Pacifica Senior Living Chino Hills

Reviews of Pacifica Senior Living Chino Hills

Assisted Living Reviews for Pacifica Senior Living Chino Hills

March 03, 2018

By HB1970

Promises, promises, and promises. My mother was there approximately 1 year at this facility. Too MANY promises were made to us when we toured the facility with Stacie. 1. We do weekly laundry. No you don't. Her comfortable was never washed as I found out 4 months after. 2. Daily activities always: Really? Every time we went to Legacies, they were ALWAYS watching TV. 3. At least 3-4 caregivers working per shift. Not really, cause most Sunday's there's was only 1 or 2 working at the time. Sometimes the med tech was there alone. I also didn't like the fact that all the "DIRECTORS" of the facility only work Monday to Friday. Someone of the "DIRECTORS" should be during the weekends as there were too many residents fighting and yelling and 1 caregiver (the med tech) was unable to handle it. Hopefully, by now you guys have fixed the leaky water hose valve that leaked for over 6 months by sidewalk near the trash binders. On the positive side, there were at least 5 caregivers out the 12 in Legacies, that really care and went up and beyond in making sure the residents were well taken care of. The others were there simply collecting a paycheck.

We'd like the opportunity to discuss your review, so if you're willing, please contact our Executive Director. We hope to hear from you to resolve this matter.

June 01, 2017

By toni-ayotte

My Father was in Pacifica Senior Living Chino Hills, It was the most kind, caring, thoughtful, loving environment. From the very first phone call, they were so helpful and made us feel they cared. They made an uncomfortable feeling of putting someone in a home to a wonderful one, for my father and our family

Thank you for your review, your opinion is very important to us. We are proud of our community and the exceptional level of care we provide. Your recommendation means so much to us and we're so happy to have earned it. Thank you again for taking the time to let the world know about your positive experience. Please feel free to contact with any and all questions, (909) 581-4889.

October 20, 2016

By Ada545844

Pacifica Senior Living Chino Hills is a very nice community, but it feels a bit tight, and we wanted something a little bit larger in the way of rooms and stuff like that if we're going to be there. That was the only downfall. Otherwise, they have very pleasant people, and they have very nice facilities overall. The 1-bedroom apartment was just too small, and they need to have larger 2-bedrooms if they expect couples to go there. It's wonderful and great for one person, but for 2 people, there's just not enough room.

Thank you for your review, your opinion is very important to us. We are sorry that our community did not meet your needs, and we hope that you find the community that is right for you. We appreciate your time and wish you well. Thank you again for your consideration. (909) 581-4889. Please let us know if there is anything else we can do for you; we are more than happy to help!

October 11, 2016

By Michael088687

We went to Pacifica (Pacifica Senior Living Chino Hills) in Chino. I really like the place. The only issue with this is that my in-laws would have been on the second floor, and the elevator was pretty far from their room. Other than that, the meals are included, there’s doctor’s appointments, and they have an onsite doctor. I felt like they had a good list of activities like going shopping, hobby lobby, and the casino. We were really happy with this place, but the only drawback was the distance from the room to the elevator. That’s the only drawback; otherwise, the place is great.

Thank you for leaving this detailed review about your experience with our community. We appreciate it! We are so pleased you enjoyed your visit to Pacifica Senior Living Chino Hills! We are sorry to hear that we were not the right fit and hope that you find the perfect community for you. Please feel free to reach out to us at any time if we can be helpful to you in the future.

July 01, 2016

By Shoppin2do

Pacifica seemed nice and the right fit. It's close to my home and just seemed like a clean and nice place. I only met the person who gave the tour, and she seemed knowledgeable and was able to provide the information that we're looking for.

Shoppin2do, thank you for taking the time to leave us your review. We thank you for your consideration and look forward to seeing you again. Did you know we have a Facebook page and post weekly pictures of our residents and their interesting activities? (The link to the Facebook page is on our website). Please feel free to reach out to us at the community at any time with any and all questions. 909 632.7070

June 28, 2016

By Mary572182

Pacifica Senior Living was my favorite. The staff was very knowledgeable, friendly, and followed up, but I just can’t afford it. They had a very nice companion room, which is kind of a shared room with a wall in-between the two beds.

