Holiday The Clairmont Amarillo, TX

Offers Independent Living

4707 Bell St, Amarillo, TX 79109
Holiday The Clairmont (800) 385-2527
PROMOTION! 4 days

Great apartments. Great prices. Life is good at Holiday by Atria, and the residents agree - the safety, companionship and maintenance-free lifestyle of community living is worth every penny. Sign a lease by September 30 and enjoy 10% or 20% off select apartments.

Reviews of Holiday The Clairmont

Independent Living Reviews for Holiday The Clairmont

April 27, 2020

By VS

Our experience with The Clairmont was good. The staff was very good, but their rooms were older. It was an older facility. It was also darker. It didn't have nice living areas. Everyone I encountered seemed to be very nice. If my mother didn't need to move to assisted living in the next couple of years we would entertain The Clairmont. They had a balcony which was nice, and you could stand on it and see the street outside. The rooms were different sizes.

Thank you for stopping by to tour our beautiful community. While we understand we may not be a great fit for your mother at this time, we appreciate your kind words and positive feedback. Thank you!

October 31, 2019

By Melissa

My father is at The Clairmont. The rooms are nice, but not super fancy. The food is good and served in a good way. The staff seems great, too. They bring in people who sing, they had a magician, and they have walks and outings. They've got a calendar with all the different activities. The building is a little older.

January 19, 2019

By ybbed

The rooms are nice with outside patio! Very welcoming and clean. Most of the staff are friendly and personable. They have a very nice dining area , rec room, library and visiting area. They have really updated inside and out! My dad has been there 4 yrs and all considered I am very happy he is there.

January 01, 2019

By Judy

I didn't see anything wrong with The Clairmont, but I'm looking at the atmosphere and the people and feeling a certain energy. It was fine as far as cleanliness. It wasn't bad, but it wasn't inviting.

March 27, 2018

By Kevin

We leased mom a room at The Clairmont, but she never moved in to it because financially she couldn't afford it. It's nice and the room had a little kitchenette on the right hand side, a bathroom on the left hand side, an open efficiency closet on the left, and a little balcony. It's clean and they just put in brand new carpeting. The tour guide did a very good job showing me around. The dining area was nice, large, open, and spacious. They had some people playing guitars and singing when I came in.

November 01, 2017

By Samson195

My wife and I visited this facility a couple years ago for my Mom. It was very dated. A few months ago we looked again. Wow what a change. They have updated their apartments, grounds are well kept, Staff was down home friendly. Mom was happier with the visit this time and we moved her in. They advertise as independent living and boy do the mean it. Mom has made new friends and could not be happier. I've seen more life in her in 3 months than I've seen in a couple years. Food is great. Lots of activities for seniors. They have bands and choirs regularly. This is what retirement for our parents is all about. It's just my opinion, but, I do not see where anybody could go wrong in moving their family into the Clairmont.

October 10, 2017

By Jana

I wasn't impressed with Clairmont. It was rundown, it had a smell about it, and the facility wasn't kept well. They had a list of activities.

Hi Jana, thank you for your review. While we may have not been a good fit for you at this time, we appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback.

March 29, 2017

By Ted537808

My wife and I have already moved in to Clairmont, which is really nice, comfortable ,and has great people. They got games and exercises all the time. The food is great, and the dining area is clean and has good people.

March 08, 2017

By Gale865453

The Clairmont was an older facility and a little dated but nice. It didn’t seem to fit and was a little further from me. The staff was very friendly and gave us good information. We met the chef who was a really nice guy. The food was really good, and the people were friendly. It seemed well run.

November 22, 2016

We liked the location of The Clairmont. They had everything. They had bingo and other things. The staff was very friendly. They showed us everything that we asked for. They showed us the one-bedroom efficiency and the larger room like the one-bedroom and the two-bedroom. I thought they were very nice. They served three meals, and they had snacks all the time. They had service if you needed them to take you somewhere.

