Maple Ridge Memory Care

Reviews of Maple Ridge Memory Care

Memory Care Reviews for Maple Ridge Memory Care

February 27, 2019

By Erle

We chose Maple Ridge for my mom and it looks like they have good management and good memory care unit. It looked like they had everything we needed. The food is good, flavorful, and there's plenty of variety. The staff is very friendly, helpful and any time I needed anything, I just asked and they're able to get it done or find someone to get it done. They seem to be attentive and my mother loves the staff. They call them her "little warriors" and they take very good care of her. The rooms are very spacious, bright and have nice big windows. They're very comfortable, plenty of closet space, a little sink, kitchenette, microwave, but no stove. They bring everyone together for activities for most of the day for exercise, games, and live music. They have a big meeting room which they call a Town Square where everyone comes in, and there's someone at the front desk to make sure guests and visitors come and go appropriately and none of the residents get out because they have a few that want to sneak out whenever they can. Security seems to be good.

February 01, 2019

By Diane

Maple Ridge Memory Care was very clean, and I liked the layout of the place. There's a lot I liked about it, but there wasn't a lot of personal interaction that I've seen. The doors were closed, and it felt like a hotel. I think that for some people, it would be great. I really liked the layout of the rooms and how they're spacious. The person who accommodated me was great. She answered all my questions and took a lot of time with me. She was very understanding, and I really liked that person. But I didn't actually interact with a lot of people there. I saw the dining area and the menu, although I didn't try the food. The dining area's really nice. They were getting ready for a holiday party, which I thought was fun.
See all Memory Care reviews (6) See fewer reviews

Costs for Maple Ridge Memory Care

Photos of Maple Ridge Memory Care

Services and Amenities of Maple Ridge Memory Care

• Companion Suites: We Do Offer Companion Suites

• Pets: No Pets Allowed

About Maple Ridge Memory Care

Welcome to Maple Ridge, a truly nurturing and loving setting for seniors with memory loss. We take the time to learn about our residents and celebrate their uniqueness every day. We love their families and truly work with them to ensure a transparent, honest, and supportive partnership in care.

Maple Ridge is the only memory care community in Chittenden County with its entire leadership team trained as Dementia Certified Practitioners.

To help our residents truly thrive despite the limitations of their memory loss, our memory care program is intentionally named AspireCare. To that end, we custom design a thoughtful rhythm to each resident’s day that includes all of the research-proven components of good care for those with Alzheimer’s and related dementias.

We aspire to provide the best possible life for our residents and do not let their memory loss limit them. Our days start with appropriate, nutritious meals, senior-friendly exercise, meaningful activities that provide purpose, entertainment, trips, and music, and ends with a good night’s sleep. Our nursing staff is unobtrusively there, to help with any health care needs that may arise.

At Maple Ridge Memory Care, AspireCare is both our lifestyle and our therapy program. This unique holistic program of nurturing care is offered to every resident. Maple Ridge is exclusively for seniors with memory loss, therefore, we regularly train our entire staff in techniques specific to Alzheimer’s and related disorders. This unique approach is how we incorporate the latest in advanced research and personalize it to each resident’s interests and needs every day.

Aspire Care Basic Tenets

Advanced Communications Techniques

We know in that in normal communication what you say is of primary importance. However, in the case of seniors who are losing their ability to process information, how you say something is more important. Our communications training is extensive, unique, and deeply meaningful to our residents and staff.

The Rhythm of the Day

We have learned that consistency is vital to our residents. We begin each day with slow, comforting waking routines as well as a nutritious breakfast. The day continues with easy warm up activities to help residents gain confidence. After lunch, each resident continues the day with more active, physical, and mental activities designed in a personalized manner. For example, our exclusive Down Home Cooking® program is often happening resulting in a favorite afternoon treat. The rhythm of the day winds down with a light dinner often accompanied by soothing instrumental music. Comforting movies or reading aloud may occur before getting ready for a good night’s sleep.

Advanced Wellness Care

At Maple Ridge Memory Care, we take great pride in our customized and thorough staff training for our RNs, LPNs and nurses’ aides. Each member of our leadership team is a Certified Dementia Practitioner. In addition, our AspireCare training for all direct care staff far exceeds Vermont requirements and is the cornerstone of our care. We also partner with community experts and specialists in various healthcare fields to provide exceptional and holistic care for our residents.

Research-Based Dining Program

Research tells us that along with appropriate activity and good health care, diet is vital to maintaining health, particularly for those with memory loss. Our compassionate dining program is a significant component of AspireCare. It stimulates appetite with an appropriate dining room atmosphere and choices that are best for those with limited dining ability. Our food is homemade, not preprocessed, and has the right mix of fresh and Vermont-sourced vegetables, whole grains and proteins to maximize enjoyment and health. Sugar and fat are kept to a minimum, but never to the extent that food is not delicious!

Our community has a unique "town feel" that provides a sense of calm to our residents, since they are able to freely walk about spaces that have familiarity to them, from the murals to all the other visual aspects of our community. Maple Ridge doesn't feel at all like a secured memory care community; there is no feeling of confinement.

Map of Maple Ridge Memory Care