2 Assisted Living Facilities in Benton, KY
Also serving communities of Mayfield, Kuttawa.
To help you with your search, browse the 3 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Benton. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Benton 4.3 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Murray with an average rating of 4.5 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Benton, call (855) 863-8283.
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Benton
Benton is a small town in the Kentucky Lake Area and has all the benefits of small town living, including a relaxed lifestyle and close neighbors. Some of the town's traditions have been ongoing since its founding in 1842, including Tater Day, a trade day that is the oldest, continuously celebrated day of its kind in the nation.
The town is home to around 4,300 people, and more than 21% of the population is aged 65 and over. There are two assisted living facilities catering to seniors in the town, and these are certified by Kentucky's Department of Aging and Independent Living.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Benton
- The Benton area is home to world-class medical facilities, including Marshall County Hospital, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- Sperling rates Benton's overall cost of living at 79.7, more than 20 points lower than the national average. Although the cost of healthcare is closer to the national median, seniors can save money on groceries and transportation, leaving more money for assisted living.
- Benton has an overall crime rate of 34 crimes per 1,000 residents, which is higher than 88% of Kentucky's other towns and cities. The violent crime rate is 0.44, below the state rate of 2.26, but the property crime rate of 33.34 is 12 points higher than the Kentucky rate. This may be concerning for safety-conscious seniors.
- Seniors interested in arts and culture may wish to get involved with the Marshall County Arts Commission, which hosts art shows and performances throughout the year. It is also close to art galleries in nearby communities, including the National Quilt Museum in Paducah.
- Social Security is exempt from state income tax in Kentucky and a deduction is available for other forms of retirement income. However, local taxes of 2% are payable on income from retirement accounts. Sales taxes in the state are relatively low and do not apply to some everyday expenses, including most types of groceries and prescription medicines.
- Winters in Benton are relatively mild. Although the average low temperature in January is 28 degrees, the city only gets 7 inches of snow each year, 19 inches fewer than the national average. There are 195 sunny days each year, 10 less than the U.S. average, which allows seniors plenty of opportunities to enjoy the outdoors.
Note: Data reported on this page was updated in 2019 and based on the latest 2018 figures.
Paying for Assisted Living in Benton
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Kentucky
Assisted Living costs in Benton start around $0 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Benton and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Benton
Financial assistance is not available to Benton seniors living in assisted living facilities, but people receiving Social Security Income may be able to use those funds to help offset their assisted living costs.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Kentucky page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Kentucky page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Benton
Benton and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Benton, please visit our Assisted Living in Kentucky page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Benton
Benton-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Kentucky are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Kentucky page for more information about these laws.
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Benton
Review of Stilley House Assisted Living
I want to tell you amazing the Stilley House is! They are above and beyond the best assisted living I have ever been to. We moved my mother in last June. The staff is excellent, the community is ... Read more
Review of Stilley House Assisted Living
Stilley House is clean, nice, and nicely decorated. The staff is very friendly. The building is very large, and they have 80 beds right now. That's my only complaint because there's no small scale ... Read more
Review of Ashby Assisted Living
My parents have been in Ashby Place for two months now. Everything has been good, and I can see that the good that they doing to my parents as far as their health. They have three meals a day. They... Read more