September 18, 2016

By Taunia

The Clairmont was cheaper than anything else in town; that was a big point. The staff was very good and nice. My parents haven’t had any complaints. They have three meals a day there.

September 03, 2016

By Zio10

The reason for a 3 star review is due mainly to the CIGARETTE smell. My 2 family members live there. There apartment breaks of smoke smell. The whole place smells of it. You smell it when you walk in the front door. And there's a gold sign right on front door at top that says "No Smoking"!! Not true. They are allowed to smoke in there rooms by paying a 250$ fee extra. How is that healthy or safe?? These are elderly individuals. Second hand smoke is worse that smoking itself! An my family members both have lung issues and on is on oxygen. A lot of the residents are on oxygen. That is dangerous! Buying a special spray isn't going to get rid of the smoke. It's in the walls and ducks! Saying " This spray costs 50$ for the smoke smell " to everyone like it's the non-smokers fault one or two residents can't be forced to smoke outside or removed. Ridiculous! An the meals are very high in sodium an if your diabetic you better bring your own food sometimes cause your sugar is going to go sky high along with your sodium an blood pressure! Pasta of some kind in almost every meal. Why can't they work with a dietician an offer some low sodium or low carb meals for the price these people are paying. The whole place needs updating big time. It's like 1982. They can't keep their staff either. No apartments are being cleaned right now. Well my family members hasn't been cleaned in I think 2 wks. I've been doing it. One elevator! Everyone duking it out to get on it for meal times.! The smoke smell is pretty bad. But' when my family members signed contract they were given the assumption the smoker would be moving soon. Nope. Still there after 2 months! May be moving somewhere were no smoking period like all the other facilities in Amarillo!!The other residents seem nice an just want to talk an have some company.

May 29, 2016

By Joana333758

The Clairmont had a very warm atmosphere. The people were very friendly, and there were many residents around who seemed very happy. The managers knew everybody's names and call them by name. It had a family atmosphere. They had three meals and ways to get them to places with transportation available, but you have to let them know ahead of time. They had on-site laundry and an area where they had games and coffee. The food was very good because they have their own chef. I was very impressed with the food. They also had prayer at the mealtime and bible study once or twice a week.

May 10, 2016

By Caring husbandALEWX

My wife moved into Clairmont. I don't have any complaints about the staff, and everything seems to be fine so far. The rooms are adequate and big enough for a couple. They have bingo, card games, different kinds of entertainment, and a bus that takes them around and shows them different places. The food needs improvement, but the place is less expensive.

May 08, 2016

By Linda-5

I visited The Clairmont. Walking in the door, the first thing that struck me was that there was a smell of cigarette smoke in the air. They're trying to phase out smoking, but there's still a resident there who does smoke, and it permeates. The rooms were small, and it seemed very crowded in the dining room. I wasn't impressed with it.

Hello Linda-5, my name is Katie and I'd like to thank you for reaching out and sharing this feedback with us. We believe first impressions are important (as are all the ones to follow), and we would truly like to apologize for yours. While issues with smoke should be now all be addressed and resolved, if you have additional feedback you wish to share, we invite you to reach out and share it directly with our Resident Relations team, which can be contacted by phone at 800-370-8331, or or email. We strive to deliver an exceptional experience for all our seniors and their families, and consider it an opportunity for improvement anytime a resident or family member reaches out to express otherwise. We invite you to reach out, and share any other feedback with us you may have anytime, either directly via phone at 800-370-8331, or email at resident.relations@holidaytouch.com. Thanks again so much for reaching out, Linda-5. We look forward to connecting with you soon.

March 31, 2016

By Chlo1

The people that we saw at The Clairmont were very nice. The community was very nice, had a very caring atmosphere, and had happy people. It was a very nice place, and the staff seemed to be very caring. The rooms were nice and included a balcony and windows that they could look out of and see what was going on outside.

