taking the time to leave us this positive 4 star review. We appreciate it!

December 05, 2016

By .862216

Pacifica Senior Living was an assisted living facility with very limited parking underneath the building. The rooms were very small, but the facilities were pretty nice. The people seemed to be nice. However, it was expensive for my sister's budget. The dining hall seemed to be nice. They had scheduled activities. The age population seemed to be older than my sister. The facilities were clean.

Thanks for the positive detailed review. We strive to provide excellent care and service to our residents and their families at Pacifica Senior Living Santa Clarita. We thank you for your consideration and hope to see you and your sister again soon!

November 23, 2016

By Robin223767

Pacifica was very nice; they were very helpful and spent time discussing the options with me. The rooms were very clean, and I would have no reservations moving forward with that community. They looked happy.

You really made our day today. We strive to provide excellent care and service to our residents and their families at Pacifica Senior Living Santa Clarita. We appreciate you taking the time to leave us a review! Thank you again!

November 14, 2016

By Kathy675686

We weren't thrilled about Pacifica Senior Living Santa Clarita. It just didn't feel right and was not very warm. We made an appointment with a lady, she made us wait for her for probably 30 minutes past our time, and I felt the tour was not very good. She took us to a room in the middle of getting its carpet done and had glue on the floor, and we were stepping on it. The elevator smelled like urine. I wasn't happy about it at all. It just seemed dirty, and it just wasn't clean and not a place I would put my dad.

Thank you for your review, we are sorry to see that you did not have a positive experience. We strive to maintain excellent business relations at Pacifica Senior Living Santa Clarita. Please call our Executive Director directly at (661) 877-4368 to discuss ways we can work towards resolving this issue to your satisfaction. We look forward to hearing from you soon.

November 05, 2016

By Nancy620273

We liked Pacifica, except for the rooms. We wanted a one-bedroom, and they didn’t have the room size we needed. They only had 4 available, and they were on the corners and didn’t have balconies. They were on a busy street. The staff person was very nice and friendly, and she knew all the guests, which was good.

Thank you Nancy, for reaching out, your opinion is very important to us. We are proud of our community and the exceptional level of care we provide. We have a great staff and genuinely care for all our residents. Thank you for your consideration, we hope to see you again soon.

July 27, 2016

By Roger384461

My experience with Pacifica Senior Living Santa Clarita was very good. They had a carport, which I was impressed with. Inside, it was really nice, well kept up, and clean. I'm impressed. It was very good. They could probably expand the rooms a little bit. The gym was fine. They had a beauty salon. The staff was very nice. The location was very good on a very quiet street, not near the freeway at all.

Thanks Roger384461, for leaving us this review. We greatly appreciate it!

May 29, 2016

By Gloria401081

Pacifica Senior Living Santa Clarita was an older place. The people were fantastic, but I did not particularly care for the layout of the studio. It was carpeted, which means my mom’s wheelchair would get stuck a lot, and the room was sort of small for her. I like that they had a memory care center and keep the residents active with a lot of activities. You name it, they have it.

Thank you for your positive 5 star review. We are sorry that our community does not meet your needs. We value our residents and families and appreciating you sharing your comments. We hope that you find the community that best fits your mother's needs and we are sorry that we could not accommodate you. We thank you for your consideration.

May 29, 2016

By Sonia476041

Pacifica is a bit older and didn’t have skilled nursing care, so it wasn’t what we were looking for. The elevators seemed scary, but the residents seemed really happy. The people that I encountered were all smiling and friendly, and the staff was very friendly, too. It was kind of small and wasn’t as luxurious, but the accommodations were OK. They had bingo, games every night, and a library. They had restaurant-style dining. If you don’t need nursing care, it would be OK.