Thank you for your positive 5 star review. We have done a comprehensive senior living study and found that our rates are right in line with the competitors. In fact, we found that we are a better value with more programs and options. We hope that you find the community that best fits your needs and you are happy in the community you choose. We thank you for your consideration! Please let us know if you can be of any help to you in the future. (909)632-7070

May 18, 2016

By ChristinaYLWPM

Pacifica Senior Living Chino Hills was nice. The staff was great, very knowledgeable, very accommodating, and answered all of my questions. They had a whole calendar of events. They even had menus for the different restaurants and the food that they offer. They do bingo, trips out to casinos, and different classes that you could take. They actually let us go into a couple of different residents' places, and the residents were really nice. They allowed us to look around, and it was very nice. The staff knew all of the details, and for every question we asked, she had the answer. That was really good.

Hi Christina, Thank you for your thoughtful and positive review! We appreciate you taking the time to leave us a review and we are so happy to hear all the wonderful things you said about us. Thank you!

May 10, 2016

By TracyJIENZ

At Pacifica Senior Living Chino Hills, the staff was really friendly. But I wasn’t as impressed with the memory care unit. It seemed dark and isolated and it didn’t smell good. I didn’t like the rooms. They have people sharing a one-bedroom apartment that didn’t live together. It was like unrelated family members splitting a one-bedroom apartment where one person got a bedroom and another person got the living room and then they shared the bathroom. They showed me the activities and they seemed pretty comparable to the other facility as far as what they offered. When I got there, it just happened to be lunchtime. Most of the people were eating so no one was involved in any activities, so I couldn’t see them in action. The dining room was depressing.

Tracy, thank you for leaving this detailed feedback about your experience with our community. We recently freshened up our dining room by adding new light fixtures, art work and repainted! We also made many other improvements to our community and would like to invite you back for a free tour to see how we have changed for the better. We look forward to hearing from you.

March 31, 2016

By Michael123066150

My dad is in Pacifica Senior Living Chino Hills. It is very clean. The staff is very friendly and very accommodating, and when my dad moved in, they made sure he felt comfortable. We are very happy with the facilities themselves and with the activities, too. They have three meals a day and take very good care of him, so we are very happy with what we have. I think the accommodations are perfect, and the staff goes above and beyond in making sure that my dad feels comfortable and a part of the community.

March 27, 2016

By caring family member4

We visited Pacifica for my parents. I met lot of the staff who were caring, young girls. It’s a very nice, clean, and tidy community. While I was there, they had two housekeepers who were vacuuming early in the morning. They were cleaning the floors before everybody was basically up and moving around. The activity director is an outstanding woman. She was putting up all of the activities on the bulletin board, which looked very nice. The food was very good. The rooms were a little small but nice and clean and smelled fresh.

Thanks for the feedback, Caring Family Member4. We strive to provide excellent care and service to our residents and their families at Pacifica Senior Living Chino Hills. We appreciate you taking the time to leave us a review! You really made our day.

December 21, 2015

By laddermom

My mom is living at Pacifica Chino Hills, and the community is very nice. It's very well furnished, and it doesn’t have odor or smell like most senior communities do. It's just very pleasant for the family to visit. We like the staff. My mother does not like the food there, and that is about the (only) complaint we have. But other than that, it is fine. Her apartment is very spacious. It's a one-bedroom with a large bath and a small kitchenette. The living room is large, which is good because she is in a wheelchair. They have a lot of activities, but my mother-in-law is blind, so she can't participate in a lot, but they try to accommodate her and make larger bingo cards for her so she could play bingo. They give us a calendar with all the activities, like holiday events. They include the family.

Thank you for your review.

August 30, 2015

By Trish8

It has really been great, he is adjusting well, and everybody is really kind, friendly, and helpful. I have seen some ice-cream social, and they play games; they have all kinds of things.

Hi, Thank you for posting your fantastic review for our Chino Hills community. We are so pleased that you and loved one are happy. We post weekly photos and updates on our Facebook page. Be sure to check it out!

August 11, 2015

I liked the area that Chancellor (Pacifica) is in, and it was a very nice place. It was comparable to the other place I went to, and it was clean. I thought it was very good.

