2 Assisted Living Facilities in Frankfort, MI
Also serving communities of Manistee.
To help you with your search, browse the 3 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Frankfort. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Frankfort 3.0 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Traverse City with an average rating of 4.6 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Frankfort, call (855) 863-8283.
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Frankfort
Frankfort is a coastal community of sand dunes and glowing red sunsets over the water in Michigan's Benzie County. Home to nearly 18,000 people, roughly 26% of Frankfort's citizens are seniors aged 65 and over. Seniors in Frankfort have their choice of any of the town's 16 assisted living facilities. Residents in these assisted living facilities have daily assistance with personal care, meal preparation and sometimes transportation to and from medical appointments. Michigan does not require licensing for all of its senior care communities, though long-term care facilities for seniors are regulated through the Michigan Department of Human Services.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Frankfort
- The weather in Frankfort is mild in summer and sometimes cold in winter. August highs in Frankfort average 77 degrees, while December lows average just 18. Frankfort gets about 35 inches of rain each year, while seniors can enjoy outdoor winter activities on a blanket of 102 inches of snow.
- The cost of living in Frankfort is close to the national average for most cost categories. Most expenses in Frankfort average about 3% less than national costs for housing and other expenses. Seniors in Frankfort pay up to 14% less than the national average for healthcare.
- Crime rates in Frankfort are not far off from the typical rates in cities Frankfort's size across the nation. Seniors in Frankfort live in a community with about 5% lower overall crime rates, though most of this is nonviolent property crimes, such as theft. Violent crimes are significantly less common in Frankfort than they are nationwide.
- Public transportation in the areas surrounding Frankfort is largely in the hands of Benzie Bus, which schedules rides throughout northwestern Michigan. All Benzie County seniors aged 60 and over ride Benzie Bus at a discount, and rides operate six days a week, starting at 5 a.m.
- The Frankfort area is home to world-class medical facilities, including Paul Oliver Memorial Hospital, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- Frankfort has an array of community resources for seniors, including the Benzie Area Christian Neighbors, an organization that provides seniors with food and clothing assistance on both a continuing and emergency basis, as well as more than two senior centers.
Note: Data reported on this page was updated in 2019 and based on the latest 2018 figures.
Paying for Assisted Living in Frankfort
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Michigan
Assisted Living costs in Frankfort start around $0 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Frankfort and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Frankfort
Seniors in Frankfort who need help with their expenses may be able to apply for help through the Supplemental Security Income (SSI) program, which Michigan supplements with additional funds for recipients. Participation in SSI automatically qualifies seniors in Frankfort for Medicaid.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Michigan page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Michigan page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Frankfort
Frankfort and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Frankfort, please visit our Assisted Living in Michigan page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Frankfort
Frankfort-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Michigan are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Michigan page for more information about these laws.
Assisted Living near Frankfort, MI
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Frankfort
Review of Frankfort Senior Care
Clean and well maintained facility. Placed both of my parents there and they were able to be together in the same room. My father passed away a year after moving there and my mother is still there.... Read more
Review of Frankfort Pines
I am pleased to have an opportunity to comment on the care my sister received while living at the Pines. While none of us look forward to not being able to live in our own homes She certainly had g... Read more
Review of Frankfort Senior Care
Mom was at Frankfort but there was very little personal care. Usually there were only two people on staff and they had to do all the cooking, cleaning, and laundry in addition to taking care of the... Read more