Hi Sonia, Thank you for your review. We are sorry to see that you only gave our community only 3 stars. (We strive for 5 star positive reviews!) We are honored to be among the top senior living communities in the nation and named "Caring Star of 2014 and 2013" for Service Excellence in Assisted Living. We are very pleased to hear that all our residents were really happy, we are extremely proud of our staff and the quality care that we consistently provide. We have a great staff and genuinely care for all our residents, and it shows. We thank you for your consideration and hope that you are happy in the community you decide on. We value our residents and families are constantly striving to make our community as enjoyable and comfortable as possible. If there is any way that we can change your mind, please contact us. We look forward to hearing from you soon. (661) 877-4368

May 10, 2016

By Barbara124269250

My mom ist at Pacifica and their rooms are really nice. They have a movie theater room, a card game area where people can play. Everybody is very friendly and helpful. There prices are reasonable than most of the other places. Their value is good compared to other places.

Hi Barbara~ Thank you for your positive review, we are so pleased to hear that your mother is happy here with us. We are very happy to hear that your mom enjoys the variety of activities we offer. We also have a Facebook page with pictures and we invite you to "like" our page and engage with us! (The link to the Facebook page is on our website). Thank you again for your positive review!

May 10, 2016

By Billie6

I was very impressed with Pacifica Senior Living Santa Clarita. It had a nice, large entrance, and it was very beautiful. Their dining area was really beautiful. We didn't look around too much because we didn't have much time, but I did see enough that I was so impressed with. The room was nice and big, the staff was very nice, and I was satisfied with the convenient location.

Thank you for your positive review, we are so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your first impression of your our community. Did you know that we were the proud winner of "The Best Senior Living Communities in America by Caring.com" in 2013 and 2014! Our unique community has so much to offer, we would love to show you around again when you have more time, please reach out at your convenience. 661.293.2555.

February 10, 2016

By Loving Daughter29

Everything at Pacifica Senior Living Santa Clarita seemed very nice. We only talked to one person. She was pleasant, and helpful. It's just the place was pricy. We didn't see any activities, but there was a calendar that was given out for the activities that were going to be happening, i.e., hot topics in the news, pet therapy, a walking club, etc. The room that we were in was like a sitting-area, and it had a table; but I didn't see anybody in there eating.

Thank you for your positive review., we are very proud of our community and the level of care we provide! We foster an atmosphere of acceptance and warmth in our community. Our staff genuinely cares for all our residents, and their families. We thank you for your consideration and would like to talk with you further about our community. Please contact us at your convenience. (661)293-2555

September 12, 2014

The staff members at Pacifica Senior Living Santa Clarita are great. There is Bingo, a walking club, and once a week they take us to a restaurant. They provide transportation to local medical centers. They don't take us on distant trips, but once a week they do a scenic drive. I have a large private studio and it is good. They changed the carpet and painted it before I moved in. There is a microwave and a refrigerator. I like it. The dining room is nice and spacious, I have good tablemates, and most of the food is good and sufficient. I would recommend it.

Thank you very much.

August 29, 2014

By Judy89072350

I like Pacifica Senior Living a lot. I like the lady who I spoke with. She was very knowledgeable. She knew what questions we had. She knew a lot about the area and what people here want. She took us on a short tour. The facility was clean and there was no odd smell. Things were really put together. They have a print monthly calendar. Some activities were on a regular schedule, like bingo and different exercise classes. Then they have individual activities made up for the people to come to if they want to come. I could see my mom going to some of these things.

We appreciate your positive review about your recent experience with us!

August 20, 2014

I chose Pacifica Senior Living Santa Clarita for my mom because of the price and the smallness of the facility for memory care. She just got there Saturday, and so far, so good. I have not noticed any problems at this time. Her room is fine; I don't have a problem with it. It is carpeted, and it has a kitchen as well.

Caring91526950, it's experiences like yours that really keep us motivated!

May 30, 2014

The staff at Pacifica Senior Living was friendly. The rooms were fine, but the rooms in the other facility that we visited were finer. The dining room was adequate and fine as well. The patients looked fine and happy. Pacifica had some musicians, and they were enjoying a show when I was there. In the memory care portion, they were playing some games. There were stuff going on, and they looked very engaged.

Hi there, We would like to get some more details about your experience with us. We are always more than happy to assist you if anything else comes up. Take care!

