Reunion Court of Kingwood

Reviews of Reunion Court of Kingwood

Assisted Living Reviews for Reunion Court of Kingwood

January 02, 2019

By Ron

My wife liked Reunion Court of Kingwood. Holly Smith did an excellent job of touring us. The units were large, clean, nice, and very comfortable. The people were super friendly and had a lot of amenities that my wife likes. My wife and I both enjoyed it, and the place is within 20 minutes from my daughter. The staff was very helpful and explained everything.

Thanks for the feedback Ron! We are indeed proud of our beautiful community and so glad that our team was able to be a great resource for you. I look forward to seeing you and your wife again soon. Please feel free to let me know if I can be a resource to you during this process. You can email me or feel free to call at the community. -Jackie Younger, Executive Director

January 31, 2018

By AF

My wife is in a studio apartment in Brookdale Kingwood memory care, which is lower quality than others. Memory care is supervised by assisted living, and they don't pay much attention to it. They don't have very many amenities.

April 03, 2017

By s coulter

We moved our mother here in Feb 2017. We loved the East Coast feel of the outside ( where Mom grew up) and the friendly staff and residents inside. The cost was better than orthers in the neighborhood. She was later moved to assisted living as her health deteriorated. The care by the staff was very good and they were attentive to her. There was plenty of activities for her to do and nice dining room. She expressed she wished dinner was offered for the short time of her stay. She had a lovely sunny apt on the second floor with a patio. She would have been very happy there. Thanks to Sandy and Jackie for your compassion.

September 29, 2016

By Jill284676

I didn’t like Brookdale Kingwood nearly as much. For me, it felt like it was a little crowded.

We appreciate you taking the time to visit our community and for providing this feedback. We've passed it along to our management team for review. Please let us know if we can assist you with information on another one of our Brookdale communities that would better fit the environment you're looking for!

February 29, 2016

By Barbara120412950

My mother-in-law was at Brookdale Kingwood and she was not happy with some of the staff. They moved her out of the independent-living and put her in assisted-living. She should have been evaluated before she went into the independent-living section. It was not the care level that she needed but they let her stay for 4 months until they had to move her. The rooms were very small. She had a studio and the closet space was terrible; there was only one tiny closet. It didn’t meet her expectations any longer.

January 29, 2016

By Anthony25

Brookdale Kingwood was very attractive. The rooms were very nice. They were adequate for privacy, and yet the whole situation encouraged interaction with other adults. I walked by the dining area. They had tablecloths, tons of people that they could serve, and they could have food in their rooms if necessary. I would recommend the community. Their activities were mostly social activities for people that could go out, walk in the halls, watch TV, and play games. We all needed more social interaction in those circumstances so that was good.

December 30, 2015

By Happy Visitor12

The visit at Brookdale was informative. It appeared to be well-kept, clean and seemed to be comfortable. The people were pleasant and accommodating. I was disappointed that they didn’t have a swimming pool. They have shuttle van that takes various tours in scenic locations around the city, to the casino and they had an event there.

December 30, 2015

By Deanna5

I didn’t like the atmosphere at Brookdale Kingwood. It just didn’t feel good. The rooms were not large. The facility had some dingy areas, and it also had an odor. They did have movie nights, crafts, and bingo, and the staff was nice and welcoming, but they didn’t have the genuine feeling I had with other places.

December 15, 2015

By Greg27

Brookdale Kingwood was a very nice place. It had a memory care unit and assisted living, and everything was nice. The rooms were just too small for our taste for my dad. When I say they're three stars, I'm not criticizing. To me, a three is above average. The staff was very nice, pleasant, and helpful.

July 06, 2015

By Martha48

Brookdale Kingwood (The Terrace at Kingwood) was very nice. They showed me the assisted and independent living areas. When they found out my mother was still driving, they said I might be interested in the independent living. I thought the apartments were very nice. They had a full kitchen, and there was plenty of room. They had a social director, and they had activities posted. They had different rooms for different activities like games, cards, and dominoes. I really liked it.

