Southgate at Shrewsbury

Reviews of Southgate at Shrewsbury

Continuing Care Retirement Community Reviews for Southgate at Shrewsbury

June 04, 2015

By MaryJ W.

My mother is 89 and moved to Hampton Suites assisted living two years ago and she is very happy. Her apartment is larger than anything we saw when we toured other assisted living places. The staff are caring and compassionate. My mother has a memory problem and they have a full activity calendar with activities in the evenings for the residents like my mom who is forgetful. They have nurses on duty most of the time which we like. I highly recommend the place. My mother is very happy and we’re thinking on moving my mother-in-law there.

December 26, 2013

Southgate at Shrewsbury is listed as one of the better continuing care facilities in the area. It has an independent living facility to nursing home in one campus. It's one of the newer facilities. We liked the set up, they have a core area. We also liked the amenities. They have a swimming pool, a gym, a store and a chapel.

November 04, 2012

By SSet

My mother resided in the Assisted Living facility and was left unassisted on many occasions as she roamed the building. When i found out and questioned the staff, I was told that she shouldn't be roaming the hallways.
See all Continuing Care Retirement Community reviews (7) See fewer reviews

Services and Amenities of Southgate at Shrewsbury

• Pets: Small Pets

About Southgate at Shrewsbury

Southgate is located in the picturesque town of Shrewsbury, Massachusetts. Situated on 30 park-like acres, Southgate offers gracious apartment living with all the comforts of home. Amenities include a 200-seat theater, full service health club, heated indoor swimming pool, library, fine and casual dining, 4-lane bowling alley, card and billiard room, woodworking shop and diverse social, cultural and educational programs. Southgate provides continuing care service onsite. Independent living, Assisted living, skilled nursing care and rehabilitative services are available.

Map of Southgate at Shrewsbury