6 Assisted Living Facilities near Gladstone, MI
There are 6 Assisted Living Facilities in the Gladstone area, with 4 in Gladstone and 2 nearby.
To help you with your search, browse the 6 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Gladstone. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Gladstone 4.5 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Gladstone, call (855) 863-8283.
4 Assisted Living Facilities in Gladstone, MI
2 Assisted Living Facilities near Gladstone, MI
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Gladstone
Seniors looking to enjoy a day outdoors can head to the Days River Pathway Trails or Gladstone Golf Club, both of which offer spectacular views and fun. Those 65 or older make up 21% of the town population of nearly 5,000 people, and there are four assisted living facilities in town to support those in that age group needing help with the tasks of daily living.
In Gladstone and throughout Michigan, the Department of Human Services oversees homes for the aged, as assisted living facilities are known in Michigan.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Gladstone
- Seniors in Gladstone and the rest of Michigan receive senior-friendly tax exemptions. Michigan doesn't collect taxes on Social Security income, and withdrawals from IRAs, 401(k)s and pensions are only partially taxed.
- Gladstone has no facilities from which to choose in the event of a medical emergency or illness, with the nearest major hospital located in Escanaba.
- Gladstone has a violent crime rate of 10.2, about half the U.S. average of 22.7, and its property crime rate is 26.2, nine points lower than the national median. This may help seniors feel more confident and safe while running errands or going to appointments in town.
- With a July high of 77 degrees, Gladstone has moderate summers that may appeal to seniors who love the outdoors. However, January lows hit 9 degrees, and the town receives 52 inches of snow a year, so seniors should ask prospective assisted living facilities what activities are available to residents in colder months.
- The EPA rates the air quality in Gladstone at 86, which is much higher than the national average of 58. This may be great news for seniors with respiratory ailments looking for cleaner air. At 67, the town's water quality is higher than the national average of 55.
- The cost of living in Gladstone is 83.3, nearly 17% lower than the national and 13% lower than the state averages. This is driven by housing costs, which are 30% lower than Michigan's average and less than half the national median. Families of seniors moving to the area to be near relatives in assisted living may also have lower transportation and grocery costs.
Note: Data reported on this page was updated in 2019 and based on the latest 2018 figures.
Paying for Assisted Living in Gladstone
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Michigan
Assisted Living costs in Gladstone start around $0 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Gladstone and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Gladstone
Seniors in Gladstone and across the state can apply for Michigan Choice Medicaid Waiver, which assists those who required nursing home care, a home for the aged or adult foster care.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Michigan page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Michigan page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Gladstone
Gladstone and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Gladstone, please visit our Assisted Living in Michigan page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Gladstone
Gladstone-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Michigan are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Michigan page for more information about these laws.
Other Options in Gladstone, MI
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Gladstone
Review of MURRAYS COUNTRY VIEW
Had to find care for my mother-in-law, thank God for Pine Haven. They had a room when we needed it, their staff is attentive and friendly towards residents and visitors, the food for residents is w... Read more
Review of MURRAYS COUNTRY VIEW
My father was in Pine Haven HFA and they took wonderful care of him. He had Alzheimer's and they were so kind and patient with him. Read more
Review of Sunny View
The place was run by a couple and a few other workers. I liked that it was connected to their house. They had a nice yard and each adult had their own room. There was only one bathroom, which was s... Read more