3 Assisted Living Facilities near Dardanelle, AR
There are 3 Assisted Living Facilities in the Dardanelle area, with 1 in Dardanelle and 2 nearby.
To help you with your search, browse the 8 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Dardanelle. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Dardanelle 5.0 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Dardanelle, call (855) 863-8283.
1 Assisted Living Facility in Dardanelle, AR
2 Assisted Living Facilities near Dardanelle, AR
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Dardanelle
Dardanelle is located in Yell County, Arkansas, on the banks of the Arkansas River. This small town has a modest population of around 4,500 and is one of the oldest cities in the state. Seniors here can choose from one assisted living facility in town and four in the surrounding areas. The Arkansas Department of Human Services, DHS Division of Aging and Adult Services, Office of Long-Term Care is responsible for the regulation of these communities.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Dardanelle
- Seniors who enjoy the outdoors will find plenty to do in Dardanelle as the town has several local parks such as Lake Dardanelle State Park, Holla Bend National Wildlife Refuge and Mount Nebo State Park along with nearby Ozark and Ouachita National Forests. The Dardanelle Senior Activity Center offers seniors a social calendar that includes events such as games, book clubs, exercise programs and dinners.
- The cost of living in Dardanelle is 20 percent lower than the U.S. average, which can be beneficial for seniors on a budget. Housing, transportation, groceries and health-care costs are all below national medians.
- The weather in Dardanelle varies by season. Summers can get quite hot with average temperatures in July reaching 92 degrees. Winters are cold and wet with lows of 29 degrees in January. This may cause difficulties for seniors who do not do well with extreme weather variations. Snowfall is well below average at 3 inches per year, and the town gets rainfall of about 49 inches annually.
Violent and property crimes have above-average scores of 45 and 59.1 out of 100, with 100 representing high crime. This may be a factor for seniors wishing to live in a safer area.
- Dardanelle has no public bus system going through town, which may make it difficult for seniors who don’t drive. However, the Area Agency on Aging of Western Arkansas provides transportation to medical appointments, shopping and social activities.
- Arkansas does not tax Social Security benefits, so seniors can have more money to put toward assisted living. The state does tax other retirement income but exempts a certain portion.
Paying for Assisted Living in Dardanelle
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Arkansas
Assisted Living costs in Dardanelle start around $0 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Dardanelle and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Dardanelle
Seniors in need of financial assistance may apply for two Medicaid Waivers to help pay for personal services: ARChoices in Homecare and the Living Choices Assisted Living Waiver. The Independent Choices Program provides a cash allowance for seniors to use on personal care.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Arkansas page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Arkansas page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Dardanelle
Dardanelle and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Dardanelle, please visit our Assisted Living in Arkansas page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Dardanelle
Dardanelle-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Arkansas are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Arkansas page for more information about these laws.
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Dardanelle
Review of Home Place of Dardanelle
Home Place is a great choice for anyone considering an assisted living facility. I had a close personal friend that chose assisted living because it came him the security of knowing that he would ... Read more