Rivers Grosse Pointe

Nursing Home Reviews for Rivers Grosse Pointe

Continuing Care Retirement Community Reviews for Rivers Grosse Pointe

May 26, 2017

By mylifetoo

I am a relative of a former resident, i I will say that the staff there are awful. They never speak and when you request something they never brings it, they spend most (all) of the time socializing among themselves. When it comes time to feed the residents, some might not receive their food 1 hour later, they never bring water for the residents. They are suppose to come around and check on the residents every 2 hours which they dont. I will say that there are at least 2 staff members that are very polite one is a young nurse and a cna. I can see why this place has such a high turnover rate.

December 17, 2016

By Sabina

The Rivers has a lot to be desired. They have major personnel problems, they hire and fire on a regular basis. New hires are not any more experienced or qualified then those that are fired. The food quality is terrible. Mostly it's cold, lots of fried food and just recently residents were served cold bread stuffing that looked like dog food. Assisted living residents are never offered coffee or tea with their meals, even when it's requested, the wait time is sometimes 1 hour or it never comes from the kitchen at all. The care is marginal, the aides do the minimum, lots of interaction with each other but very little with the residents, only when they have to. The best employee they had was the activities manager, she resigned. The new hire has the residents mostly watching TV. My issues with The Rivers are numerous, Lots of promises were made before move-in and since then but I have yet to see any of these have come into fruition. I'm looking to move my relative.

August 09, 2016

By gracefull

Although the facility is new and beautiful, we found the care lacking. They placed my aunt in a room and barely checked on her. We were told they came in every 2 hours as is mandatory, but we barely saw them. We had to request everything: water, washcloths, coffee or toast at breakfast. No safety rails or Depends until we insisted. She was without teeth and they were serving her pork chops and pork loin. Staff told me she didn't have to wear a name tag, Harder to identify her I guess. It;s really a beautiful warehouse and they don't know how to care for an elderly sick patient. We had her caregivers with her day and night, because we felt she was totally alone most the time.

May 01, 2015

By Leslie43

The Rivers was beautiful. It was brand new. They gave us a tour of the facility. They showed us the menu and gave us a floor plan. It was very nice. They showed us the activities they were having as well.
See all Continuing Care Retirement Community reviews (8) See fewer reviews

Photos of Rivers Grosse Pointe

Services and Amenities of Rivers Grosse Pointe

• Overall:
  • Ownership Type: For Profit Limited Liability Company
  • Date Certified: 10/01/2019

About Rivers Grosse Pointe

The Rivers is a full-service community that supports your physical, emotional, social, health, and spiritual needs – AND your active lifestyle. Newly constructed on a 15-acre campus that is situated in a residential neighborhood, The Rivers opened in late 2015 and features spacious, well-appointed, independent living apartments and gracious suites with private bathrooms for those making the transition to assisted living, memory care, or physical rehabilitation

Map of Rivers Grosse Pointe