2 Assisted Living Facilities in Coffeyville, KS
The average cost of assisted living in Coffeyville is $3,232 per month. This is lower than the national median of $3,400.
To help you with your search, browse the 4 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Coffeyville. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Coffeyville 4.5 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Coffeyville, call (855) 863-8283.
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Coffeyville
Coffeyville, Kansas was originally settled by the Osage Indians who created a trail through the city to hunt buffalo; however, the city was named after James Coffey, who traded with the Indians and founded the city in 1869. This historically rich city is home to 1,868 seniors, some of whom may be in need of assisted living services. To support those seniors, the city is home to two assisted living facilities.
In Coffeyville and throughout Kansas, assisted living facilities and residential care facilities are licensed and overseen by The Secretary of Aging and Disability Services.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Coffeyville
- In Coffeyville and in all of Kansas, seniors are fully taxed on both retirement savings account income and pensions, which could make it difficult for seniors with restrictive budgets who want to retire in the area.
- The Coffeyville area is home to world-class medical facilities, including Coffeyville Regional Medical Center, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- Coffeyville has a low cost of living which could be beneficial to seniors with low incomes looking to retire in the area. The cost of living in the city is 70.4, almost 30 points lower than the national average of 100. Seniors may pay less for groceries, healthcare and transportation here.
- On a scale where 100 represents the areas with the best air quality, the city has a rank of 46, considerably lower than the national average of 58. The air quality in Coffeyville is lower than the national average, which might be a deterrent for seniors with health conditions like COPD or asthma.
- Coffeyville has high crime rates with a violent crime rate of 42.1 and a property crime rate of 85.5, both significantly higher than the national averages of 22.7 and 35.4, respectively. Seniors may want to travel the city in groups, and take an inventory of their surroundings when out and about.
- Sperling’s Comfort Index gives the city a score of 47 out of 100. Coffeyville has hot, humid summers with temperatures reaching 91 degrees. In the winter, temperatures drop down to 23 degrees, and the city gets 16 inches of snow, 10 less than the national average of 26.
Note: Data reported on this page was updated in 2019 and based on the latest 2018 figures.
Paying for Assisted Living in Coffeyville
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Kansas
Assisted Living costs in Coffeyville start around $3,232 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Coffeyville and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Coffeyville
Low-income seniors who need help paying for an assisted living facility may be able to get help via the HCBS/FE Waiver.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Kansas page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Kansas page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Coffeyville
Coffeyville and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Coffeyville, please visit our Assisted Living in Kansas page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Coffeyville
Coffeyville-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Kansas are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Kansas page for more information about these laws.
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Coffeyville
Review of Asbury Village
The staff at Asbury Village was very knowledgeable, courteous, and friendly. We really liked the apartment that she showed us. It was a nice one-bedroom duplex with big rooms and a nice kitchen wit... Read more
Review of Asbury Village
Our overall experience at Asbury Village was really good. They had assisted living in one spot and independent living in another spot. It was reasonable. They had a deposit and accepted dogs. It wa... Read more
Review of Assisted Living at Windsor Place
My husband was at Windsor Place, and this facility is very, very good. He has his own room with TV and a refrigerator. He is comfortable with this facility. Read more