Fellowship Village Basking Ridge, NJ

Offers Assisted Living, Independent Living, Nursing Homes, Continuing Care Communities, and Memory Care

8000 Fellowship Road, Basking Ridge, NJ 07920
Fellowship Village (800) 385-2527

Reviews of Fellowship Village

Assisted Living Reviews for Fellowship Village

Independent Living Reviews for Fellowship Village

October 07, 2019

By Judy P

We moved in to Fellowship Senior Living in September 2017 and are very pleased with our decision. The residents and staff are extremely friendly and supportive and we enjoy the strong, warm social life in the community. The quality of the food is excellent, with many choices in both the Bistro and formal dining room to meet any taste. It is very helpful to have the nutritional breakdown for entrees when making a choice... and I don't have to clean up after meals! Our new home was completely redone to our taste and we love the spacious rooms. I am a walker and have found great joy in the natural beauty of the paths that wind through farmland and gardens surrounding FSL. We are very excited about the new wonderful Cultural Arts Center and have already attended several events and productions there. The large expansion of the health center, using the household floor plan model, as well as all the amazing interior changes that have been made create a very exciting and vibrant place to live.

Continuing Care Retirement Community Reviews for Fellowship Village

October 10, 2019

By Family Experience

I am both a current Independent Living Resident - AND - the son of a past resident, my Mother. My mother was a "pioneer" and lived here starting in 1996, when Fellowship opened its doors. She went through all it's facets: Independent Assisted, Skilled Nursing, Rehabilitation, and Hospice. Mom passed in 2009 at the ripe old age of 96 In 2013, widowed and having no children, I moved in. This fact alone speaks volumes about my opinion of Fellowship. It is a high one. To be successful, keeping up with the times is a must. Therefore in the last three years, we have enlarged the Health Center by 50% and are currently in the process of refurbishing the older section of the Health Center. Secondly, we have built a multi-purpose building that can be used in the following configurations: Theather, Auditorium, Conference Hall, and Banquet Room. In its largest configuration, it seats 238 residents. Our Administrative area has been reconfigured and enlarged. Last but not least, a Lounge and Bar is being added to the Dining facilities. I encourage you to give your strong consideration to our CCRC; visit us and see for yourself all Fellowship Senior Living offers to its residents. Hope to see you soon.

April 10, 2019

By Allison D.

My mother has lived at Fellowship Senior Living for 5 years. She moved in as an Independent Living resident, and at the necessary time, transitioned to Assisted Living. The staff at Fellowship has always placed my mother's needs first when making any care decision. The Life Enrichment Coordinator knows my mother well, and will recommend appropriate activities/trips if she has not already signed up to participate. The nursing staff is compassionate and thorough, they know my mother's likes and dislikes, interests and idiosyncrasies. To address another review criticizing the pending move of their loved one to a new room, yes, there have been delays getting the new building completed enough for a certificate of occupancy. With that said, the move took place yesterday. Every staff member was on hand to help execute this difficult task, displaying their typical patience and caring demeanor that I have seen throughout. This newly constructed wing implements the new industry model of residential households. This smaller community will greatly enrich my mother's experience, allowing her to engage more regularly in tasks of daily living. I am grateful for the resources that Fellowship has put into the property to implement this improvement. From the user perspective of a caring family member, I couldn't be happier with my mother's choice to live Fellowship Senior Living.

April 08, 2019

By RonLee

My wife and I have lived at Fellowship Village for over six years. We are really happy with our decision to move here. No more walking up and down the stairs and hills that existed in our nearby home. No more shoveling snow and raking leaves. Our apartment is cleaned weekly. We have an excellent meal plan with no bills, other than the monthly payment required at all CCRCs. There are a lot of activities, including interesting lectures, enjoyable performances, and opportunity to participate in resident-managed activities. The park-like landscaping is much better than the high-rise senior dwellings in other CCRCs. I love doing laps in the swimming pool and go for walks around the campus. I happily participate in and enjoy the same clubs I belonged to before moving here. Our family is close by and we see them often. When illness occurs, the services here help us to get well quickly.

April 20, 2017

By Marie356382

I have a one-bedroom apartment at Fellowship Village. It is a lovely place out in the country. The staff is excellent. I help welcome possible future residents and with the bingo games. The food here varies and is not consistent; sometimes it's great, other times not good. The residents are delightful, friendly, and outgoing. We have a lot of activities and a limo that takes the Catholics to the Catholic Church on Sundays, even though this place is nonsectarian.

June 17, 2016

By Anthony861422

Fellowship Village CCRC has assisted living and an excellent rehab facility. It’s a beautiful facility. They have a very good nursing staff and aides. It was a good experience. I just couldn’t get my dad in there because there was no availability since they have a lot of permanent patients there. They have independent living, assisted living, memory care, skilled nursing, sub-acute rehab, and outpatient rehab. My father was in the sub-acute rehab portion of it.

October 27, 2015

Fellowship Village is beautiful. They have everything from independent living to assisted living, health care, dementia care, and housing if you need it. Their food is wonderful, like everything else -- very broad menu, lots of options, and always fresh. The staff is fabulous and very good. There’s a pool and game room, and they take people on trips. They have concerts, programs, and courses residents can take, too.
See all Continuing Care Retirement Community reviews (10) See fewer reviews

• Ownership Type: Non Profit Corporation
  • Date Certified: 10/01/2020

• Occupational Therapy

About Fellowship Village

Fellowship Senior Living is a leading provider of senior living communities, services and programs in New Jersey since 1996. From Fellowship Village, our Life Plan Community (also known as a Continuing Care Retirement Community) in Basking Ridge, to our vast array of at-home services throughout New Jersey, we provide more reasons to thrive, engage and grow.

MORE CHOICES TO FIT YOUR LIFESTYLE

We offer the highest-quality services and programs that allow seniors to live life to its fullest. At our Life Plan Community in New Jersey, we provide a full continuum that includes Independent Living, Assisted Living, Memory Care, Skilled Nursing and rehabilitation, medical and wellness services.

For those who prefer to stay at home, you will find a vast range of in-home care services, such as personal care and concierge, care management and hospice services. With our Fellowship Freedom Plans, we offer a wide range of long-term care plans. On campus or off, you can trust Fellowship Senior Living to help you with what you want, when you need it.

MORE SUPPORT TO STAY AT HOME.

Whether you need personal care or companion care services, whether you’re looking for rehab therapy at home or just a little extra assistance to make life a little easier, Fellowship At-Home offers a wide array of in-home senior services to help you maintain your independence and stay in your own home.

With the same comfort, care and support, we offer Hospice services to provide spiritual, physical, social and emotional support to meet the needs of the whole person.

Designed for both residents of Fellowship Village senior living community and residents in Basking Ridge, NJ, the Somerset County area and throughout New Jersey, you will find a superbly screened and trained staff that provides care and assistance you can trust.

Map of Fellowship Village