April 30, 2015

By Peggy104453150

We will be using Brookdale for my mother while we are on vacation as a respite care. Hopefully, it is going to work out for me because it is my first time trying this. I am very impressed, or else I would not be putting her there. They have all sorts of things, but I don't know if my mother will be able to participate. We saw an example of the room. We did not see the actual room she will be in, but I am quite pleased. It is not large, but it has a twin size bed, a dresser, a little refrigerator, a big window where she can see out to a little garden area, and her own bathroom. I am pleased that you have your own bathroom and you don't have to share it with anyone. I am pleased with the staff that I met.

April 20, 2015

By Cheri13

My friend's mother is in Brookdale in Kingwood. The staff is excellent. Her room is gorgeous. She has a one-bedroom that has been upgraded with granite floors. The dining room looks great. It is very nice. Unfortunately, my friend's mom is not participating, but there are non-stop activities. They have exercise, movies, and external people coming in with health, wellness, and fitness suggestions. They take them out. She has all kinds of things available for her; she just isn't taking advantage of it. What impresses me is the option to move from different levels of care because my friend's mom does have some memory issues, and in the future, she will need assisted living. Secondly, it is a smaller community. I like the size of it. I did find the place secure and safe enough.

July 31, 2014

By Debbie90557550

Brookdale Plaza was absolutely gorgeous. The people who run it were very welcoming. The room my dad could afford was way too small though. It has just enough room for a chair and a twin size bed. They had a lot of activities such as gardening and dances. The dining room was very formal-looking and beautiful. They had chefs there, too.

June 30, 2014

By LovelyLady14

The Terrace (now Brookdale Plaza Kingwood) is very nice. We liked it. The grounds, the rooms, and the people were nice. They said when I brought my mom here that we could all have lunch or something. The girl that gave us the tour was really, really nice. The sanitation was excellent. What stood out was the way it was set up and the meeting area for people to go and hang out in. I like that part of it.

June 26, 2014

By Ann88010550

My visit to Brookdale Plaza was excellent. It didn't feel like an assisted living facility. It was not sterile. The sizes of the rooms, the atmosphere, and location would have been perfect for my mother. The staff could have been nicer. The arrangement of the facility for access to different areas was perfect. They had activities when we walked in, but I didn't necessarily participate in the activities. It would have been a perfect solution. I think, if she would have an open mind, it could have been a perfect place for her. She could have quality of life, she would be safe, and there could be someone in case of emergency. However, my mother was adamant about staying in Arizona.

May 22, 2014

The Terrace is very nice. It is always clean and always very good. The rooms are nice and roomy. They have hardwood floors. They are equipped with bath and shower. They have microwave, refrigerators, and freezer. Their closets are a nice size. The dining room is very clean and neat. The nurses and staff, they keep the room very nice. They do the laundry and clean the rooms for them once a week. They have three meals a day. We chose it for my dad because they can accommodate him. He is diabetic, and he has insulin four times a day. They are the only ones that can accommodate him because they have nurses. However, I wasn't too pleased with the way the contract was upheld, and the prices that they quote in there have been changed, but as far as the nurses who care for my father, I cannot ask for a better staff. They work with him, and they are just very good.

April 28, 2014

Everything is beautiful at The Terrace of Kingwood. I was there for only 15 minutes, but I'm sure it's very clean; the rooms as well. It's just a totally different experience. The people there are like little grandmas and still functioning. However, It's like $3000. I can't afford it.

March 29, 2014

The Terraces at Kingwood was running a $1000 off per month special, and that fit into what my father-in-law could afford that time. I think they're a good community. He was there for almost a year. He had a companion room. It had two bedrooms on each side. When you walked in the door, there was a small kitchen that had a microwave, a refrigerator with a freezer, and a sink and things. There was also room to put a little dining table in. There was a bathroom with two sinks, and through another door was a shower. Each side of the bathroom was a room with a closet. He didn’t go to the dining area. He had his meals delivered to his rooms. The food was very bad as far as I'm concerned. The night of Christmas, their dinner was a sandwich with luncheon meat on it. They had bingo, outings every day to the grocery store or Wal-Mart, church services, sing-a-longs, and a children's choir came in, but he never participated in that. I know when he passed away they were planning a casino trip. The nurses and the CNAs were great, and they were good to him because he's not an easy person to get along with. There had to be a certain way that you handled him. Once I told them that, they adjusted accordingly. They dealt and handled him with minimal problems. The only problem that I saw was there was a lot of turnover.

