9 Assisted Living Facilities in Caddo Parish, LA
The average cost of assisted living in Caddo Parish is $2,810 per month. This is lower than the national median of $3,500. Cheaper nearby regions include Marion County with an average starting cost of $2,450.
To help you with your search, browse the 79 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Caddo Parish. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Caddo Parish 4.2 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Harrison County with an average rating of 5.0 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped 8 families in Caddo Parish find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Caddo Parish, call (855) 863-8283.
Browse Assisted Living by city: Assisted Living in Shreveport
Top 5 Assisted Living Facilities in Caddo Parish, LA
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Caddo Parish
Caddo Parish in northwest Louisiana is brimming with local restaurants featuring tasty Louisiana cuisine, scenic natural areas and lively seasonal festivals, so there's plenty for active seniors to see and do. The parish is home to over 246,000 residents, and about 16.5 percent of those residents are age 65 or older. Nine assisted living facilities, called Adult Residential Care Providers (ARCPs) throughout the state, are located in Caddo Parish to cater to this senior population.
ARCPs in Caddo Parish are regulated and licensed by the Louisiana Department of Health and grouped into four categories based on the number of residents in the assisted living community, the type of care provided and the kinds of accommodations available.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Caddo Parish
- The cost of living in Caddo Parish is 14.9 percent lower than the U.S. average, and health care in the area is 5 percent lower than the national average making it ideal for seniors on a budget.
- Seniors in assisted living in Caddo Parish can breathe easy knowing that the air quality in the region is extremely good. The American Lung Association gives the parish an A grade for both ozone levels and 24-hour particle pollution.
- The state of Louisiana is tax-friendly for seniors, exempting social security, public pensions, some retirement income and some private pensions from state taxes. Seniors in assisted living facilities in Caddo Parish can use these tax breaks to help their money go further.
- Caddo Parish is home to world-class medical facilities, including Ochsner LSU Health Shreveport, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- Within Caddo Parish, public transportation is provided by SporTran, which operates buses within the Shreveport-Bossier City region. Seniors living in Caddo Parish are eligible for a card that lets them ride the bus for half the normal fare.
- Caddo Parish has an array of community resources for seniors, including the Caddo Council on Aging (CCOA), an organization that provides legal services, referrals and information to seniors, as well as operating 14 senior centers and senior recreation sites throughout the region.
Paying for Assisted Living in Caddo Parish
Average Monthly Costs
Counties in Louisiana
Assisted Living costs in Caddo Parish start around $2,350 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Caddo Parish and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Caddo Parish
In Caddo Parish, residents of assisted living facilities may be eligible for financial assistance through Louisiana Medicaid Long-Term Care Services.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Louisiana page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Louisiana page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Caddo Parish
Caddo Parish and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Caddo Parish, please visit our Assisted Living in Louisiana page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Caddo Parish
Caddo Parish-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Louisiana are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Louisiana page for more information about these laws.
Other Options in Caddo Parish, LA
Assisted Living near Caddo Parish, LA
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Caddo Parish
Review of The Glen Retirement System
Some neglect first few months my relative lived here. After Covid hit, lots of neglect, then LOTs of untruths. My relative passed away and the neglect and untruthfulness all came out. Do not trust ... Read more
Review of The Gables at Spring Lake Assisted Living
I have met some really nice and friendly people there. The employees are amazing!! They always give you their best to make you smile and make you happy. I have been at the Gables the middle of 2018... Read more
Review of Brookdale Shreveport
Qualified staff, they are caring and patient Read more