Pacifica Senior Living Spring Valley Las Vegas, NV

Reviews of Pacifica Senior Living Spring Valley

Memory Care Reviews for Pacifica Senior Living Spring Valley

July 15, 2021

By Tammy Spencer

Pacifica has very caring staff as they go over and beyond their work duties as they seem to care about each of the residence. My Father in law was at the facility before he passed away in 2019 and now my Mother in law is a current resident. Each time we visit, we appreciate all the Staff does for each resident as they are always helping someone with something. They are a true blessing to us and they work hard. Also, we would like to thank Deanna and Don for all their hard work and going over and beyond to get our family member in with short notice. Can't say enough good things about this place. Thank you Pacifica Staff, we appreciate each of you! Facility gets an A+ grade in our book for Staff, Rooms, Food, Activities offered and Cleanliness.

Hello Tammy Spencer, thank you for your positive review! We are very proud of our community and the level of care we provide! Please feel free to reach out at any time to us at any time with any and all questions and concerns; we are always here for you and your family.

February 17, 2021

By Sheryl

Mom has moved into Pacifica Senior Living Spring Valley. We just returned from there. I was very impressed with the community. The caregivers were very nice and very caring. I can't say anything bad about the place. We put her there without seeing it. My niece was out there and handled all that. She and her husband went to Pacifica and another community, but they liked Pacifica the best. I took her word on it, and I think it was a very good choice. It takes both dementia and Alzheimer's patients. They have activities, but my mother does not participate.

Hi Sheryl, thank you very much for taking the time to leave us this positive review for our team at Pacifica Senior Living Spring Valley. We appreciate it & so do our other reviewers at Caring. We hope to see you again soon!

May 20, 2019

By Dave

My mother-in-law moved into Pacifica Senior Living Spring Valley around a week ago.The staff is outstanding, it has a great atmosphere, and I think it's a great community. The accommodations are very clean, very nice, very organized, and I cant say enough. The food is fine, it's good, and I'd eat there every day. The dining area is very nice, they got more than one community, and each community has its own dining area. They have all kinds of games, arts and crafts things, sing alongs, guessing games, and things for the memory care individuals. They have a beauty salon. It was a breath of fresh air to sit down and talked with individuals who actually understood memory issues and helped you with your problems.

Dave, thank you for your kind review; we are happy to pass along your comments to the team here at Pacifica Senior Living Spring Valley. We have an outstanding staff that genuinely cares for all our residents, and their families. Please don't hesitate to reach out to us if there's anything we can do! Thank you very much, we hope you have a wonderful day!

March 25, 2018

By lasvet

It is a difficult time when you are looking for a facility to assist in care of your loved one. Christina and the staff at Pacifica Spring Valley made it as seamless as it could be. They were there to walk us through the process, answer all of our questions, and welcome our Mom into their community. The facility is clean, bright and inviting and the caregivers equally as so. With a smile on their face, they are always encouraging their residents to engage in activities rather than sit in their rooms. There has rarely been a time I have stopped by that there hasn't been an activity available for the residents; singing, music, church services, even musicians coming in to play the guitar.

Thank you for sharing taking the time to share with us your experience, we are honored that you have entrusted us to care for mom. While we know this is a very overwhelming process for we strive to do all we can to help things move along as seamless as possible being there for all families every step of the way. Please like us on our Facebook page where you will find pictures of our residents and the interesting activities they participate in on a daily bases. (The link to the Facebook page is on our website). Please feel free to contact us with any and all questions.

March 20, 2018

By helberlg

I am the spouse of a resident of Pacifica Senior Living Spring Valley. When looking for a place where my husband with Alzheimer’s could be happy, I searched several places all over town. Although this facility is not near my home I chose it because it just made me feel comfortable and at home right away. Upon entering you are in town square and it reminds you of Main Street.Disn.eyland.. I look happy and healthy and engaged. The community relations director is truly amazing. Christina has gone way beyond the call of duty to make me feel comfortable and cared for. She answers calls at all hours when I am at the end of my rope. The staff are so caring, helpful and welcoming. I would recommend this facility to anyone looking for a warm, welcoming Home for their loved one.

Thank you for sharing the details of your experience with us. We are honored that you have entrusted us to care your husband, we do not take this lightly as we understand this is as difficult for the families as it is for the loved ones (ensuring you are making the right decision for your family as a whole). Please like us on our Facebook page where you will find pictures of our residents and the interesting activities they participate in on a daily bases. (The link to the Facebook page is on our website). Please feel free to contact with any and all questions.