January 29, 2014

I went to The Terrace at Kingwood because I was looking for a facility for my son. The lady that showed me around was very nice. The room was nice, but very small. I was only there a short period of time.

December 13, 2013

My parents are at The Terrace at Kingwood. Everything was fine there. The staff were caring and excellent. They were checking mom and dad well, but the price is just too high.

October 09, 2013

By Caring71206150

We placed my mother-in-law last August at The Terrace at Kingwood. The staff are very friendly and very caring. They cater to individual needs of the residents there and we are very happy with where she is right now.

September 09, 2013

By caring70295550

I've been to the Terrace at Kingwood twice. It was really nice. It was well kept and clean. It smelled really good, everything was bright and nice. The lady that I talked to was very informative; she showed me around, showed me all the rooms, and they've been updated. It was just really, really nice. The thing that I really liked about it was that it had three different levels of care. They had assisted living, independent living, and memory care, so whenever you need to move or transition from one level of care to the next, you just transfer to a different building, but you'd still be within the same facility.

July 25, 2013

By Joey4

The rooms at The Terrace at Kingwood are nice. The place is very clean and the people were very nice. We had no complaints.

July 05, 2012

By Evans_Alice

The atmosphere is very enjoyable for visitors. There are many amenities provided for the residents as well as plenty of common space for residents to have visitors and interact with each other. There was a dog there that the residents were particularly fond of when I visited. The staff are kind people and they are very attentive to the residents. The facility welcomes volunteers and I enjoyed every moment I had with the residents. They all have great stories to share and far too few people to share those stories with. The facility was very clean and well kept, including the individual rooms for the residents and the foyer area. The kitchen staff seemed knowledgeable and happy with their jobs. There were few areas for the residents to sit outside, but given that the Houston area is very hot, few residents want to spend much time outside. There were several benches out front for this purpose, but I feel that the facility would benefit from adding a few more. Overall, it is a very nice facility.

June 13, 2012

By commercesd

Knowing that we would be in the area, we decided to stop in to see the The Terrace - Kingwood assisted living facility. My brother's friend has always liked that area - and his family has members spread through region, so this location would be ideal for visiting. We really liked how well the staff provided information. They took the time to find out about my brother's friend and the things he likes. We were shown all of the common areas, all of which were really nice. There were plenty of scheduled and non-scheduled activities to choose from - including a book club discussions, hosted parties and events, socializing, group events and many other activities. They encourage physical activity, offer exercise classes and take excursions around the grounds and in the area. The grounds were all well manicured - with plenty of areas for residents to enjoy. We could envision that it would be a great place to spend time. The dining room was really lovely - as were all the adjacent communal areas. The food we saw looked and smelled delicious. The snacks offered include everything from specially designed and prepared baked goods (geared toward health) to fruits, vegetables and delicious puddings. Despite the fact that they were made to be healthy, they all looked like they tasted really good. The rooms we saw were all nicely decorated - and better looking than many we've seen at other places. This facility was a real pleasure to visit, with kind, caring and professional staff who take very good care of the residents.

Independent Living Reviews for Reunion Court of Kingwood

July 10, 2021

By Betty

Reunion Court of Kingwood was fine. I met the director who showed me around; it was very nice. They showed me a one-bedroom efficiency that was very small, but some of them had a den too. The cleanliness was fine, and the rooms were very nice.

June 26, 2021

By M.B.

