Somerby of Mobile

Reviews of Somerby of Mobile

Assisted Living Reviews for Somerby of Mobile

June 14, 2016

By Creynold

My mother and step father have had a home at Somerby for many years. Following my step father's death several years ago, my mother began having increasing difficulty living independently. She moved into Assisted Living where she received PT and OT as well as nursing care which enabled her to become more active. In a matter of 4 months, she was able to return to her own home where she has been now for appoximately 8 months. I give much of the credit to the staff for encouraging her to get out of her room and become more active and independent.

June 19, 2015

By Nana1219

My mother was the resident and after 9 days had experienced many falls without a care plan implemented to help decrease the falls. Care givers never checked on my mother to see if she needed assistance.

Independent Living Reviews for Somerby of Mobile

Continuing Care Retirement Community Reviews for Somerby of Mobile

June 29, 2012

By ClaireMc

I was a Resident in an Independent Living Facility for 7 months and thoroughly recommend it. There was plenty to do--planned activities plus others on-site, much going on most of time. If you wanted to participate you could; otherwise stay in your spacious apartment - excellent food choices, very special people who were friendly and enjoyable plus transportation to food stores and other facilities - doctors etc. One Suggestion: Have your present living conditions taken care of: If you own your home, get it situated as Sell or Give to children before you move! That is what I did not do and ended up with Home expenses and Facility Expenses which did not last too long and if you go back home it is hard to make the break again. I have gone down physically and a bit otherwise since I returned home but haven't given up hope. MOVE while you are able. One regret: Did not insist we move while my husband was living as he would have loved being around so many nice people-someone to talk to-but he insisted he wasn't "leaving his home" but I was the one eventually who hasn't left, here alone. Make the Break! Jean

September 10, 2011

By Adrien

Sommerby of Mobile, AL is beautiful. I make daily trips to its several acre campus and I am always in awe of how nice the scenery is. Upon entering the assisted living facility you notice the cleanliness of the building and the attention to detail that the staff has for their job. The dining room is nicely done, set up like a high quality restaurant, which serves high quality food. There is even private dining for those residents who wish to have guests accompany them. For excersise there is a small, but adequate pool for the residents to keep muscles from deteriorating. I only wish I could go there if I were to ever need help living.

July 26, 2011

By BethieBoo

Assisted living is one part of the total equation of Somerby- the campus in West Mobile has garden homes and patio homes and apartments too. When a resident needs to move to assisted living, they are already familiar with where they will be going, as assisted living shares many of the same facilities. I have visited friends of my family there often. It is a beautiful facility that continually brings in new ideas for keeping the residents as engaged as they want to be in the various activities available.
See all Continuing Care Retirement Community reviews (7) See fewer reviews

Costs for Somerby of Mobile

Cost of Continuing Care Retirement Community

Photos of Somerby of Mobile

Services and Amenities of Somerby of Mobile

• Housing Extra: Independent Villa 2 Bd/2 Ba With Screened Porch Approximately 1,230 Sq. Ft (Same Amenities And Much More)

• Hiking Trails

• Vegetarian

• Independent Living Starting At: $1995/month
  • Continuing Care Retirement Community Starting At: $2235/month

• About Somerby of Mobile

Our mission is to inspire and nurture successful aging each and every day, and we encourage every resident of our active rental retirement community to reach out and grab more of life while they keep control of their future. Our programming centerpiece, Masterpiece Living, partners with the Mayo Clinic for an exclusive, groundbreaking approach to wellness.

We also offer independent living apartment homes and villas, private assisted living and memory care residences, and respite accommodations all on site, a no-entry fee approach, all-inclusive pricing and valuable health care benefit worth hundreds of dollars if care is ever needed. Plus, true maintenance-free living surrounded by resort-style services and amenities, and a wide variety of activities to keep you active, engaged and healthy.

We call it The Somerby Spark, and it ignites the difference between our active retirement lifestyle and anything else.

Comprehensive pricing structure - Featuring Masterpiece Living, a research-based initiative developed in conjunction with the Mayo Clinic to bring a holistic well being approach - Licensed nurse on site 24/7 - Meals planned by a registered dietician - Indoor heated aerobic pool and exercise center

Map of Somerby of Mobile