St. Martha Center for Rehabilitation and Healthcare

Reviews of St. Martha Center for Rehabilitation and Healthcare

Nursing Home Reviews for St. Martha Center for Rehabilitation and Healthcare

March 23, 2017

By Mary G S

I moved my Mom from a horrible skilled facility to St Martha's while it was still owned by the Diocese. The care was wonderful. However, it took only a very short time after it was sold, for staff to be let go, care to dramatically suffer, and patients (again in the skilled unit) to receive the poorest of care. Falls, patients being left sitting in wet clothes, no assistance with meals, etc. -- complete lack of supervision and leadership. The administration has changed again and it gets no better - possibly worse! I highly suggest you find another option if this is to be your loved ones last "home".

February 21, 2017

By Adrienne.S

I have been here in rehab for about 3 months now, and have been homesick. Now my time for leaving is getting very close and I cannot find the words to express how heavy my heart is. I am so sad about having to leave so many caring, helpful, fun, and loving people. There is no place like home, but for the past few months the people here have made this home for me. I will surely miss them.

December 20, 2016

By Helen G

have been a patient at St Martha Center two times. I was welcomed back with smiling faces when I returned the second time. The aides and nurses, especially Lea and Latoya, are friendly and made me feel comfortable throughout my stay. The therapy department was kind hearted and very helpful. The housekeeping staff kept my room clean and tidy, especially Joannie. I felt very secure going home with the help of my social worker Courtney. 5 stars in my book!!

August 09, 2015

By kbachman

Having had a family member in the nursing home for over 5 yrs I would say that the care was sporadic.. due to the lack of top management from the head nurse and up .. The aids , other help are ONLY as good as how they are treated and managed. The focus is on the rehab and the nursing home is the step child so to speak.. Yes it is equal to other local nursing homes which is not saying much due to the cost. but St Marthas used to be top notch.. not anymore The rehab unit is improving as focus is on rehab... makes sense that is the bread and butter of the place

March 08, 2015

We have seen Saint Martha Manor in Downingtown. It is fantastic. It is a Catholic facility, and they have a chapel there. There is a priest there that says mass every day. It has a very good staff and a very good environment. It is not one of the ones that was recommended, but there is a waiting list to get in. Every place that is a good facility has a waiting list. It is very clean and very friendly. I would pick this place because it is a Catholic facility. It was recently sold by the Archdiocese, but they claimed it would still be a Catholic facility for the next three years. That is important to my father because he would like to be able to go to mass. It is friendly, and the food is good there.

November 09, 2011

By Joodles

Saint Martha's is a Catholic Faith based community. It is a high end operation which offers top care in all directions needed for residents. Pastoral care is a very important element to this community, with services available for those able to partake. It is run with care, but like a tight ship. There are rules staff are expected to follow, but it doesn't seem like staff looks at it as such. The aides are very caring and demonstrataive with the residents. To see an aide who may not be of the same Catholic faith, make sure to get a resident to a mass is refreshing. Much nurturing is evident in this community, from the top of the admiistrative people right down throught he ranks.This is a facility I would feel most comfortable referring to anuyone who wants the feel of being at home, under the supervsion of people who show they act not only out of their profession, but from their heart!

Photos of St. Martha Center for Rehabilitation and Healthcare

Services and Amenities of St. Martha Center for Rehabilitation and Healthcare

• Spanish

• Overall:
  • Date Certified: 08/01/2019

About St. Martha Center for Rehabilitation and Healthcare

St. Martha Center for Rehabilitation & Healthcare is a Catholic faith care center in Downingtown, Pennsylvania where you are welcomed into our warm and caring atmosphere that is created by our dedicated staff and volunteers, all of whom are committed to providing you or your loved one the highest level of care.

Map of St. Martha Center for Rehabilitation and Healthcare