The Heritage at Lowman Chapin, SC

Offers Assisted Living, Independent Living, Nursing Homes, Continuing Care Communities, and Memory Care

2101 Dutch Fork Road, Chapin, SC 29036
The Heritage at Lowman (800) 385-2527

Reviews of The Heritage at Lowman

Assisted Living Reviews for The Heritage at Lowman

September 30, 2014

By Frank30

We visited the Lowman home, but you need to buy a unit and that was really expensive. You could go from independent living to assisted living to nursing care. They do all the up-keep on there. They were not close together, and if you live in one of the homes like that instead of the main building, you could be mobile. We liked the person that we met and she showed us around. We looked at the outbound homes and we did tour a little bit of the facility. They have a swimming pool and activity rooms. The homes were older, but they were adequate -- two bedrooms, two baths and a patio; they were nice. There were people doing exercises in the swimming pool, guest, and card rooms. I don’t remember a lot about it because we didn’t like it; we didn’t feel that the homes were in a community because it was very spread out. The main building with assisted living was more secured.

Independent Living Reviews for The Heritage at Lowman

Nursing Home Reviews for The Heritage at Lowman

September 30, 2011

By raven31

While I was a caregiver for my mother-in-law, her declining heath required a short-term stay at the Lowman Home. As a part of the family, I expected the highest quality treatment of her by the staff. Upon arrival, I was impressed by the landscape, which included walking areas, a pond, and comfortable benches. The interior of the facility was also quite inviting and had a home-style feel. Not only does the facility offer traditional caretaking, but they also offer plenty of recreational activities designed to improve physical and mental well-being. The patient rooms were nice as well, each with a large window for viewing the landscape. In addition, the staff was very attentive and friendly. Upon each visit, there was always a nurse or other staff member within visible distance. In summary, I was impressed with the facility as well as the care received. I would recommend the Lowman Home for both long-term and short-term stays.

June 23, 2011

By WaveBox

About 10 years ago I had to put my father into an assisted living center. He quickly went from assisted living to a nursing home and passed away quickly. So, when a friend asked me to stop in and see her elderly mother when she moved into an assisted living facility, I was reluctant, but went anyway. Much to my suprise I saw men and women who were pretty active. When I arrived they were all doing the hokey pokey! This wasn't anything like what went on where my father was years ago. Before I knew what happened, I was doing the hokey pokey too. After asking many questions I found out that they employ somebody to have fun activities for the residents. They go to the grocery store, and the mall, and to doctor appointments. It's all very well orchastrated. I was VERY impressed.

Questions about The Heritage at Lowman

What programs or activities does The Heritage at Lowman offer to enrich residents' well-being?

Each month, all residents are given an activity calendar full of a variety of activities from shopping trips, exercise classes, bible studies, and game nights among other activities.

What transportation services does The Heritage at Lowman offer to assisted living residents?

The Heritage at Lowman has a full-time transportation specialist who is able to transport residents to locally scheduled doctors' appointments, and then help return them to campus afterwards.

What safety features or security measures does The Heritage at Lowman offer to assisted living residents?

The Heritage at Lowman has round-the-clock security in the form of our on-site first responder.

What is the care staff-to-resident ratio at The Heritage at Lowman during daytime and nighttime hours?

The Heritage at Lowman meets all state and federal guidelines for staff-to-resident ratios in our various buildings.

If The Heritage at Lowman accepts dogs or cats, what indoor/outdoor areas can they enjoy?

Our Independent Living residents are able to bring their pets with them to campus with a pet deposit, however, we do not permit permanent residency of pets in assisted living or skilled nursing. Pets that are up-to-date on their vaccinations are welcome to visit however.

Describe the overall population of independent living residents at The Heritage at Lowman. What is their average age? What are their favorite things to do?

We have over 100 Independent Living residents with a variety of interests! The average age is roughly between 75-80. Many of our residents travel throughout the country and the world. We have several bridge players and golf players. Many of our residents utilize our fitness center and indoor pool as well.

Costs for The Heritage at Lowman

Photos of The Heritage at Lowman

Services and Amenities of The Heritage at Lowman

• Companion Suites: We Do Offer Companion Suites

• Occupational Therapy

• State Licenses: CRC-0840

About The Heritage at Lowman

Meander down beautiful walking paths around centuries-old trees and lush green spaces. Among the 200 acres and stunning pond sits the Heritage at Lowman, a non-profit ministry aimed at providing older adults an independent and supportive community that cares for them throughout the aging process.

As a CCRC, Continuing Care Retirement Community, the Heritage at Lowman offers residents retirement options that fit their needs and lifestyle such as independent living, assisted the living, memory support, rehabilitation, long-term care, BeWell Home Services, BeWell@Home, and Lutheran Hospice.

Independent Living

Maintain your freedom and independence while adding more variety in your life. The Heritage at Lowman's independent living residents can engage their minds, bodies, and souls with numerous activities, services, and amenities right on campus. We welcome you to take a closer look at the fun, free lifestyle awaiting you at the Heritage at Lowman.

Assisted Living and Memory Care

Exuding our long history of providing excellent care to senior adults, our healthcare community offers many levels of compassionate care and services such as memory support and rehabilitation as needed.

Residents throughout our continuum can take advantage of our spacious living room, dedicated wellness and exercise room, gift shop, and several multi-purpose spaces which house numerous concerts, performances, and lectures throughout the year.

For those who have always imagined retiring in the comfort of their own home, our BeWell@Home Program brings the assurance of a continuum of care right in your own residence from light assistance to our Lutheran Hospice Program which offers exceptional end-of-life support and care.

Our team of exceptionally trained, compassionate healthcare providers insures superior care within a warm, inviting atmosphere for all of our residents.

Map of The Heritage at Lowman