Tryon Estates at Columbus

Reviews of Tryon Estates at Columbus

Independent Living Reviews for Tryon Estates at Columbus

Continuing Care Retirement Community Reviews for Tryon Estates at Columbus

April 21, 2015

Tryon Estate had everything all in one place. It had individual villas like little small homes, apartments, gourmet dining, and skilled nursing care facility on site. It also had assisted and memory care on site. The staff had been excellent every time; we were in several functions there. Everyone had been courteous and actually acted like they liked working there. They were having a good time. The apartments varied in size; they started at studio level and went up to 2-bedroom, 2-bath. They do everything they could to help you in choosing color. They wanted you to make the decision once you had been accepted or when you could move in. They would help you paint the wall or place wallpaper. They had almost liked an interior design type group. The food and the dining set up were excellent. The security was also excellent. There was an indoor heated pool that had been re-surfaced. There was a place where they would fix your nails and toe nails. There was a library, crafts room, jewelry making, painting, and bridge. They visited different wineries. They went up to Flat Rock playhouse, and they had line dancing. However, they should lower the entry fee.

October 27, 2014

Tryon Estates at Columbus was friendly. It was lovely. It was a wonderful place. We did stay one night and it was great. My experience with them was excellent. The rooms and surroundings were excellent. The place was excellent, beautiful and friendly. They had terrific food. There were a lot of activities. They had very nice people. They were intelligent and respectable.

February 12, 2013

By carolbookwoman

Tryon Estates is a GODSEND. My parents moved there nearly 12 years ago--into an independent, two-bedroom/two-bathroom apartment. A year ago, my dad had to move my mother (who has Alzheimer's disease) into the memory-care unit. This was an incredibly difficult decision, and it has been a very hard year emotionally. The saving grace is the Tryon Estates STAFF. Every single employee there is phenomenal--and there is almost NO turnover! The unparalleled kindness that the employees show to the residents is the number one reason that I'm thrilled my parents are there. But there are others, too: TE is located in an exceptionally beautiful part of the country, in the foothills of the Blue Ridge Mountains. All of the graduated levels of care (independent living, assisted living, medical, and memory care) are under one roof, which means that my mother is really just a long walk down the hall from my dad. He doesn't have to go out in bad weather and drive to another location to see her. The activities director & her assistant (my mother's personal angel!) for the memory care and medical units do everything possible to enrich the patients' daily lives and to maintain relationships with their families (I am able to video chat with Mom via Skype!). The Tryon Estates Resident Services Director, a longtime staff member, does an outstanding job. Despite nearly constant interruptions from the residents, she always has a smile and kind words for them and also somehow manages to coordinate a wide range of events, outings, activities, and communications. I could go on and on about Tryon Estates and how fabulous it is, but I'll just say this: You won't be sorry if you move in there. You'll be very happy, as well as relieved that you'll be cared for lovingly for the rest of your life. And you'll be giving your children an incredible gift: that of knowing that you're in very, very good hands.

November 28, 2012

By Kier

Tryon Estates is nice. My uncle lives there. They have walking areas, they have their own garage, and they get three meals a day. He stayed in an apartment with 2 or 3 bedroom. It's expensive though.

October 13, 2012

By jmm2012

This retirement home was wonderful. From the moment we stepped inside it was evident that they cared for their residents and took their job seriously. The ambiance is wonderful and the staff all seem so friendly and eager to help. The thought of an establishment such as this often bring negative feelings but none occurred here. The staff are obviously trained in taking care of residents and their families. The rooms that the residents are given are more than accommodating. They are spacious and kept extremely clean. The dining room that the residents have access to is decorated beautifully and somewhat fancy. They have the opportunity to receive breakfast, lunch and dinner in the dining room. This means that residents can choose not to cook for themselves and instead enjoy their meals prepared for them. It is upsetting but my grandfather lives in another state and he decided he did not want to move. It is unfortunate that he could not live at a place as wonderful as this.
See all Continuing Care Retirement Community reviews (12) See fewer reviews

About Tryon Estates at Columbus

Refund Plans: 50% of Entrance Fee, Declining Balance (Price: 67% of Entrance Fee). Age related entrance fee.

Map of Tryon Estates at Columbus