2 Assisted Living Facilities in Mendota, IL
To help you with your search, browse the 2 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Mendota. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Mendota 4.5 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Ottawa with an average rating of 5.0 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Mendota, call (855) 863-8283.
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Mendota
In spite of its relatively small size, the city of Mendota is home to over 325 acres of parkland, over a quarter of which are lakeside, where visitors can fish and enjoy walking trails and picnic areas. The city is home to over 7,000 residents, about 19% of whom are age 65 and over. There are two local assisted living facilities for seniors to choose from.
In Mendota, as is the case in all of Illinois, assisted living facilities provide personal care services and assistance with daily living activities. These facilities are governed by the Illinois Department of Public Health.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Mendota
- The crime rate in Mendota is 34 out of 100, meaning that the city is safer than 34% of cities of all sizes across the nation. Compared to the rest of Illinois, the city's crime rate is higher than 75% of cities. Seniors may want to seek out an assisted living community that has features like security cameras and high-security locks.
- Mendota has a relatively cool climate, with summer highs in the low-80s and winter lows around 16 degrees. Summers tend to be fairly humid, which may be a consideration for seniors with conditions like asthma or COPD.
- Mendota is a very affordable place to live, with the overall cost of living coming in at 20% below both the state and national averages. The cost of utilities and groceries are on par with the national average, although healthcare expenses are about eight percent higher than in the nation as a whole. Real estate is very affordable here, however, which may reduce the cost of assisted living and leave more money in the budget for other living expenses.
- Seniors in Mendota do not pay state income tax on any type of retirement income, even that which is taxed at the federal level. This may let them put more money toward assisted living expenses.
- The Mendota area is home to world-class medical facilities, including OSF HealthCare Saint Paul Medical Center, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- Mendota has an array of community resources for seniors, including the Mendota Area Senior Services, an organization that provides local seniors with transportation services, congregate meals and social events.
Note: Data reported on this page was updated in 2019 and based on the latest 2018 figures.
Paying for Assisted Living in Mendota
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Illinois
Assisted Living costs in Mendota start around $0 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Mendota and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Mendota
In Mendota, low-income seniors may qualify for one of two programs that pay for assisted living services, including the Supportive Living Program and the Managed Long-Term Services and Supports program.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Illinois page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Illinois page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Mendota
Mendota and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Mendota, please visit our Assisted Living in Illinois page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Mendota
Mendota-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Illinois are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Illinois page for more information about these laws.
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Mendota
Review of Stonecroft Village Retirement Community
I live on the independent side in a two-bedroom apartment, which is quite spacious. There are also one-bedroom units. Room & board includes 20 meals per month. Additional noon meals (for yourse... Read more
Review of Stonecroft Village Retirement Community
Stonecroft Village is a beautiful facility. The staff were very attentive and caring. I feel that the residents get very good care there. They are very attentive and very helpful. They do have a re... Read more