3 Assisted Living Facilities near Viborg, SD
Also serving communities of Centerville, Wakonda, Lennox, Parker, Marion.
There are 3 Assisted Living Facilities in the Viborg area, with 2 in Viborg and 1 nearby.
To help you with your search, browse the 1 review below for assisted living facilities in Viborg. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Viborg 4.0 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Yankton with an average rating of 4.7 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Viborg, call (855) 863-8283.
2 Assisted Living Facilities in Viborg, SD
Assisted Living in Viborg, SD
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Viborg
Viborg is perfect for seniors who like living in rural areas, while still having access to all the attractions of a larger city. Named after an ancient city in Denmark, the city's population is approximately 842, 30% of whom are seniors aged 65 and over. In order to accommodate its senior community, there are two assisted living facilities within city limits that offer assistance with activities of daily living. These facilities, as well as all other assisted living facilities in the state, are regulated by the South Dakota Department of Health.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Viborg
- The Viborg area is home to world-class medical facilities, including Pioneer Memorial Hospital & Health Services, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- The crime rate in Viborg is extremely low, making it an ideal place for seniors to reside. Property crimes scored 21.5 points lower than the state average and violent crimes scored 15.7 points lower.
- Winters in Viborg are extremely cold. Temperatures can average as low as 8 degrees, and the city receives about 33 inches of snowfall every year.
- The cost of living in Viborg is 22.5% lower than the national average, which is great for seniors and their families who need to budget for assisted living costs.
- South Dakota is one of the most tax-friendly states for seniors. There is no state income tax, which means there is no tax on Social Security or any other forms of retirement income, which may leave more money in the assisted living budgets for Viborg seniors.
- The city of Viborg has plenty of art and culture for its seniors to enjoy. Some of the assisted living facilities in the area may even offer excursions to area sites, such as the Danville Heritage Museum.
Note: Data reported on this page was updated in 2019 and based on the latest 2018 figures.
Paying for Assisted Living in Viborg
Assisted Living Costs in Viborg
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Viborg
The South Dakota Department of Human Services offers the Home and Community-Based Options and Person Centered Excellence (HOPE) Waiver to seniors who need assistance paying for services received in assisted living. In order to qualify, applicants must be at least 65 years old and meet income limits.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Viborg
Free Assisted Living Resources in Viborg
Assisted Living Communities in Viborg
Caring Star Winners in Viborg Area
The 10 Best Assisted Living Communities in Viborg Area
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Viborg
Review of Evergreen Assisted Living Center
The place was very nice and the staff was very helpful with everything. The residents were able to leave and go plus even have pets. The only thing I did not like was there were no outside sitting ... Read more