4 Assisted Living Facilities near Sauk Centre, MN
There are 4 Assisted Living Facilities in the Sauk Centre area, with 2 in Sauk Centre and 2 nearby.
To help you with your search, browse the 1 review below for assisted living facilities in Sauk Centre. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Sauk Centre 4.0 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Alexandria with an average rating of 4.8 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Sauk Centre, call (855) 863-8283.
2 Assisted Living Facilities in Sauk Centre, MN
2 Assisted Living Facilities near Sauk Centre, MN
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Sauk Centre
Sauk Centre is located in Stearns County, Minnesota. This city was the inspiration behind Nobel Prize-winning author Sinclair Lewis' famous novel, Main Street. Seniors may find the city inspiring as well. For those that desire an extended period of time in Sauk Centre, there are eight assisted living facilities to choose from. Two of these are located in Sauk Centre proper, and the other six are located within a short driving distance. In Minnesota, assisted living facilities are overseen by the Minnesota Department of Health, which makes sure that residents are treated properly and respectfully.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Sauk Centre
- The cost of living in Sauk Centre is 9 percent lower than the average in Minnesota and seven percent lower than the nation as a whole. This means that seniors may find everyday goods and services more affordable than in other cities.
- The crime rate in Sauk Centre is 31 percent lower than the national average. This statistic may help seniors to feel safer and more secure in their residence, as they have a much lower chance of being a victim of either a violent or property crime.
- The Sauk Centre area is home to world-class medical facilities, including the CentraCare Health – Sauk Centre, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- The weather in Sauk Centre is not ideal for seniors who enjoy spending time outdoors. While the average summer temperature stays below 90 degrees Fahrenheit, winter lasts for a long time and can be very cold, with highs in the low 20s range. Many months also see high amounts of precipitation - the average rain amount for October is over 11 inches.
- The air quality in Sauk Centre is 33 percent better than the national median. This means that Sauk Centre is a place in which seniors with respiratory conditions can breathe easier, as there are fewer pollutants and other irritants in the air.
- There are many accessible transportation options open to seniors in Sauk Centre. Sauk Centre Transit Services offers curb to curb service for seniors and other city residents, and pickups are available by appointment.
Paying for Assisted Living in Sauk Centre
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Minnesota
Assisted Living costs in Sauk Centre start around $0 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Sauk Centre and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Sauk Centre
Eligible seniors can apply for financial assistance for assisted living in Minnesota via programs like Minnesota Medicaid's Elderly Waiver. This waiver provides monetary assistance for elderly care and assisted living costs. Seniors may also receive assistance from state programs such as the Minnesota Consumer Support Grant (CSG).
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Minnesota page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Minnesota page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Sauk Centre
Sauk Centre and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Sauk Centre, please visit our Assisted Living in Minnesota page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Sauk Centre
Sauk Centre-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Minnesota are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Minnesota page for more information about these laws.
Other Options in Sauk Centre, MN
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Sauk Centre
Review of Fairway Pines
Even though I only visited 3 or 4 times Fairway Pines seemed like a top notch facility. My Grandmother was born and raised in Sauk Centre and wanted to be able to stay in the town that she knew an... Read more