November 27, 2013

We had mom-in-law at Pacifica Senior Living. So far the facility is great and she actually loves it. She met lots of new friends and she loves it. The place is absolutely clean. The room that she's in is about 400 sq. ft.

Thank you for taking the time to let us know how we did. We hope you have a great day!

July 31, 2013

By Michelle27

Pacifica Senior Living was very nice. It was very clean and our visit was very nice. But it was an old folks home and was not appropriate for my mom. Even the lady coordinator knew that it was not appropriate for my mom because there was not one person there under 90. I liked it that they were extremely helpful in referring me to other places and for being very honest in not trying to sell me on their facility.

Hi, thank you for taking the time to share your review, we are now under new management and invite you back for a tour. Please feel free to contact with any and all questions. We hope you have a wonderful day and we hope to see you at one of our upcoming activities!

July 30, 2013

By Caring 5519

My mother-in-law is going to be moved to Pacifica Nursing Home in Newhall, CA. We visited and interviewed with them. It was a nice, clean facility and the people who worked with us were really professional. It just looked like a good place for us to be and the price was right.

July 01, 2012

By TGTom

I moved my mother to this place about a year ago. Beforehand, she was living at home alone, and she wasn't that much of a social person. It's amazing what I've seen since she's been at this fine senior living establishment. The facilities are almost spotless, and the staff is always making sure it is a germ-free environment. She's always out at different activities. She loved the trip to Griffith Park a few weeks back. She has great neighbors and friends.The staff is there for her whenever she needs them, and the staff is so attentive to all her needs. The food as also amazing and very healthy. You won't find a better place in the Santa Clarita Valley. She's very happy here. I'm so thankful that such a place like this existed so close to my home.

We appreciate your positive review about your experience.

May 25, 2012

By MaryroseW

The rooms were average --- they were nice and clean. My mom brought her own furniture with her, like the TV, and some other stuff that she needed. The facility and the staff are capable of taking care of people with dementia, and they were actually very welcoming when we first went there. I can't say much about them as I haven't been there for quite a while. I wasn't able to taste their food, but according to my mom, she says it's good. There are a few improvements that this facility can make such as lowering the cost and make the facility affordable. Many people don't make that kind of money they're asking for.

We appreciate you taking the time to leave us this feedback.

Memory Care Reviews for Pacifica Senior Living Santa Clarita

Questions about Pacifica Senior Living Santa Clarita

What ongoing training does the staff receive in dementia care?

Dementia care training starts at orientation and continues throughout the staffs’ tenure. Onboarding includes 26 hours of Dementia and Assisted Living care training with 3 – 5 days of hands-on training. Ongoing training is comprised of computer-based learning (8 additional hours per year); hands-on live classroom training (4 hours per year); and monthly in-service events led by the registered nurse, executive director, or a third party vendor.

Describe the overall population of assisted living residents at Pacifica Senior Living Santa Clarita. What is their average age? What are their favorite things to do?

Our residents average age is 82 years old they love to gather, reminisce of fond memories and build new relationships.

What programs or activities does Pacifica Senior Living Santa Clarita offer to enrich residents' well-being?

Cooking, card playing, morning devotions, dancing to favorate tunes while sipping on wine and sampling great cheese, making homemade apple and pumpkin butter during the holidays. Daily Bingo shopping and weekly lunches with neighbors.

What places are near Pacifica Senior Living Santa Clarita or within walking distance for assisted living residents to enjoy?

A local stroll to the 99 cents is always a favorite here with our residence. Wednesday lunch is always fun at the mall.

What transportation services does Pacifica Senior Living Santa Clarita offer to assisted living residents?

Our 15 passenger bus is available to assist in attending doctors appointments, local scenic drives, church on Sunday, shopping trips and excursions to casino's.

What makes the chef or dining program at Pacifica Senior Living Santa Clarita exceptional? What kind of menu can assisted living residents expect?

Food is the language of love here at Pacifica Santa Clarita, residents enjoy an entre ordered off the (Anytime Menu) We offer a variety of healthy selections in addition to a great Pacifica burger with all the fixings, fresh Angus beef and topped off with the brioche bun.

