Skaalen Retirement Services Inc

Reviews of Skaalen Retirement Services Inc

Nursing Home Reviews for Skaalen Retirement Services Inc

December 28, 2016

By Terry475243

My mother is in Skaalen Nursing & Rehab Center right now. From my sister’s house, it’s probably 30 minutes away, and from my brother, it is 15 minutes away. Her room is small but adequate, clean, and very accommodating. They do a nice job.

July 25, 2016

By Steven Corse

Skaalen Center is wonderful home filled with excellent staff. Micheal Hecht is a great asset to the facility. He works extremely well with the patients and provides wonderful weekly programs.

July 05, 2012

By M20106

The staff was extremely helpful and kind. The facilities were very clean and well cared for. There was spirited decor and activities going on everyday. Amenities seemed to be very adequate including exercising rooms, communal rooms for tv and conversation, planned activities, and more. The grounds are well kept, especially nice in the spring. Religious services are held in a chapel on site, making things very accessible for residents. My great grandparents seemed to be content with their living arrangements here. They were very well looked after and in the case where something did arise, health wise, the local hospital is attached to the facility itself. It seems like a more dignified place to be when assisted living is necessary.

November 02, 2011

By Dave3

Well, I've visited this nursing home as part of a program and at first I hated the whole idea. I didn't like nursing homes, but after a short time there meeting the residents and visiting the facility itself, I loved it. I made many friends there both residents and staff and was very happy with the way the staff took care of the residents. Everything was clean and neat and everybody was so friendly and bright. Also, this nursing home is right next to the hospital which in a way is a very good thing. Accidents happen and they are all ready to take great care of whatever comes their way. The Skaalen Nursing Home is where i'd want to be put if i went into retirement!

August 12, 2011

By suestoo

Both my mother-in-law and my father-in-law did rehab here after a broken hip. The staff is very caring and considerate. They went out of their way to treat the residents with respect. It is a large facility, but kept in good condition. The rehab unit is newer and the rooms are larger but the rest of the building is nice also. They have a chapel which is nice for those who like to attend services on Sunday. There is a small room with tables and chairs and free coffee and cookies where families can gather. There is also a room which any family can reserve for a gathering free of charge. We used it for Father's Day and there was china and silverware and free coffee. The staff cleaned up the room after us. The Physical Therapy staff is available even on weekends to hasten your rehab. Medicare paid for services during this rehab, but because it is skilled nursing, Skaalen can get expensive once the resident is on private pay. They do accept Medicaid, however, once a resident is out of funding. The facility has a unique feel -- located in the Norwegian community of Stoughton, the common rooms and hallways are decorated with Norwegian rosemaling, making it look very homey and welcoming.

Continuing Care Retirement Community Reviews for Skaalen Retirement Services Inc

About Skaalen Retirement Services Inc

Skaalen Retirement Services Inc is a senior living provider in Stoughton, Wisconsin that offers residents Assisted Living, Nursing Homes, Nursing Homes, and Continuing Care Communities. Contact Skaalen Retirement Services Inc for more details on services and rates.

Map of Skaalen Retirement Services Inc