2 Assisted Living Facilities in Webster City, IA
Also serving communities of Clarion, Belmond, Belmond.
The average cost of assisted living in Webster City is $2,995 per month. This is lower than the national median of $3,400.
To help you with your search, browse the 2 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Webster City. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Webster City 5.0 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Webster City, call (855) 863-8283.
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Webster City
Webster City, the county seat of Hamilton County, Iowa, is a scenic community along the Boone River. With an abundance of parks and walking trails, it offers leisurely outdoor attractions that seniors may find appealing. Two assisted living facilities in the city are available for seniors. These are officially known as Assisted Living Programs and are licensed by the state’s Health Facilities Division of the Department of Inspections and Appeals.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Webster City
- Residents of Webster City can enjoy the transportation services offered by Hamilton Rides, popularly known as HARIDES. This is a demand-response transportation system operating in Hamilton County. Its vehicles are all ADA-accessible, and fare discounts are granted to seniors.
- Webster City has an array of community resources for seniors, including the Central Iowa Retired and Senior Volunteer Program, an organization that offers residents 55 and above opportunities to participate in volunteer assignments to contribute to the community. Volunteer assignments may include reading buddies, fitness leaders and nursing home buddies.
- Iowa does not deduct taxes from Social Security income. Withdrawals from retirement accounts and public and private pension income are partially taxed. This tax policy offers Charles City seniors moderate savings on their retirement income.
- The Webster City area is home to world-class medical facilities, including the Van Diest Medical Center, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- Winter months in Webster City have a low annual average temperature of 8 degrees. This is nearly 15 degrees lower than the national low average of 22.6 degrees and may be intolerable for some seniors. The city’s comfort index is listed at 28 out of 100 and is well below the U.S. index of 54. Seniors can take advantage of the 200 average sunny days per year for their outdoor activities.
- With an overall cost of living of 80.3 compared to the national average of 100, Webster City is a relatively more affordable location. However, healthcare maintenance is more costly with the city’s health index listing of 122, which is 22 percent higher than the national average.
Paying for Assisted Living in Webster City
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Iowa
Assisted Living costs in Webster City start around $2,995 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Webster City and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Webster City
The Iowa Department of Human Services administers the Medicaid Home and Community Based Services Elderly Waiver program. Eligible Charles City seniors are granted individualized comprehensive plans that are designed by an interdisciplinary team. The individualized plans may includ assistive devices, consumer-directed attendant care and other services that are provided in integrated community-based settings.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Iowa page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Iowa page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Webster City
Webster City and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Webster City, please visit our Assisted Living in Iowa page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Webster City
Webster City-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Iowa are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Iowa page for more information about these laws.
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Webster City
Review of Windsor Manor Webster City
I chose Windsor Manor. It outbeat everything I looked at from the staff to the residents; it was top of the line. Not only were the residents happy, but the staff was happy. It was very well organi... Read more
Review of Windsor Manor Webster City
Windsor Manor was a gorgeous place. Sadly, the facility was too expensive for us. The manager was really helpful. The rooms were very modern and upscale. Read more