St. Martin's In the Pines

Reviews of St. Martin's In the Pines

Assisted Living Reviews for St. Martin's In the Pines

February 22, 2016

By Lovely Visitor

St. Martins in the Pines was nice but not as top notch as the other facility I visited. They offer little cottages not necessarily all in one building. It was clean, and the rooms seemed to be well maintained, but I don’t think the rooms were bigger than my room now.

December 28, 2015

By Visitor35

St. Martin's is a good facility. The rooms are nice, and the staff is very good.

September 22, 2014

We chose St. Martin's In the Pines for my mother because of their activities and the price. The room is fine. It is a brand new room; they have just remodeled it. I think their dining area is bright. They have a lot of different games. They have different entertainers come in and perform. They go to shopping sprees like the Wal-Mart.

November 20, 2012

By 045

The first thing you notice with any facility is the smell, especially an assisted living facility. St. Martin's in the Pines was just warm and did not give me the essence of an assisted living facility. The staff was on target, professional and new their clients. The front entrance was very well maintained and well with inside. I did not get the feeling that I was visiting a hospital. I felt that I was visiting a well kept home with just many great centurians, which she was almost. There is always this feeling of not wanting to be at one, but this is one that I would.

October 20, 2011

By Mary5

First, the facilities are very attractive, both inside and out. The apartments are generously sized and intelligently planned, with great amenities, including balconies and patios. Common areas are inviting, clean and have interesting attractions, such as the finch exhibits. The dining room was more like a fine restaurant but inviting and friendly at the same time. What distinguishes this facility, at least to my way of thinking, are the grounds and the staff. This is the only place of several I went with my mother that explained the details so completely and gave helpful general advice. The grounds are quiet and have a private feel although the facility is in a conveniently located near retail and entertainment. What really got my attention - the raised bed gardens! Residents may have their own "garden" for roses, flowers or vegetables. The heavy lifting is done by staff. It's a great place for residents to interact, be active and enjoy the outdoors. Since Mom and I both find gardening highly therapeutic, we felt this was a most important asset.

Nursing Home Reviews for St. Martin's In the Pines

January 28, 2012

By Nursing Home Review

St Martins has the newest nursing home in town. Their model is so different than most you see, The call it The Cottages, they ahve 2 three story buildings and each floor is a house for 10 residents. The food is even cooked there for the 10 seniors, they dont use those ugly hospital trays. This is the way nursing home care should be!

June 05, 2011

By 1812 Overture

Friend or relative of resident

When it comes to St.Martin's of the pines I wish I could rate it 0 stars. My uncle had resided there for 3 months while battling lung cancer. I do have to say it looked nice, but that nice look covers up there poor service. When it comes to the nurses I dont know if they forged their nursing certificates or what. It seemed like theyjust didnt care at all. The young nurses were more interested in chatting then helping people. My uncle was in bed rest, and he was having trouble breathin we had pushed the nurse button and for 35 minutes nobody came. When we were searching for nurses nobody knew who the nurse was, and nobody helped. We were panicked our family member was sitting there turning blue and the other nurses nor us could figure out who was suppose to be there to help. If nobody else can see a problem with this they must be heartless. When we finally did find the nurse they acted as if there was nothing wrong with the fact that it took close to an hour for somebody to access the problem. Then the other nurses found our situation to be funny. All I have to say is I traveled to see my uncle from Indiana to Alabama, and I almost went to jail because of this incident. I hope that when I get older my kids will decide to do something else then put me in a place like that. Soon after my uncle had passed away, but it is a shame that he had to suffer in a place like that.

Continuing Care Retirement Community Reviews for St. Martin's In the Pines

Services and Amenities of St. Martin's In the Pines

About St. Martin's In the Pines

St. Martin's In the Pines is a senior living provider in Birmingham, Alabama that offers residents Assisted Living, Nursing Homes, and Continuing Care Communities. Contact St. Martin's In the Pines for more details on services and rates.

Map of St. Martin's In the Pines