River Bend Senior Living

Reviews of River Bend Senior Living

Assisted Living Reviews for River Bend Senior Living

November 23, 2020

By Catcrzy

The staff at River Bend Senior Living was very nice. The atmosphere was awesome. It was very clean and very nice. They showed me a studio and a one-bedroom, and they were both very nice. The studio overlooked the river, and it had a beautiful view. The one-bedroom overlooked the parking lot, but it was still a nice room. They were both very nice rooms. They had a secured area out back where there were some patio chairs and a picnic table or a lounge table. There was a group of guys sitting out there chatting and laughing and having a good time. Their dining room facility was down to one person per table, and they were kind of staggering everybody eating for safety. They had a little library section with chairs scattered about, definitely socially distanced, and there was a lady in there reading and she looked happy and content. It seemed like a very nice place. They had bingo and activities, and there was a shuttle bus that takes people to all their appointments.

January 22, 2020

By Deborah

I went to River Bend Senior Living. It was very nice, everything was fine, and I would have gone with it, but they assessed my mother and they said they would not be able to accommodate her. It was clean, they were friendly, attentive, and it seemed like a warm, friendly, and nice place. They had a shuttle bus, they were baking cookies when I was there, there was a nice dining room, and I liked that. It felt more homey.

Thank you so much, Deborah, for sharing your review. We are happy to know you had such a great experience with our team! –Jon S., Executive Director

April 23, 2019

By Jim

We enjoyed our visit with River Bend Senior Living. It's in a really nice place and it's visited quite often by doctors from Mayo Clinic. It's a great place. They had a lot of activities, clubs, gym rooms, people that will help you with exercises, card games, and a little library. The staff was nice and very friendly. They gave us a grand tour, explained everything, and showed us different apartments.

April 22, 2018

By jane237

My grandmother lived at Riverbend for two years. She paid $4,000 per month for a studio apartment. That price included utilities, all meals, housekeeping, and a home care employee to assist her with showers a few times per week. The building is new and beautiful. Unfortunately they have a difficult time keeping staff, so the food has suffered along with Healthcare. Their marketing director Shannon was initially nice when she wanted our business, but then didn't seem to have time for us when issues came up. Many of their activities end up getting cancelled because there aren't enough residents to attend them (playing cards several times per week I'm sure gets old). I certainly hope things turn around for them, but if we had to do it over again, I would not have put my grandmother there.

August 21, 2017

By Rick

The River Bend has the river down there, but it is more in town and congested. The rooms were small, and that was a big deal. The staff was fine. The people were very nice, but I felt like I was being pressured by the gal, and that was a negative for me. The elevator and the size of the room were the two big things for me, and the thing that turned me off the most was the pressure of the recruiter.

Good Neighbor Care is the management company for River Bend. We apologize in advance for your experience at River Bend, and we are here to help. The Good Neighbor Care team members are committed to providing our customers with a warm and caring living experience. We would love the opportunity to help resolve your issue today. Please know we can be reached at CustomerCare@wfocliving.com or call us directly at 866.914.2403. Thank you.

February 24, 2017

By concernedfamilymember13

I had the worst experience ever with Riverbend and I work in healthcare. My family member went in walking two miles a day and due to not being cared for passed away two months later. I moved them out before they passed away but the damage was done. Nobody fed my family member, I brought in food they liked and they were never given it unless I went there and fed them myself. My family was overmedicated and was never outside of their couch whenever I visited. I also had issues with the director, whom got fired while my family member was there. They tried to kick out my relative the first day and keep a 1000 dollar deposit. Please send your family member anywhere else.

Good Neighbor Care is the management company for River Bend Assisted Living. We apologize in advance for your experience at River Bend Assisted Living, and we are here to help. The Good Neighbor Care team members are committed to providing our customers with a warm and caring living experience. We would love the opportunity to help resolve your issue today.

November 30, 2016

By David517283

River Bend was not quite fully informed when we visited but very helpful with what they did know. We saw a gathering in their little room where they were gathered around the piano. There weren’t any residents around. The dining area looks good, but it looks like there was ample room for eating and ample opportunity to snack and socialize. It looks very nice.

September 29, 2016

By Kenneth667824

River Bend seemed like a very nice place to be. It seemed very relaxed and could be a comfortable place. The room was very nice and comfortable. They have art classes and card games. The food was very nice. It was a comfortable setting, not dirty or messy or unorganized. It’s a very nice place. I was very impressed.

May 10, 2016

By VickieXAWRN

I visited River Bend. The staff was very nice, very cordial and everything was wonderful. I looked at the memory care and the memory care rooms were appropriately small and it was fine and clean. I think it was a relatively new building and it was great. The atmosphere was cordial and friendly. The dining room was very nice.

March 26, 2016

By Drue1

River Bend was brand new, gorgeous, and welcoming, only having opened about a year and a half ago. When we walked in, we saw a fireplace and a sitting area. The person that gave us the tour was absolutely wonderful. That’s the place that my dad loved. Some of the rooms had pretty spectacular views of the river. Everything was very modern. It was a gorgeous place.

December 16, 2015

By Shelley W.

River Bend was a very nice place. I would rate it way up there. The rooms were nice and very clean, and the staff was very helpful. The dining room was very pleasant. I didn’t see any activities going on at the time of my visit, but there were activities posted. They have exercises and bring in community activities like music and dance. They have a game room/library, a movie room with a popcorn machine, and computers for the residents to use, which was very nice. The whole place was welcoming.

November 24, 2015

By Anonymous114891950

My mother is in River Bend, which is close to my house. The staff is nice and good. The apartment is very nice, spacious, and clean and looks out to a river. The food is fair. My mother exercises every day. They can improve by having more staff at night.

Memory Care Reviews for River Bend Senior Living

• Activities Extra: Computer Class

• Home Sale Assistance

• Pets: Yes

About River Bend Senior Living

Welcome to River Bend Assisted Living and Memory Care, the best senior living in beautiful Rochester, Minnesota. We offer stylish private apartment homes inside a warm, friendly community with first class amenities like a state-of-the-art fitness center, beauty and barber shop, theater room, five-star restaurant-style dining, and a social, recreational and spiritual activities calendar that keeps even the most active of our residents on the go. Best of all, our team of highly qualified caregivers is on hand at all times to assist with your every need. Our commitment to your comfort and quality of life is second to none.

Our riverfront community offers picturesque views and access to the Zumbro River walking path and is conveniently located near restaurants, shopping, pharmacies, health care providers, and the renowned Mayo Clinic. Complimentary transportation to doctor’s appointments, day trips, daily outings, a bistro area, and three gourmet restaurant style meals served daily by our professional waitstaff are amongst the many reasons our residents love living at River Bend. Come see why River Bend Assisted Living and Memory Care is the premier location for you to call home!

Community Amenities include:

• Laundry Facilities on Each Floor
  • Fully Accessible Spa Tub Available
  • Club Room and Card Area
  • Cozy Library with Computers, Printers, and Study/Reading Areas

River Bend Assisted Living and Memory Care offers more than just a beautiful home with lovely amenities. What sets our community apart is the way we care about our residents. Our professional staff is dedicated to making the senior years the best years yet for our residents.

Map of River Bend Senior Living