Ellen Memorial Health Care Center

Reviews of Ellen Memorial Health Care Center

Nursing Home Reviews for Ellen Memorial Health Care Center

March 11, 2013

By kathygirl

My relative was a resident there. The center is nice on the outside and the lobby nicely decorated. The patient rooms have much to be desired--old and outdated. It didn't smell clean in the hallways. Most staff were nice and a few really went out of their way to help my uncle. But, the center needs more staff to be able to give more attention to the elderly people living there. There is not enough stimulating activities for the people especially in the evening. The lunches were nice big meals but the supper menu was terrible!! All that was mostly served was peanut butter and jelly! That is shameful for the monthly cost of my uncle to stay there--they should be serving gourmet meals!! I recently heard that they now offer beautifully decorated hospice rooms but a friend of mine's aunt needed to be put in this room because she was dying and she was denied! Why offer and advertise hospice rooms then? I won't consider having any more of my relatives go there ever again. They need to step it up in terms of staffing, cleanliness and dinner meals.

March 07, 2013

By peterbuil

I give Ellen Memorial one star the front of the place is very nice, but the rooms are dirty and outdated. I had an Aunt who stayed at the facility for less then a month. The employees are overworked the place is under staffed. Some of the RN's are very unfriendly and the food is terrible. For the amount of money they charge they should be ashamed of themselves.

September 13, 2012

By FSX76

Ellen Memorial is adequate, and the nicest areas of the facility are the common areas in the front of the building, where guests, tours and family members see. The rooms are very outdated, and the care that my grandfather received was often lacking. The level of care provided was essentially a luck of the draw - some days, you got a few really kind, caring staff members that would talk to the patients and actually treat them like human beings, while other days I was left wondering why these people ever entered the field of nursing. One specific RN was outright rude and completely inconsiderate to my family any time one of us visited. Some of the staff really does care, and are more than willing to help, but overall, this facility is in real need of an overhaul in both the physical amenities and the staffing, but with limited other choices in the area, it still does a lot of business.

About Ellen Memorial Health Care Center

Ellen Memorial Health Care Center is a senior living provider in Honesdale, Pennsylvania that offers residents Nursing Homes. Contact Ellen Memorial Health Care Center for more details on services and rates.

Map of Ellen Memorial Health Care Center