Berlin Health & Rehab Center

Reviews of Berlin Health & Rehab Center

Nursing Home Reviews for Berlin Health & Rehab Center

October 11, 2016

By MBT1923

Privately held, BHRC is under new management. I have yet to see a facility that has excellent care, even publicly held. Activities people are EXTREMELY awesome, and a constant of reliable, caring, creative act. staff. Medical nursing care is efficient, but has had several staffing changes leading to inconsistent communications. LNAs are being trained ongoing, and staffing goals are being met more often recently. This is a problem everywhere, but something to be aware of here especially. Food is improving. Kitchen / serving staff are terrific, laundry is reliable, ongoing maintenance issues requiring constant attention. Cleanliness is at a new high in 2 years. If you have a family member/friend there, it is advisable to go at different times of day/week, and to make sure the business knows your person has an advocate. Set up clear communications with all services your loved one receives. Rehab people are professionals. For long term care, it is important to make sure your person doesn't get lost in the shuffle of indifference or unfamiliarity with the number of staff it takes to run a 24/7 facility. Speak to charge nurse, head of nursing, or director if you have any serious issues.

October 14, 2011

By leenie1

I was impressed with this facility. I had a friend who was residing in their care. They encourage and promote the residents participation in their activities of daily living, from their choice of food to the type of activities they like to attend. .They are allowed to feel important and empowered. The dining experience was elegant, the food amazing. The activities that they provide for the residents are much more than bingo or shuffle board. My friend unfortunatley died in this facility. When his death was impending, they provided hospice services and allowed him the one on one that was needed. I would recommend this nursing facility to others.

November 23, 2009

By alexinct

Need to improve on nursing home health care

My mother in law has been a resident there for a few years now. We live out of state and don't get up there very often. However we do keep in touch with my sister in law who visits the home several times a week. What I hear from her about the care she receives is appalling at times. She gets urinary track infections constantly. Her skin is raw in places. Her sugar levels are not looked at correctly at times to the point where she is incoherent. It takes an act of congress to get anything done. When my sister in law tries to get her taken care of, all she gets is excuses and resistance. The aides disappear, (not all of them), the nurses give lame excuses (not all of them). And to try to get a doctor involved, OMG! It takes an act of congress to get a hold of one in a timely fashion. This is absolutely rediculous. There were times that no one would give us a name of the administrator to get a hold of. What does someone have to do to get things done. Other serious issues have happened in the past. We didn't pursue it legally because we were told things would change and took their word for it. They haven't changed.

Services and Amenities of Berlin Health & Rehab Center

• Overall:
  • Date Certified: 10/01/2020

About Berlin Health & Rehab Center

Berlin Health & Rehab Center is a senior living provider in Barre, Vermont that offers residents Nursing Homes. Contact Berlin Health & Rehab Center for more details on services and rates.

Map of Berlin Health & Rehab Center