3 Assisted Living Facilities in Kennett, MO
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Kennett, call (855) 863-8283.
3 Assisted Living Facilities in Kennett, MO
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Kennett
Kennett, located in southeast Missouri, sits just four miles from the Arkansas border and boasts a sizable senior population, with more than 16 percent of its 11,000 residents aged 65 or older. Kennett seniors can choose from three assisted living facilities in the area, along with others in nearby cities like Poplar Bluff and Dyersburg. The Missouri Department of Health and Senior Services oversees the assisted living facilities in Kennett as well as those throughout the state.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Kennett
- The cost of living in Kennett is 80.4 compared to a national average of 100. Housing is especially affordable, ranking 52.6, but healthcare costs are above the U.S. average at 117. Seniors and their families may want to consider these above-average healthcare costs when budgeting for assisted living in Kennett.
- Kennett's climate includes all four seasons, but snow-loving seniors won't see much snow annually. Winter temperatures drop to the mid-20s, but the city only sees about 5 inches of snow a year, which is well below the U.S. average of 27.8 inches. Summer highs rise to 90 degrees, which is higher than the national average.
- Crime rates in Kennett are higher than the U.S. average. The violent crime rate is 37.2, compared to the national average of 22.7. Property crime rates are higher at 87.7, compared to the U.S. average of 35.4. Seniors and their families should keep these crime rates in mind when choosing an assisted living facility.
- Kennett has no facilities from which to choose in the event of a medical emergency or illness, with the nearest major hospital located in Rombauer.
- The Dunklin County Transit Service operates a fleet of 22 buses, which can provide convenient transportation services to seniors in Kennett. Seniors can request rides for non-emergency medical appointments, daily errands and personal business for a small fee.
- Kennett has an array of community resources for seniors, including Kennett OAKS, an organization that offers health screenings, daily meals for seniors and social activities like bingo.
Note: Data reported on this page was updated in 2019 and based on the latest 2018 figures.
Paying for Assisted Living in Kennett
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Missouri
Assisted Living costs in Kennett start around $0 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Kennett and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Kennett
Several financial assistance programs exist in Missouri, which can help fund assisted living expenses for Kennett seniors. Seniors with documented impairments can apply for the Aged and Disabled Waiver, which can supplement assisted living care. The state's Supplemental Nursing Care program offers seniors who meet eligibility requirements about $300 a month to put toward assisted living costs.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Missouri page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Missouri page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Kennett
Kennett and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Kennett, please visit our Assisted Living in Missouri page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Kennett
Kennett-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Missouri are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Missouri page for more information about these laws.