The Reunion Court of Kingwood was not very nice. The carpets were old, the corridors and stuff like that were painted in a really mustardy color, and to me, it was very depressing. I would never go there. I didn't see the dining room because it was under construction. They had a flood or something like that, so they were eating in the snack room. The bedrooms too were painted with this awful blue color and it just didn't give you a warm and fuzzy feeling. The staff who gave the tour was fine. She was very nice, she walked us around and did her best. She also told me that they were going to update the room where they show the movies and have exercises and stuff like that. And they were putting in new carpets. But I mean, that wasn't all that needed to be done, that whole place needs an overhaul.

June 25, 2021

By Scott

Everyone in the Reunion Court of Kingwood was great. The model room that I saw was phenomenal, and it's probably one of the best looking rooms I've seen up in Minnesota. Plus, I think they were just set up really well because they had separate buildings for assisted living and memory care. Also, the place didn't get flooded, and that was important for me. The people were fantastic and the chef was phenomenal. He spent some time talking with us and I think she would love to talk to this guy because she's a big cook herself. We have some friends that live in Reunion Court of Kingwood through our church, so we're kind of acquainted with the place. Their facilities were just fantastic, it's all brand new, and the food was great. The chef even engages with the residents, like we saw him playing with another resident, so that was kind of neat. They have someone that does physical therapy too, and they got a separate room, and a separate group for that. There's also a movie room, a meeting room, and the whole facility was very nice and probably the best that I did see.

March 05, 2021

By Gigi

I toured Reunion Court of Kingwood. It was great. We did a physical tour and went and look at a room. We also did a virtual tour. The staff followed up twice and sent me videos, and she offered to work with me. She was very helpful, professional, and very nice. I saw a model room, and it was nice, clean, not very big, but it is sufficient. The person who gave me the tour was awesome, very professional, knowledgeable, helpful, and compassionate to my needs. She gave me a gift for coming in and touring and made me feel comfortable with leaving my father there. Other than having to close down for Covid, it looked like they had your typical area to play cards, bingo, or whatever they needed or chose to do. They had a swimming pool, exercise, and other typical amenities.

So happy you enjoyed your visit!! I would love to be able to let you come in to see us in person and show you around. We do not have a swimming pool but we can provide transportation to the YMCA for your swimming enjoyment!! Let me know how I can be of further help to you and your father as you make your decisions regarding his next home. Jackie Younger, Executive Director Reunion Court of Kingwood PS- we are running St. Patrick Day specials through the end of March! The luck of the Irish just might be with you!

February 04, 2021

By Adriana

I toured Reunion Court of Kingwood, it was a very nice tour. One of the nice things is, even with the studios, they actually had a full kitchen that included a stove, microwave and a refrigerator. That was a bonus for that location. The price was very comparable for the size and amenities. I only really saw a room and less of the full building. But to my understanding, they had a number of activities and a number of things to offer to the residents. The day I came, some folks were getting pronounced for singing holiday songs and the staff was working with them wonderfully to identify songs and getting them the music sheets. The staff there was very, very approachable and more than willing to help any of the residents. The location was good because it's in Kingwood, however, it was much further for me. Access for me personally, was what's really the drawback of the facility, and had to do with the duration time to drive to get there. I saw that they had the courtyard, a nice gathering area, and a good dining room. They probably have the library, and for senior and assisted living, they had the appropriate type of amenities.

We are so glad that you enjoyed your visit. We are indeed very proud of our community and our services. We absolutely have a library- 2 on the property actually! We understand location matters and wish you the best in finding the right spot for your loved one! Please feel free to reach out to us if we can be of further assistance. Jackie Younger, Executive Director

October 12, 2019

By Trudy

My sister and his husband are satisfied with Reunion Court of Kingwood. The community is very nice. The staff is very good. Their apartment is very nice, and they painted it before they moved in. It's a two-bedroom two-bath with a living room and a kitchen. They have activities, a library, and an exercise area.