September 19, 2017

By voight

Wonderful energy, great staff and an answer to our prayers. I knew the minute I walked in, I cried and said this is the place. I had that feeling in my gut that this was moms home and I was right. She has been more active since she has been here than I have seen her in a while. Kelly and Debra have been awesome through the entire process

Thank you for leaving this detailed review about your experience with our community. We appreciate it and are honored that you chose our community. Did you know we have a Facebook page with pictures of our residents and their interesting activities? (The link to the Facebook page is on our website). Please feel free to contact with any and all questions.

July 17, 2017

By Jane

I liked the layout of Pacifica Senior Living Spring Valley. It was smaller than the other community, but I liked the layout better. The cost was a little bit more and the pricing was different. It was too far away from my home. We looked at one room that is shared with another roommate, and it was more hospital-like.

Thank you for your review and honest feedback. We appreciate your 4 star review and would like to offer our assistance to you for the future. Please let us know if there is anything else we can do for you; we are more than happy to help!

December 03, 2016

By relative834775

My mother was in Pacifica, and I wouldn't recommend it to anybody. They had a calendar that showed activities for the elderly, but they never followed it. The staff never really interacted with their residents and kept changing, like weekly, so nobody ever stayed there long enough to even get to know each resident or find out what their needs were. The rooms were OK, just not very clean. I saw caregivers sleeping in the dining room, and it was not what I wanted for my mother. Occasionally, they would do bingo or some chair exercises, but it was few and far between. The food was good since they had a very good cook there.

We're happy to hear being a part of our community has been a positive experience for you. We strive to offer life enriching programs and the highest level of care for our residents who we love like family. We appreciate you.

November 29, 2016

By Dorothy265784

I spent about an hour and a half at Pacifica Senior Living Spring Valley. They showed me everything. It was fine. I felt that the bedrooms were a bit on the small side, but everything seemed to be very clean and neat. They were well organized. I don't have any objections with the place.

Thank you, Dorothy, for reaching out to us. We are sorry that our community does not meet your needs. We value our residents and families and appreciating you sharing your comments. We hope that you find the community that best fits your mother's needs and that you are happy in the community you choose. We thank you for your consideration.

November 14, 2016

By Catherine375488

I was impressed that Pacifica Senior Living Spring Valley was really clean, but everybody that is there had to be fed. They had different activities for them, and I liked it because when you walk down the hall, it looks like an actual street with stores. The rooms were small, and they shared rooms with a TV, their own closet which was very small, their own bathroom, and it had a regular stand up shower for those who can take a shower themselves. They also had assisted bath with all the amenities to it for them to sit down to where somebody could take care of them. They had other personal stuff in their own plastic box, and they keep their bathroom personals in their closet.

Thank you very much for taking the time to leave us this detailed positive 5 star review. We appreciate it!

October 13, 2016

By Walt378232

I did tour Pacifica (Pacifica Senior Living Spring Valley) for my wife. I thought it’s a pretty nice facility. It is set up pretty well with a smaller and quieter environment. Because it’s a memory care, it is more geared towards that instead of all-encompassing and stuff like that. The price was somewhat within price range. One of the pluses for me at this point was that the rooms were furnished. Also they work well with the hospice care that I have. They had nice facilities like wheelchair roll-in type shower and things like that, so it was set up fairly nice. It was a nice facility.

Thank you very much for taking the time to leave us this positive 5 star review. We appreciate it!

February 09, 2016

By J.R.2

Pacifica was nice. They appeared to have two sections in the memory care. There was one that was not quite as advance. So, they were not really mingling that much. The people that needed more attention had a separate section. One of the staff guided me to the place, and showed me where the different areas were. It was very interesting. The rooms were very nice. They seemed to be accommodating. They had private rooms that were very roomy, and they also had a shared room. Both of them were very nice. The aisle that they were walking on had a name, and then they had a little shadow box out in front of the door so they could remember which room they had to go into. They were very nice. The staff was very knowledgeable about the people there. They called them by name, and knew what they wanted.

December 30, 2015

By Loving Daughter18

I was a little disappointed with Pacifica Senior Living Spring Valley. It didn’t smell fresh, and I thought the residents I saw were just sort of sitting around. The staff I saw seemed to pay attention and be considerate of the residents. The woman who took me around gave me a hard sell, which I didn’t like.

Thank you for taking the time to leave us feedback about your experience with us. We regret that you had a negative experience, and will use this as an opportunity to improve. If you are willing to give us another chance, please contact us so we can understand your situation better in order to try and turn your experience around. Thank you, Pacifica Senior Living Spring Valley

December 15, 2015

By Patti25

My mother has been at Pacifica of Spring Valley since October. It is all excellent. The rooms are very nice. My mother says the food is excellent. She eats everything they give her. The social recreations are very good; I was there this morning when they had a gentleman come in to sing. It was very nice.

