2 Assisted Living Facilities in Morrison, IL
The average cost of assisted living in Morrison is $3,970 per month. This is higher than the national median of $3,600.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Morrison, call (855) 863-8283.
2 Assisted Living Facilities in Morrison, IL
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Morrison
Morrison is situated in the northwestern region of Illinois and has a rich history that stretches back to the 1830s. Today, residents can learn about the area's history at the Heritage Museum, which offers free admission to all visitors. This small city has just over 4,000 residents, about 20% of whom are aged 65 and over.
Morrison seniors have two assisted living facilities to choose from. In this city, as in all of Illinois, assisted living facilities are divided into two categories, including personal care homes and assisted living residences. Assisted living residences are licensed by the Department on Aging, and personal care homes are licensed through the Department of Public Health.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Morrison
- Morrison has a higher crime rate than 86% of Illinois cities, and the odds of a resident being the victim of any type of crime is one in 36. Seniors may want to seek out an assisted living facility that offers security features like alarm systems.
- Morrison's summers are warm and rainy with highs around 84 degrees, and winters are windy and cold with highs around 30 degrees. The area receives about 30 inches of snowfall per year, which is near the national average of 26 inches. This may be a consideration for seniors who use mobility aids.
- The cost of living in Morrison is nearly 20% below state and national averages, which may make the city a financially viable option for seniors on a budget. However, healthcare expenses, including routine care and hospital stays, are about 15% higher than the national average, which may be a concern for retirees with chronic medical conditions.
- Morrison seniors do not pay state income tax on income from Social Security, retirement accounts or pensions, even on income that is taxed at the federal level. Property and sales taxes in Illinois are quite high, however, which may leave less money in the budget for assisted living services.
- The Morrison area is home to world-class medical facilities, including Morrison Community Hospital, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
Note: Data reported on this page was updated in 2019 and based on the latest 2018 figures.
Paying for Assisted Living in Morrison
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Illinois
Assisted Living costs in Morrison start around $3,970 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Morrison and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Morrison
Morrison seniors who meet income and asset guidelines may receive assisted living services with no out-of-pocket costs through the Supportive Living Program and the Managed Long-Term Services and Supports program.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Illinois page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Illinois page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Morrison
Morrison and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Morrison, please visit our Assisted Living in Illinois page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Morrison
Morrison-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Illinois are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Illinois page for more information about these laws.