Pacifica Senior Living Spring Valley

Reviews of Pacifica Senior Living Spring Valley

Memory Care Reviews for Pacifica Senior Living Spring Valley

October 13, 2016

By Walt378232

I did tour Pacifica (Pacifica Senior Living Spring Valley) for my wife. I thought it’s a pretty nice facility. It is set up pretty well with a smaller and quieter environment. Because it’s a memory care, it is more geared towards that instead of all-encompassing and stuff like that. The price was somewhat within price range. One of the pluses for me at this point was that the rooms were furnished. Also they work well with the hospice care that I have. They had nice facilities like wheelchair roll-in type shower and things like that, so it was set up fairly nice. It was a nice facility.
Thank you very much for taking the time to leave us this positive 5 star review. We appreciate it!

February 09, 2016

By J.R.2

Pacifica was nice. They appeared to have two sections in the memory care. There was one that was not quite as advance. So, they were not really mingling that much. The people that needed more attention had a separate section. One of the staff guided me to the place, and showed me where the different areas were. It was very interesting. The rooms were very nice. They seemed to be accommodating. They had private rooms that were very roomy, and they also had a shared room. Both of them were very nice. The aisle that they were walking on had a name, and then they had a little shadow box out in front of the door so they could remember which room they had to go into. They were very nice. The staff was very knowledgeable about the people there. They called them by name, and knew what they wanted.

December 30, 2015

By Loving Daughter18

I was a little disappointed with Pacifica Senior Living Spring Valley. It didn’t smell fresh, and I thought the residents I saw were just sort of sitting around. The staff I saw seemed to pay attention and be considerate of the residents. The woman who took me around gave me a hard sell, which I didn’t like.
Thank you for taking the time to leave us feedback about your experience with us. We regret that you had a negative experience, and will use this as an opportunity to improve. If you are willing to give us another chance, please contact us so we can understand your situation better in order to try and turn your experience around. Thank you, Pacifica Senior Living Spring Valley

December 15, 2015

By Patti25

My mother has been at Pacifica of Spring Valley since October. It is all excellent. The rooms are very nice. My mother says the food is excellent. She eats everything they give her. The social recreations are very good; I was there this morning when they had a gentleman come in to sing. It was very nice.

November 24, 2015

By Cheroyl

I visited Pacifica. It was nice, clean, and beautiful facility. I would definitely recommend them; however, they didn’t have enough caregivers per patient.
Thank you very much for taking the time to leave us this positive 5 star review. We appreciate it & hope to see you again!

June 15, 2015

By BabsC21

I thought Pacifica Senior Living was really nice, and the people were very helpful. I thought everything was wonderful. It was clean. I liked the fact that they have people come in and do shows. I also liked the fact that they do exercises.
Thank you very much for taking the time to leave us this positive review for our team at Pacifica Senior Living Vista. We appreciate it & so do our other reviewers at Caring.

January 06, 2015

By Kathryn11

It is a very huge facility. It is not as beautiful to look at because it is older, and the rooms are just average with nothing spectacular. Their food is good, and the staff is OK. It is in a busy location, and there are a lot of stores around.
Thank you very much for your review.

December 30, 2014

By Caring103619750

It is a very nice facility, and the rooms are spacious enough. They have activities during the day. The inside and outside are above average, and it does not feel like a hospital. It's very clean, and my mother seemed to be well cared for.
Thank you very much for your review.
See all Memory Care reviews (16) See fewer reviews

Questions about Pacifica Senior Living Spring Valley

What ongoing training does the staff receive in dementia care?

Dementia care training starts at orientation and continues throughout the staffs’ tenure. Onboarding includes 26 hours of Dementia and Assisted Living care training with 3 – 5 days of hands-on training. Ongoing training is comprised of computer-based learning (8 additional hours per year); hands-on live classroom training (4 hours per year); and monthly in-service events led by the registered nurse, executive director, or a third party vendor.

How many staffers are on duty in the daytime and overnight?

We have sufficient staff to meet needs and requirements of the population of residents within our community.

What programs or activities does Pacifica Senior Living Spring Valley offer to keep residents engaged? How does the staff engage residents' long-term memories?

Pacifica Senior Living offers a robust activities program staffed by an activities director and an activities assistant. Group activities including, but limited to, exercise, gardening, movies, baking, putting golf, and singing are scheduled seven days a week from 9:30am through 6:00pm. Additionally, individual one-on-one activities, such as manicures and jewelry making, are ongoing throughout the day. Long-term memories are engaged through activities specific for long-term stimulation and reminiscing with memory books. Other activities include, but are not limited to, live music, dance groups, birthday parties, dance parties, ice cream parties, and holiday parties.

Each resident is assessed by the registered nurse every 90 days. After the resident has had his/her assessment, a care conference is scheduled with the family/Power of Attorney and resident to meet with the executive director, registered nurse, and activities director.

What techniques does Pacifica Senior Living Spring Valley use to support memory care residents during mealtimes?

As Pacifica Senior Living practices individual person-centered care, techniques vary per resident and are meant to be independent appropriate. Techniques may include reminders, cueing, mechanically enhanced foods, hand-under-hand assistance, or a total assist with feeding. To enrich the dining experience we also provide all our meals on colorful plating.

How does Pacifica Senior Living Spring Valley keep residents' families informed about their loved ones' health?

The Care Conference, scheduled every 90 days, is the most formal communication with families regarding a loved one’s health. However, Pacifica Senior Living maintains an up-to-date Facebook and distributes a monthly newsletter with a wealth of information regarding the community and its residents.

Describe the neighborhood around Pacifica Senior Living Spring Valley. Is it located in a residential neighborhood, a business district, a rural setting, or other type of locale?

We are located in a residential community.

Is Pacifica Senior Living Spring Valley affiliated with a hospital if more care is needed?

We are not affiliated with any hospital but have three hospitals within two miles that can provide general medical services and dementia/ behavioral services.

Costs for Pacifica Senior Living Spring Valley

• Licenses: Memory Care Assisted Living
  • State Licenses: 2758-AGC-40

About Pacifica Senior Living Spring Valley

pacificaseniorliving.com

Pacifica Senior Living Spring Valley is a beautiful memory care community that is easily located in Las Vegas off of Tropicana. The community offers an exceptional Legacies Memory Care Program for those with Alzheimer’s disease or other forms of memory loss and dementia.

Our staff at Pacifica Senior Living Spring Valley provide the support, care and respect for our residents to continue living a full, enriching life. Legacies Memory Care Program focuses on the individual and their needs as they live each and every day. Each resident receives a personalized care plan that is carefully designed and implemented by our compassionate staff.

Map of Pacifica Senior Living Spring Valley