What safety features or security measures does Pacifica Senior Living Santa Clarita offer to assisted living residents?

Our secured perimeters and nightly checked doors close at 8:00 p.m.

How does Pacifica Senior Living Santa Clarita keep residents' families informed about their loved ones?

From the tiniest of emergencies to RSVP to a Sunday brunch, families are kept informed through phone calls, emails or Facebook posts. We telephone, email and post pictures of loved ones attending our activities and having fun. Check out our Facebook and see!

What is the care staff-to-resident ratio at Pacifica Senior Living Santa Clarita during daytime and nighttime hours?

*Assistant living is staffed according to need, we offer 24 hour round the clock call service.

If Pacifica Senior Living Santa Clarita accepts dogs or cats, what indoor/outdoor areas can they enjoy?

Residents are welcome to bring their furry loved ones and enjoy an outdoor stroll on the side path.

What ongoing senior care training does the staff receive?

Our caregivers are initially trained and attend on-going in services from local Healthcare Community professionals.

How many staffers are on duty in the daytime and overnight?

During the day, our staff includes a registered nurse, a med tech, three caregivers, an activities director, and other ancillary staff, such as kitchen, maintenance, and administration personnel. Our overnight staff is comprised of a med tech, two caregivers, and a registered nurse on-call.

What safety features or security measures does Pacifica Senior Living Santa Clarita provide to protect residents who wander?

Our building has delayed egress doors in our Legacies neighborhood. The buildings layout is conducive to those residents coming and going however a Wonder guard is offered to those resident to exit seek.

What programs or activities does Pacifica Senior Living Santa Clarita offer to keep residents engaged? How does the staff engage residents' long-term memories?

Pacifica Senior Living offers a robust activities program staffed by an activities director and an activities assistant. Group activities including, but limited to, exercise, gardening, movies, baking, putting golf, and singing are scheduled seven days a week from 9:30am through 6:00pm. Additionally, individual one-on-one activities, such as manicures and jewelry making, are ongoing throughout the day. Long-term memories are engaged through activities specific for long-term stimulation and reminiscing with memory books. Other activities include, but are not limited to, live music, dance groups, birthday parties, dance parties, ice cream parties, and holiday parties.

Each resident is assessed by the registered nurse every 90 days. After the resident has had his/her assessment, a care conference is scheduled with the family/Power of Attorney and resident to meet with the executive director, registered nurse, and activities director.

What techniques does Pacifica Senior Living Santa Clarita use to support memory care residents during mealtimes?

As Pacifica Senior Living practices individual person-centered care, techniques vary per resident and are meant to be independent appropriate. Techniques may include reminders, cueing, mechanically enhanced foods, hand-under-hand assistance, or a total assist with feeding.

How does Pacifica Senior Living Santa Clarita keep residents' families informed about their loved ones' health?

The Care Conference, scheduled every 90 days, is the most formal communication with families regarding a loved one’s health. However, Pacifica Senior Living maintains an up-to-date Facebook and distributes a monthly newsletter with a wealth of information regarding the community and its residents.

Describe the neighborhood around Pacifica Senior Living Santa Clarita. Is it located in a residential neighborhood, a business district, a rural setting, or other type of locale?

Pacifica Senior Living is situated in a small professional campus tucked inside a primarily residential neighborhood in a small town.

Costs for Pacifica Senior Living Santa Clarita

• Pets: Yes

• State Licenses: 197607592

• Get Costs

About Pacifica Senior Living Santa Clarita

Welcome to Pacifica Senior Living Santa Clarita, our beautiful, safe and friendly community of quality caregivers, well trained professionals, and most importantly, satisfied residents. Located in the greater Los Angeles Area, our community offers a full spectrum of assisted living and memory care services administered by a specifically trained, caring and experienced staff.

We are proud of the outstanding reputation that we've earned. It is a reputation built on strong values, a solid work ethic and the best care and outside medical services available. At Pacifica Senior Living Santa Clarita, you will enjoy retirement lifestyle provided in a stunning setting; a lifestyle rich with services, amenities and endless possibilities.

Map of Pacifica Senior Living Santa Clarita