November 24, 2015

By Cheroyl

I visited Pacifica. It was nice, clean, and beautiful facility. I would definitely recommend them; however, they didn’t have enough caregivers per patient.

Thank you very much for taking the time to leave us this positive 5 star review. We appreciate it & hope to see you again!

June 15, 2015

By BabsC21

I thought Pacifica Senior Living was really nice, and the people were very helpful. I thought everything was wonderful. It was clean. I liked the fact that they have people come in and do shows. I also liked the fact that they do exercises.

Thank you very much for taking the time to leave us this positive review for our team at Pacifica Senior Living Vista. We appreciate it & so do our other reviewers at Caring.

January 06, 2015

By Kathryn11

It is a very huge facility. It is not as beautiful to look at because it is older, and the rooms are just average with nothing spectacular. Their food is good, and the staff is OK. It is in a busy location, and there are a lot of stores around.

Thank you very much for your review.

December 30, 2014

By Caring103619750

It is a very nice facility, and the rooms are spacious enough. They have activities during the day. The inside and outside are above average, and it does not feel like a hospital. It's very clean, and my mother seemed to be well cared for.

Thank you very much for your review.
See all Memory Care reviews (26) See fewer reviews

Questions about Pacifica Senior Living Spring Valley

What ongoing training does the staff receive in dementia care?

Dementia care training starts at orientation and continues throughout the staffs’ tenure. Onboarding includes 26 hours of Dementia and Assisted Living care training with 3 – 5 days of hands-on training. Ongoing training is comprised of computer-based learning (8 additional hours per year); hands-on live classroom training (4 hours per year); and monthly in-service events led by the registered nurse, executive director, or a third party vendor.

How many staffers are on duty in the daytime and overnight?

We have sufficient staff to meet needs and requirements of the population of residents within our community.

What programs or activities does Pacifica Senior Living Spring Valley offer to keep residents engaged? How does the staff engage residents' long-term memories?

Pacifica Senior Living offers a robust activities program staffed by an activities director and an activities assistant. Group activities including, but limited to, exercise, gardening, movies, baking, putting golf, and singing are scheduled seven days a week from 9:30am through 6:00pm. Additionally, individual one-on-one activities, such as manicures and jewelry making, are ongoing throughout the day. Long-term memories are engaged through activities specific for long-term stimulation and reminiscing with memory books. Other activities include, but are not limited to, live music, dance groups, birthday parties, dance parties, ice cream parties, and holiday parties.

Each resident is assessed by the registered nurse every 90 days. After the resident has had his/her assessment, a care conference is scheduled with the family/Power of Attorney and resident to meet with the executive director, registered nurse, and activities director.

What techniques does Pacifica Senior Living Spring Valley use to support memory care residents during mealtimes?

As Pacifica Senior Living practices individual person-centered care, techniques vary per resident and are meant to be independent appropriate. Techniques may include reminders, cueing, mechanically enhanced foods, hand-under-hand assistance, or a total assist with feeding. To enrich the dining experience we also provide all our meals on colorful plating.

How does Pacifica Senior Living Spring Valley keep residents' families informed about their loved ones' health?

The Care Conference, scheduled every 90 days, is the most formal communication with families regarding a loved one’s health. However, Pacifica Senior Living maintains an up-to-date Facebook and distributes a monthly newsletter with a wealth of information regarding the community and its residents.

Describe the neighborhood around Pacifica Senior Living Spring Valley. Is it located in a residential neighborhood, a business district, a rural setting, or other type of locale?

We are located in a residential community.

Is Pacifica Senior Living Spring Valley affiliated with a hospital if more care is needed?

We are not affiliated with any hospital but have three hospitals within two miles that can provide general medical services and dementia/ behavioral services.

Costs for Pacifica Senior Living Spring Valley

• Licenses: Memory Care Assisted Living
  • State Licenses: 2758-AGC-40

About Pacifica Senior Living Spring Valley

pacificaspringvalley.com

Pacifica Senior Living Spring Valley is a beautiful memory care community that is easily located in Las Vegas off of Tropicana. The community offers an exceptional Legacies Memory Care Program for those with Alzheimer’s disease or other forms of memory loss and dementia.

Our staff at Pacifica Senior Living Spring Valley provide the support, care and respect for our residents to continue living a full, enriching life. Legacies Memory Care Program focuses on the individual and their needs as they live each and every day. Each resident receives a personalized care plan that is carefully designed and implemented by our compassionate staff.

Map of Pacifica Senior Living Spring Valley