4 Assisted Living Facilities in Bossier Parish, LA
The average cost of assisted living in Bossier Parish is $2,948 per month. This is lower than the national median of $3,500. Cheaper nearby regions include Caddo Parish with an average starting cost of $2,806.
To help you with your search, browse the 34 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Bossier Parish. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Bossier Parish 4.2 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped 5 families in Bossier Parish find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Bossier Parish, call (855) 863-8283.
Browse Assisted Living by city: Assisted Living in Bossier City
4 Assisted Living Facilities in Bossier Parish, LA
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Bossier Parish
Bossier Parish is located in scenic northwestern Louisiana and includes the parish seat of Bossier City along with an array of nature viewing areas, casinos and historical sites to keep active seniors entertained. The parish has over 126,000 residents, and seniors make up about 13.9 percent of the population. Three assisted living communities in the parish cater to seniors in the area.
In Louisiana, including in Bossier Parish, assisted living facilities are classified into four categories based on the number of residents and the type of care provided. Known as Adult Residential Care Providers (ARCPs), these facilities are regulated and licensed by the Louisiana Department of Health.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Bossier Parish
- Bossier Parish has a low cost of living, which can be useful for seniors on a budget. Compared to the average across the U.S., the cost of living in Bossier City is about 4.6 percent lower.
- The climate in Bossier Parish blends a classic continental weather pattern with the warm subtropical climate of the deep south. Summers tend to be hot and humid, while winters are mild with occasional days dipping slightly below the freezing point. Families considering ARCPs in the area might want to ask about available outdoor activities in different seasons and how the facility handles extreme weather.
- Bossier Parish is home to world-class medical facilities, including Oschner LSU Health Shreveport and Willis-Knighton Bossier Health Center, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- The air quality in Bossier Parish is fairly good, and the parish received a B grade from the American Lung Association for ozone levels. Seniors with respiratory illnesses and conditions might appreciate the fresh, clean air of Bossier Parish.
- The state of Louisiana doesn't tax social security benefits, public pensions or some types of retirement income, which can help seniors in Bossier City better manage their budgets.
- Bossier Parish has an array of community resources for seniors, including the Bossier Council on Aging, an organization that provides information resources, legal aid, recreation programs and transportation options for seniors as well as running two senior centers in the area.
Paying for Assisted Living in Bossier Parish
Average Monthly Costs
Counties in Louisiana
Assisted Living costs in Bossier Parish start around $2,915 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Bossier Parish and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Bossier Parish
Seniors living in an ARCP in Bossier Parish who meet income and age eligibility requirements may qualify for financial assistance through the Louisiana Medicaid Long Term Care program.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Louisiana page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Louisiana page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Bossier Parish
Bossier Parish and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Bossier Parish, please visit our Assisted Living in Louisiana page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Bossier Parish
Bossier Parish-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Louisiana are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Louisiana page for more information about these laws.
Other Options in Bossier Parish, LA
Assisted Living near Bossier Parish, LA
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Bossier Parish
Review of Brookdale Bossier City
My uncle actually loves it there at Brookdale Bossier City, he says the food is fantastic and the people are so nice. It's been such a relief to the family because we don't have to worry about him ... Read more
Review of Bloom at Bossier
My mother moved into the assisted living of Bloom at Bossier. It's a great facility, I like the residents and the staff, and the food is good. The staff is friendly and accommodating. They have a c... Read more
Review of The Blake at Bossier City
The Blake at Bossier City is a beautiful and very nice place. Everybody is wonderful. My mom has already moved in. The food is delicious and wonderful. There's nothing I can say bad about the place... Read more