The Watermark at Bellingham

Reviews of The Watermark at Bellingham

Assisted Living Reviews for The Watermark at Bellingham

January 29, 2016

By Louise25

I liked it and the people were really nice. I was looking for a place that had facilities for extracurricular stuff, and this place was good. I also liked the idea that you could have a congregated meal or you could just stir up a little something in your room for breakfast or a snack. The apartment seemed nice. It was spacious enough, and I could visualize my furniture and stuff in there. There were other things that I would look forward to. I had to go to an orientation, and there was good sunlight coming in. One problem I had was I wanted to be near my daughter and granddaughter so they could visit, but it was a little too far for that. I kind of would have sacrificed that because it otherwise met all of my requirements, and I would have been glad to move in there.

December 21, 2015

By LD4

My wife and I visited. The place was nice and acceptable. It was very clean and the rooms were nice. The place has one large area where the residents socialize. They seemed to be enjoying themselves and communicating with each other. I also saw that the food looked fine. It was indeed a pleasurable experience.

August 15, 2015

By Jill and Lida

My mother has lived at the Bellingham for over three years. She started in independent living. The residents reached out to each other and provided nice support. I think my mother liked the dining hall and the system they have to encourage residents to make friends and sit together. She especially liked the informal dining area with a gas fireplace. The facility is always clean and the staff is friendly. Eventually my mother needed memory care. The transition was easy and I feel she is very safe and comfortable. I get the impression that the friends and family members of the residents at the Bellingham are very involved. That is the key to a successful senior living experience.

August 13, 2015

By Margaret111405750

The rooms are such a nice size, and they’re bright, cheery, and very clean. Everybody is so friendly, both the staff, and the other residents; they make you feel welcome. They have a nice dining room, they serve you, and the food is good. They have bingo, trivia sessions, and bowling. They have their own jitney, and it takes you to the supermarket like K-Mart. For the Catholics, it takes you to mass on Sunday. I feel right at home because it’s so comfortable.

May 24, 2015

It was very nice. Their accommodations were not quite as large as the other facility we went to, but they were good. They had a pool, and they provided transportation. We saw their dining room and had a snack. It was good. The dining room was very nice and large. It was a large modern community with a beautiful setting. There were trees and grass around it. It was a very lovely place, and it was clean.

January 06, 2015

Bellingham is a good facility, and they have a nursing home. I was there for lunch, and the food was good.

August 09, 2014

By Frankburns

We toured the community and loved it. Everyone just seemed so happy. The woman at the front desk greeted us when we entered. It felt like a place that my mom could call home. I loved the history of the farmhouse and the grounds. I love the fact that there are multiple levels of care so that we will not have to move my mom if her needs change. I would recommend anyone to come and visit this place in you are looking for a place for their parents.

January 29, 2014

By Pat46

The girl who toured me around seemed very nice. I like the facility because the apartments are of good size. I was able to see their two and one bedroom apartment. I also like that it has a balcony in it. The building itself seemed to be very nice. We walked around the facility and it seemed like they have a nice little garden area.

May 15, 2012

By Cody Joe

I went to visit my grandmother at this community which is situated in a rural setting among farms, horses, and rolling hills. The facilities are beautiful, peaceful, and quaint. The residents were at an ice cream social when I got there, and there seemed to be many social gatherings planned which was nice. The facilities are nice and include a library, a dining room, and many lobbies that are nicely appointed. The staff is everywhere and was willing and able to help anyone out. I had encounters with both the medical office and physical therapists on site, and both were very friendly and pleasant, and had formed a personal relationship with my grandmother. I feel happy for her that she is there.

June 21, 2011

By YourPeir

My grandmother lived here for 4 years from 1997 to 2001. I would visit her on weekends frequently and eat meals with her. Dinners were excellent and I often had dinner with my grandmother's friends. It was not too difficult for her and I to meet other people and everyone was very nice. There was a strong sense of community in Bellingham, which I think she enjoyed very much. There was plenty of space I she really enjoyed her time there.

Independent Living Reviews for The Watermark at Bellingham

September 30, 2014

Bellingham is very close to where my daughter works. It was a very, very, very nice place for me to do one thing I really like doing and that is take a nice walk outside for a mile or two everyday. I had a very nice lunch there. The food was very acceptable. The staff is very nice, very friendly, very open and very easy to talk to. I’m totally content with the way the traffic moves and the fact that I could easily walk or get a ride to some place to shop. It wasn’t crowded with the external things.

August 18, 2014

The Bellingham was quite large and it was laid out very nicely. The staff we talked to seemed very nice. The people seemed to be happy there. We happened to be there for lunch and the residents seemed to be very happy and sociable with their other guests. Overall, it was very nice. The campus part of the facility was a little crowded with buildings and homes, but it was still very nice.

April 22, 2014

It is a very nice facility. We saw their rooms, and they were very nice, too. We are actually moving Mom in today. The people were very nice also. The staff gives out calendars to the residents to tell them what is going on.

September 26, 2013

By Vince3

I went with my partner here to see the place and he was able to get a two-bedroom apartment. The rooms are spacious. If you didn't know that the apartment is in a facility, you wouldn't know because of the looks of it. It was updated, they put new carpeting in, they painted the whole place so it was nice and fresh for him. They also have an assisted living section and then they also have a dementia unit. They also have nursing unit available there. They have a local office that provides personal care and that was something attractive because we were using personal care services. You can just hire somebody for as little as half an hour. They also have a room there wherein you can reserve so that if you have a family that is coming in from out of town they can stay there like a hotel. We like that idea because his children are in California and it not really that expensive. They also have cleaning service. It's almost likely they have everything right there.

September 24, 2013

By Janice19

My parents are doing fine at Bellingham. They can get where they have to go and they do what they want to do. I like that the facility is very clean and they are constantly updating the facility.

Nursing Home Reviews for The Watermark at Bellingham

August 09, 2015

By for the love of Dad!

My father was at Park Lane in the last stages of his life. He was is pain and received incredible, compassionate care from the entire staff of nurses and aids - especially Julia. His last days were in comfort and peace and I thank God for the wonderful staff who lovingly cared, touched and engaged him to the end. The staff cried with me when he passed. I could not want more from the service and was very clear on my expectations with them. They responded well and helped manage expectations with me especially during a rough time.

January 12, 2015

Before my mother moved to the assisted living side of Bellingham, she was here at the Skilled Care. She was more impressed with the staff at the Skilled Care in Bellingham. They were more helpful because she wasn't skilled. She seemed to enjoy it better over there. I know each move is a transition, and she just needs to get used to it. The room she had was a private room. Her room has an individual bathroom. It is just a room with a twin bed. She liked the food better here. They had a lot of activities. The best feature of this place is the staff. They exhibited more care.

Memory Care Reviews for The Watermark at Bellingham

• Tai Chi
  • Activities Extra: Senior Ballet

• Staff Patient Ratio: 10/1

Nurses

• Nurses Extra: We Have 24 Hour Nurses.

• Licenses: Department ofPublic Welfare

About The Watermark at Bellingham

Senior personal care at Bellingham offers residents the best of both worlds. All benefits of our senior living community are combined with a full spectrum of senior care services to create a premier senior personal care community. Residents enjoy beautiful surroundings, on-site amenities and social programs alongside continual on-call medical care.

Map of The Watermark at Bellingham