September 30, 2015

By Beverly113512550

What my mother likes about The Clairmont was the fact that she can have enough space to have all of her furniture, and she has a backdoor that she could let her dog out. She has a patio that was big enough, and she can put her swing on it. She also likes the fact that she gets three meals a day, and they have a chef, so the food is really good. The people are super nice, and she says she feels like she is at home now. They do field trips, and they have a bus that is available for them any time if they need to go to the doctor or go to the pharmacy. They have indoor activities like bingo, card games, and board games. They have a library, which she likes because she likes to read. They have an exercise room where she can go and ride the bike to keep her legs strong. She is very happy there. The staff is very good.

January 17, 2015

The Clairmont is a lovely place. The staff is wonderful. They are the best staff in the world. It is clean here. The food is wonderful. They have the best chef in the world. My mother and father lived here for a while. I liked the place, and I liked its location.

November 03, 2014

By Lynn35

I visited The Clairmont for my mother. I pretty much made up my mind to go with this facility because they had a room available, and I needed to move her in there soon. The Clairmont was good. They have a large dining room, and they offer three meals a day. They have laundry facilities, and they also have housekeeping services. They offer onsite home health care. They have a beauty shop and different activities. We looked at a one-bedroom and two studio-type apartments. They're adequate. They have a balcony and some of the first floor apartments have separate entrances coming from outside. The staff was excellent. For activities, they have regularly scheduled Bible studies and church services, they have corn hole toss games, and they have music. I know they're having a big Halloween party. However, they could improve on some of the carpet that was a little dated in the hallways, and they had a water leak in the ceilings that hasn't been repaired yet.

June 17, 2014

By Larry2010

I'm currently residing at The Clairmont. This is a much smaller and more intimate family-type of a facility. It is a well-maintained community. I have a one-bedroom. It is carpeted, and it is very clean. I also have a kitchenette with a dorm size fridge, but no kitchen. What I like about this place is that they have three meals a day. They have a beautiful dining room. It is very, very nice. Regarding the staff, they all seem pretty well committed. Also, they are very energetic.

August 28, 2013

By Loving Wife3

I visited The Clairmont for my husband. Their rooms are nice. They are clean, cheery and wide open. They also have rooms where they have activities going on, like exercise, games, etc. The staff is very nice. They are very caring, patient and open about everything. I had a meal there and it was very good.

Questions about Holiday The Clairmont

Describe the overall population of independent living residents at Holiday The Clairmont. What is their average age? What are their favorite things to do?

What transportation services does Holiday The Clairmont offer to independent living residents?

What makes the chef or dining program at Holiday The Clairmont exceptional? What kind of menu can independent living residents expect?

What common areas are available for independent living residents?

What safety features or security measures does Holiday The Clairmont offer to independent living residents?

If Holiday The Clairmont accepts dogs or cats, what indoor/outdoor areas can they enjoy?

Does Holiday The Clairmont work with an agency or registry to provide nursing and medical assistance as needed?

Costs for Holiday The Clairmont

Photos of Holiday The Clairmont

Services and Amenities of Holiday The Clairmont

• Dining Extra: Private Dining Room, Resident Kitchen

• Hiking Trails
  • Features Extra: Laundry Room For Use, Library, Locked Mailboxes, Elevator, Parking: Covered

• Technology Extra: Wi Fi In Common Areas

• Activities Extra: Billiard Lounge, Game Room, Activity Room

• Pets: Most Pets Allowed

About Holiday The Clairmont

The Clairmont is located in Amarillo, TX, providing a vibrant backdrop for your new life as a valued member of our caring community.

So come to The Clairmont for a visit...and stay!

*We understand that each individual is unique and that needs may change over time. Holiday by Atria does not provide any health care services. However, residents are welcome to receive services from any outside home health care provider of their choice to help them continue enjoying life at our community.

Map of Holiday The Clairmont