7 Assisted Living Facilities near Green River, WY
There are 7 Assisted Living Facilities in the Green River area, with 3 in Green River and 4 nearby.
To help you with your search, browse the 1 review below for assisted living facilities in Green River. Better rated regions include Rock Springs with an average rating of 3.0 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Green River, call (855) 863-8283.
3 Assisted Living Facilities in Green River, WY
4 Assisted Living Facilities near Green River, WY
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Green River
For Green River seniors who need help with activities of daily living, there are three assisted living facilities located within city limits. Another four facilities are located in the nearby community of Rock Springs. The Office of Healthcare Licensing and Surveys, a division of the Wyoming Department of Health, regulates these facilities in Green River and throughout the state.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Green River
- Seniors in Green River may be pleased to learn that Wyoming was recently ranked one of the 10 most tax-friendly states for retirees by Kiplinger. The state has no income tax, so seniors who retire here can enjoy a low tax burden. At an average of 5.39%, state and local sales tax is also quite low.
STAR Transit provides a fixed-route bus service in Sweetwater County. It operates several senior-specific routes, so seniors can easily reach senior centers and shopping centers. A paratransit service is also available, and it provides door-to-door service by appointment only.
- In Green River, the overall cost of living is 7.3% higher than the national average. This is driven by higher-than-average housing and healthcare costs. The former costs 19.4% more than the national average, while the latter is 33.7% more expensive. With these high costs, seniors may have less room in their assisted living budgets.
- Green River is much sunnier than average. The city gets 235 sunny days per year, on average, while the U.S. average is only 205 days. For seniors who live here, this translates to an extra month of sunshine.
- Green River has few facilities from which to choose in the event of a medical emergency or illness, with the nearest major hospital located in Rock Springs.
- Seniors who enjoy spending time outdoors may enjoy Green River’s attractions. For hiking, fishing and wildlife viewing, seniors can visit the Seedskadee National Wildlife Refuge. At the 7.1-acre Expedition Island Park, they can walk, picnic or kayak. Another local attraction is the Sweetwater County Historical Museum, which has several thousand southwestern Wyoming artifacts in its collection.
Note: Data reported on this page was updated in 2019 and based on the latest 2018 figures.
Paying for Assisted Living in Green River
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Wyoming
Assisted Living costs in Green River start around $0 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Green River and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Green River
Seniors who require assistance with the cost of assisted living in Green River may be eligible for Wyoming’s Community Choices waiver. It pays for the care low-income seniors receive in assisted living facilities. Room-and-board costs are the senior’s responsibility.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Wyoming page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Wyoming page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Green River
Green River and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Green River, please visit our Assisted Living in Wyoming page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Green River
Green River-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Wyoming are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Wyoming page for more information about these laws.