22 Assisted Living Facilities near Waite Park, MN
There are 22 Assisted Living Facilities in the Waite Park area, with 2 in Waite Park and 20 nearby.
To help you with your search, browse the 38 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Waite Park. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Waite Park 3.3 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Sauk Rapids with an average rating of 4.4 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Waite Park, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 10 Assisted Living Facilities in Waite Park, MN
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Waite Park
Waite Park, Minnesota, has plenty of activities for seniors, such as exploring Quarry Park and Nature Reserve by car or on foot or going on trips and playing board games at the Waite Park Senior Center. Seniors make up 15.2% of the 7,718 people in town, and those who need assistance with the tasks of daily living can turn to one of the two assisted living facilities in Waite Park or 20 others in neighboring communities.
Home Care Providers and Adult Foster Care programs, as assisted living facilities are called in Waite Park and throughout Minnesota, are licensed and regulated by the state Department of Health.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Waite Park
- Waite Park's cost of living is 92, compared with the state average of 106.3, due largely to housing, transportation and health costs. Family members moving here from other parts of Minnesota to care for loved ones in assisted living facilities may save money on living costs.
- On a scale of 1-100, Waite Park's violent crime rate is 16.7, much lower than the U.S. average of 22.7, but its property crime rate is 95.7, more than double the U.S. average of 35.4. Seniors touring assisted living facilities should ensure that appropriate security measures are in place to protect them and their belongings.
- Seniors sensitive to extreme temperatures may not appreciate Waite Park's annual temperature range of 2 to 83 degrees. However, there are 197 sunny days each year, close to the national average of 205, and the city gets just 29 inches of rain, which is 9 inches below the national average. Snow lovers will enjoy Waite Park's 49 inches of annual snowfall.
- With an air quality score of 62, four points above the national average, Waite Park may be a good place for seniors with COPD and other respiratory ailments.
- Minnesota is not a tax-friendly state. Waite Park seniors pay taxes on Social Security retirement benefits, 401(k)s and IRA. Sales taxes in the state are high, while property taxes are average compared to the rest of the country.
- Waite Park has no facilities from which to choose in the event of a medical emergency or illness, with the nearest major hospital located in St. Cloud.
Note: Data on this page was updated in 2019 and based on the latest 2018 figures.
Paying for Assisted Living in Waite Park
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Minnesota
Assisted Living costs in Waite Park start around $0 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Waite Park and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Waite Park
Minnesota’s Housing Support Program provides seniors with financial assistance adult foster care homes, assisted living facilities, and supervised senior living communities.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Minnesota page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Minnesota page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Waite Park
Waite Park and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Waite Park, please visit our Assisted Living in Minnesota page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Waite Park
Waite Park-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Minnesota are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Minnesota page for more information about these laws.
Assisted Living near Waite Park, MN
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Waite Park
Review of Sterling Park Commons
Although it is an older facility, the accommodations are perfect for an older individual or couple. The staff know everyone by name and there activities throughout the week. Read more
Review of Park Gardens Apartments
My grandmother lived here for over 2 years. The staff were friendly and knew her and her likes. She enjoyed Bingo, music, and other card games, along with Bible study. The food wasn't bad and s... Read more
Review of Park Gardens Apartments
My mother stayed at Park Gardens Apartments. We tried to put her on assisted living there, but that was a waste of our money. The food, the place, and the care was poor. We would have never kept he... Read more