Kutztown Manor

Reviews of Kutztown Manor

Nursing Home Reviews for Kutztown Manor

April 05, 2014

By crystal513

MY grandfather was in here to helpregain strength in his legs so he could walk again. He ended up having to stay there for permanent care and i thought he was doing good for a while but one day i went in he seemed really upset and panicky the next week when i went in he seemed out kf breath speec. Very slurred and he kept yelling about how hot he was. The nurse told us he was just tired. The next week he ended up in the hospital because his lungs had filled up with so much fluid that it was causing heart failure. The place did also stink very badly of urine the entire second floor. Im not happy at all.with thia place

November 27, 2012

By happywithcare

My father was a resident at this facility for several months. I found the staff to be very caring and attentive. The facility is very clean. I have worked in healthcare for 35 years and I can honestly say this is an exceptional facility which I would recommend to anyone. It was a very difficult time for my family but the manor worked hard to make it as easy for us as possible. I can not thank them enough for the care they provided for my father.

August 28, 2012

By remembersomeone

I visited Kutztown manor to see my grandmother. She was in from a stroke, and was trying to regain her strength, by using the manor's rehab facilities. I visited her every day that I could, which was quite often. While in the manor, I noticed the distinct smell of urine and feces. While this smell is to be somewhat expected with so many people needing help to go to the bathroom and all, I feel that nothing was ever done to cover the smell up, or even make it seem a little less overwhelming. When visiting my grandmother she always complained about the lousy staff they had on call. Note that there was about 20 nurses, and about 90 patients, but rarely any "bell ringing" for assistance. When she would ring the bell, nobody would come. It would take about a half an hour to an hour for us, or her to receive help. This caused her to have many "accidents" which could have been avoided. Overall, I don't like the facility. Because of the bad staff, the forcing of financial problems the manor puts on you (i.e. trying to take your home away while only in for a short stay), and other problems, my grandmother had to move away to a home further than most people want to drive these days. So I rarely get to see her. I blame the poor service.

About Kutztown Manor

Kutztown Manor is a senior living provider in Kutztown, Pennsylvania that offers residents Nursing Homes. Contact Kutztown Manor for more details on services and rates.

Map of Kutztown Manor