Thank you very much for taking the time to leave us this positive review. We appreciate it & thank you for your review.

August 14, 2014

By Kristina4

Overall, I would rate Pacifica Chino Hills a four. The staff seemed very helpful. I thought the rooms were spacious and nice. The dining room was clean, nice, spacious, and organized. I liked that they were a smaller community.

Hi Kristina4, thank you for taking the time to leave a review for us at Pacifica Senior Living Chino Hills. We're happy we could meet your expectations!

June 12, 2013

By Jeanette6

We've also visited Pacifica for my mother-in-law. The staff seemed fine. The place and the dining room were nice and bright. The exercise room though was very small. I don't remember much about the rooms, and overall, the whole place did not leave any impression on me.

Jeanette6, we're disappointed to hear of the negative experience you had at our location.

Memory Care Reviews for Pacifica Senior Living Chino Hills

Questions about Pacifica Senior Living Chino Hills

What ongoing training does the staff receive in dementia care?

Dementia care training starts at orientation and continues throughout the staffs’ tenure. Onboarding includes 26 hours of Dementia and Assisted Living care training with 3 – 5 days of hands-on training. Ongoing training is comprised of computer-based learning (8 additional hours per year); hands-on live classroom training (4 hours per year); and monthly in-service events led by the registered nurse, executive director, or a third party vendor.

How many staffers are on duty in the daytime and overnight?

During the day, our staff includes a registered nurse, a med tech, three caregivers, an activities director, and other ancillary staff, such as kitchen, maintenance, and administration personnel. Our overnight staff is comprised of a med tech, two caregivers, and a registered nurse on-call.

What programs or activities does Pacifica Senior Living Chino Hills offer to keep residents engaged? How does the staff engage residents' long-term memories?

Pacifica Senior Living offers a robust activities program staffed by an activities director and an activities assistant. Group activities including, but limited to, exercise, gardening, movies, baking, putting golf, and singing are scheduled seven days a week from 9:30am through 6:00pm. Additionally, individual one-on-one activities, such as manicures and jewelry making, are ongoing throughout the day. Long-term memories are engaged through activities specific for long-term stimulation and reminiscing with memory books. Other activities include, but are not limited to, live music, dance groups, birthday parties, dance parties, ice cream parties, and holiday parties.

Each resident is assessed by the registered nurse every 90 days. After the resident has had his/her assessment, a care conference is scheduled with the family/Power of Attorney and resident to meet with the executive director, registered nurse, and activities director.

What techniques does Pacifica Senior Living Chino Hills use to support memory care residents during mealtimes?

As Pacifica Senior Living practices individual person-centered care, techniques vary per resident and are meant to be independent appropriate. Techniques may include reminders, cueing, mechanically enhanced foods, hand-under-hand assistance, or a total assist with feeding.

How does Pacifica Senior Living Chino Hills keep residents' families informed about their loved ones' health?

The Care Conference, scheduled every 90 days, is the most formal communication with families regarding a loved one’s health. However, Pacifica Senior Living maintains an up-to-date Facebook and distributes a monthly newsletter with a wealth of information regarding the community and its residents.

Is Pacifica Senior Living Chino Hills affiliated with a hospital if more care is needed?

Although Pacifica Senior Living does not have a corporate affiliation with a hospital, our community works closely with Willamette Valley Hospital located within 4 miles from our facility.

Costs for Pacifica Senior Living Chino Hills

• Pets: Yes

Types of care

• Walking Wheelchair Assistance

• About Pacifica Senior Living Chino Hills

Located in the greater Los Angeles Area, Pacifica Senior Living Chino Hills offers assisted living and full-service memory care programs, providing a warm, inviting and familiar environment for residents with Alzheimer's disease and other forms of dementia. Our community focuses on programs that help individuals with memory loss to thrive while managing the issues of dementia.

Our residential care community offers an atmosphere of home and comfort, reducing the feeling of loneliness and confusion. We understand how important this is to our residents and their loved ones. While providing the best in customized care for our residents, we also provide support and education for families, helping the entire family enhance their understanding and happiness.

Map of Pacifica Senior Living Chino Hills