March 02, 2019

By Kathy

The apartment I saw at Reunion Court of Kingwood was a handicap apartment. The bathrooms were so ugly and had huge big handicap showers. It was independent living, but they had assisted living. Everybody I saw looked 20 years older than me, in a wheelchair or barely making it with a walker. But the people were nice and welcoming. The apartment didn't have a dishwasher, but it had a tiny sink in the kitchen. You didn't have to pay extra for your two meals and you could go in and get lunch up until 5:30. It's very pretty on the outside and when you step in, but when you start towards the rooms, there's a huge difference. All the rooms were decorated by the people there. The two-bedroom two-bath apartment was only 800 square feet. They gave me a copy of their calendar of activities. They take you to the doctor, to church, they have a movie night, and they have a movie theater room. The bathrooms had no shelves or counters or drawers to put anything in. The staff was great. It's an older place.

July 11, 2018

By Ms. Sadie

The waiting area was dusty and dirty. the facility is very dated and needs a complete facelift. The views from the windows were the parking lot or a small courtyard.. I would not want to live there - I thought the place was depressing.

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We are committed to continuous quality service and have shared your concerns with our management team.

September 07, 2017

By EH

I have no problems with Brookdale Kingwood. The food is good, and everything is fine. Today is the first day they opened the restaurant because of the hurricane. I was down there at 3:45, and they told me they closed at 3:30 because they were understaffed. The front desk was supposed to inform me but they didn’t. There are things that are not perfect, but in general, the staff is really nice.

September 06, 2017

By Annette

Brookdale Kingwood looks pretty and aesthetically pleasing. It's clean, and the apartment is well done. They gave my mom an option of hardwood or carpet in her place. She was able to get a first-floor apartment that overlooked a nice, green area outside. She could walk out the door and take her dog out for a little while. They showed us around the apartments and gave us information. They're very nice people. Just before the flood came, they kept giving us reassurance that my mom would be taken care of. She needs electricity because she is on an oxygen concentrator, so they had a plan in place for her which they ended up executing because the power went out. They took her next door to the assisted living place, which went really well. They took good care of her and her dog. The executive director went to my mom's apartment, got everything she needed, took her over to the place where she was staying temporarily because they had a generator there. Everything was taken care of. I didn't have to worry about anything. They're also getting the generator put in there now in case the electricity goes off again. Everything is the highest quality. They need a little bit of more maintenance, but not much. The place is nice and better than any of the other places that we toured. They have a whole list of activities, and I see people playing cards.

October 04, 2016

By Bill744304

The layouts at Brookdale Kingwood were a little cramped, and you could not put a king size bed if you wanted to. The food was good, you have menus, and they serve it to your table. The square footage was used properly, but you have to go down the hall for washer and the dryer. It’s clean, but there’s a little bit of age to it.

May 28, 2015

By Rick35

Brookdale Kingwood is very nice. It has nice grounds, and the rooms are bigger. Everybody seems to be friendly. My mother has been living there now for three weeks, and she has confirmed that what we felt when we went there was absolutely right. The staff is very nice. The hospital is just a few blocks away.

November 11, 2014

By William101556450

I was able to visit Brookdale Kingwood. The facility was very nice and beautiful, but the problem is that I don't make enough money a month to be able to live there. The residents seemed very happy. I was able to see a room, and it's a decent size room. The facility is also clean, and there is no odor.

Thank you for taking the time to visit and share your thoughts about our community. Your feedback is always considered and appreciated!

Memory Care Reviews for Reunion Court of Kingwood

• Pool

• Pets: Yes

• Licenses: 100259

About Reunion Court of Kingwood

Always Exceptional. Every Lifestyle. Every Single Day!

Independent Living

Active, fun and worry-free! That’s your retirement lifestyle at Reunion Court of Kingwood. Take your choice of any one of our spacious apartments and then greet each day like a reunion in the company of good friends and family.

Assisted Living

We combine the warmth of home with personalized care services to meet the unique needs of every resident. Our family-like community features an active daily lifestyle of engaging social opportunities and enriching activities.

Memory Care

At Reunion Court of Kingwood, you have a dedicated partner — an entire team of caring professionals — that serves as an extension of your family in the care of a loved one. Each day is filled with purpose for body, mind and spirit.

We look forward to serving you and sharing more information about the exceptional senior lifestyle that awaits you or someone you love at Reunion Court of Kingwood.

Map of Reunion Court of Kingwood