5 Assisted Living Facilities in Rock Springs, WY
The average cost of assisted living in Rock Springs is $3,600 per month. This is higher than the national median of $3,400.
To help you with your search, browse the 3 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Rock Springs. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Rock Springs 3.0 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Rock Springs, call (855) 863-8283.
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Rock Springs
Rock Springs is a small city in Wyoming that's famous for the White Mountain Petroglyphs and the Flaming Gorge. It's a quintessential Western town that's home to 23,000 inhabitants, of whom 9.3% are seniors 65 or over. To accommodate those in this age range in need of help with daily tasks, there are five assisted living facilities in Rock Springs. Nearby are residences in Green River, Lander and Evanston.
Rock Springs assisted living facilities, as in the rest of Wyoming, are overseen by the Wyoming Department of Health. They provide 24-hour personal care and a range of other facilities as required by state regulations.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Rock Springs
- Wyoming has no state income tax, so seniors in Rock Springs keep their retirement income, including Social Security retirement benefits. Property taxes and sales taxes in the Cowboy State are very low.
- The Rock Springs area is home to world-class medical facilities, including Memorial Hospital, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- Housing costs in Rock Springs are 20% higher than the U.S. norm and drive the city's cost of living at 105, which is on par with the state average. Seniors moving here from other states may find healthcare quite expensive at 30% above the national average and on par with the rest of the state.
- Rock Springs' violent crime rate is 24.5, just over the U.S. norm of 22.7, while the property crime rate of 33.4 is two points lower than the national average. Despite the average crime rates here, seniors may want to ensure the assisted living facilities they tour have the appropriate security protocols to keep residents safe.
- The temperature range in Rock Springs is 10-86 degrees. While the city only receives 9 inches of rain annually, 41 inches of snow falls here each year, which is 13 inches higher than the national average. This may prove challenging for seniors who use walkers or wheelchairs to get around.
- The air quality in Rock Springs is 10 points higher than the U.S. norm of 58. This could be good news for seniors with a respiratory ailment like COPD or asthma.
Note: Data reported on this page was updated in 2019 and based on the latest 2018 figures.
Paying for Assisted Living in Rock Springs
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Wyoming
Assisted Living costs in Rock Springs start around $3,600 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Rock Springs and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Rock Springs
Seniors in Rock Springs and the rest of Wyoming can seek financial assistance for assisted living via a Home and Community-Based Services Medicaid waiver.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Wyoming page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Wyoming page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Rock Springs
Rock Springs and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Rock Springs, please visit our Assisted Living in Wyoming page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Rock Springs
Rock Springs-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Wyoming are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Wyoming page for more information about these laws.
Other Options in Rock Springs, WY
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Rock Springs
Review of Sage View Care Center
Very poor leadership, and administration. The staff (nurses and cna) are good however they are fighting a losing battle with the higher ups acting like teenagers instead of tending to the residents. Read more
Review of Sage View Care Center
My mom is in Deseret. She shares a room with another person, and she’s in the Alzheimer’s unit. I think they’re short staffed although they are very good. Read more
Review of Deer Trail Assisted Living
Things have worked out fine and are going very well. This is the only facility in Rock Springs. There were private homes, but this is the only facility. My sister's been here for almost two months ... Read more