2 Assisted Living Facilities in Lincoln Parish, LA
To help you with your search, browse the 1 review below for assisted living facilities in Lincoln Parish. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Lincoln Parish 5.0 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Lincoln Parish, call (855) 863-8283.
Browse Assisted Living by city: Assisted Living in Ruston
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Lincoln Parish
Lincoln Parish in north Louisiana is known for its abundance of peach orchards and offers a calm, relaxing lifestyle for seniors seeking a peaceful setting. The parish has approximately 47,700 residents, and 13.2 percent of those residents are aged 65 or older. Two assisted living facilities in Lincoln Parish are available to cater to this senior population.
In Lincoln Parish, as in all of Louisiana, assisted living communities are referred to as Adult Residential Care Providers (ARCPs) by the Louisiana Department of Health, which licenses and regulates them. ARCPs are classified into four categories based on how many residents live there, the type of accommodations provided and the level of care offered.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Lincoln Parish
- Lincoln Parish has an array of community resources for seniors, including the Lincoln Council on Aging, an organization that provides advocacy, educational classes, transportation services and recreational activities for seniors.
- Crime rates in Lincoln Parish are higher than the U.S. average. Violent crime scores 59.8 on a 100-point scale, compared to 31.1 for the national average, and property crime has a rank of 60.3 compared to 39.1 for the rest of the U.S. Families of seniors living in an assisted living community in Lincoln Parish should ask about how the facility keeps residents safe from crime.
- Seniors living in an assisted living facility in Lincoln Parish may be able to take advantage of favorable tax laws that help them stretch their budgets. Louisiana doesn't tax social security or public pensions at all and offers some exemptions for private pensions and other forms of retirement income, including 401K plans.
- Lincoln Parish is home to world-class medical facilities, including Northern Louisiana Medical Center, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- The climate in Lincoln Parish is fairly mild, and the parish has an average of 214 sunny days per year, which is more than the national average. Winter temperatures reach just below freezing, but snow is rare, while summers tend to be warm and humid. The generally comfortable climate offers active seniors plenty of opportunities to get outside and enjoy nature.
- Lincoln Parish has a cost of living about 9.7 percent lower than the average across the U.S. Transportation is generally inexpensive in Lincoln parish compared to other places, but health care can be slightly more costly, which could be of concern to seniors with significant health care needs.
Paying for Assisted Living in Lincoln Parish
Average Monthly Costs
Counties in Louisiana
Assisted Living costs in Lincoln Parish start around $0 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Lincoln Parish and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Lincoln Parish
Louisiana's Medicaid Long Term Care Services program may provide financial assistance to qualified seniors in ARCPs in Lincoln Parish.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Louisiana page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Louisiana page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Lincoln Parish
Lincoln Parish and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Lincoln Parish, please visit our Assisted Living in Louisiana page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Lincoln Parish
Lincoln Parish-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Louisiana are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Louisiana page for more information about these laws.
Assisted Living near Lincoln Parish, LA
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Lincoln Parish
Review of Russ Place
When i went to visit Russ House I liked it. It is a place where I would commend people to go. It is very nice and a clean place. Read more