Tuskawilla Nursing and Rehab Center

Reviews of Tuskawilla Nursing and Rehab Center

Nursing Home Reviews for Tuskawilla Nursing and Rehab Center

April 28, 2018

By Colorado loved ones

Poor quality of care trumps this facilities beautiful design and grounds. I value the service that long term care and rehab facilities provide and respect the dedication of the staff who do this important work. The facts of my loved ones care there: 1. two falls within the first 2 weeks; without standard fall precautions being done by staff 2. Surgery site infection being unreported to family or MD POA. 3. Frequent moves between rooms adds to potential confusion and disorientation for residents. Tuskawilla staff/administration: please raise the bar for this all important work you do. Thanks

April 17, 2018

By jpd2012

Beautiful facility with friendly staff and excellent nursing care! We were very pleased with everything and would highly recommend this facility to friends and family. The building is well maintained and has a great layout. No smells as some of these places tend to have. There is even a beautiful courtyard in the center that the rehab gym overlooks with tall windows letting in natural light - a huge plus when working hard in the gym! The center is located in beautiful Winter Springs and has many local restaurants and shopping nearby for friends and family members who are visiting. Activities are also provided at the center which consists of live entertainment, games, and of course ice cream socials! The staff are warm and inviting and make you feel like part of the family. As you can tell I would recommend this place to anyone!

July 01, 2017

By truthsayer111

Horrible nurse care you call ask questions in regards to patient whom you have durable power of attorney for do not know answers. While there and still there caught CDIS did not inform anyone while my wife does his laundry this I high contagious and spreads easily. When they put in IV guy was rude. They don't explain anything to and act like they could care less. God forbid you have to stay have frequent trips to see your loved if can stay away

May 17, 2017

By yvonne-paul

Do not take your loved one to this facility. My husband was there in April 2017. The food was awful and cold and the beverages warm.. The only time my husband had ice water was when I asked for it. That's the nicest thing I can say about this place. The facility send the wrong person to my husband's doctor's appointment and, on his last day there, when I went in to see him, he was in the same clothes he had on the day before and was covered in vomit.. I reported this place to the state.

September 23, 2016

By OWSRunner

My grandfather was admitted at this facility after a mild stroke for rehabilitation. The staff was very friendly and understanding of our very large family as all of us came to visit. The speak therapist they brought in was great. My grandfather was also appreciative of the daily activities. I personally liked the staff that was assigned to him. He was a very big man and they did everything possible to both help him, but keep him comfortable and even brought in special equipment to accommodate his size. Overall I felt he was in gods hands at this facility. I would recommend to a friend.

September 09, 2016

By Oviedo

The physical trainers are helpful and overall beneficial. The nursing staff is terrible; they are rude, not helpful, do not follow doctors orders and lie about what they have/have not done. Their treatment of patients is not quality. After filling several grievance reports and meetings, nothing changed and problems continued. As a result of poor care and neglect, our relative was transferred to the hospital and not even two weeks later passed away.

May 12, 2015

By Denise33

My father is still in rehab at Tuskawilla Nursing and Rehab Center. I like the physical therapy program there. Everybody is very nice and helpful. They have shared rooms -- e.g., a room is shared between two guests. They are very clean. The dining set-up is very nice. It is very clean and spacious. The food is good. They really have all kinds of activities. They have a few people that come in to sing and do music, and they have dominoes and bingo, but my father doesn't really do too many activities.

March 21, 2015

By OviedoFl

Avoid this place if at all possible. If you can't avoid it make sure your family member has many unannounced visits daily. The quality of care provided is poor. The CNAs are too busy to care. The wait time after pushing the call button for help is unreliable. It felt more like a prison than skilled nursing. If your loved one has memory problems you will need to be there often to advocate on their behalf. The staff will tell them they don't remember what really happened even if they clearly do and have bruises from falling. I say this because my 50 year old husband fell down trying to go to the bathroom when no one answered his call for help. They were mad at him and questioned the roommate if he was telling the truth. It is extremely sad to see healthcare workers that do not actually care. Your loved one will be treated differently when you are not around to witness it.

August 20, 2012

By Heathbar1

Never going back to this facility again. I only went for a visit, to see if the facility would be up to par for my grandmother and I was appalled by everything I saw and heard while I was there. Staff was running around like crazy, I overheard some what I assume to be cna's in the bathroom talking about how they don't even understand why the facility is taking on more residents so often when the care isn't right for the ones they already have. I couldn't even believe that. The facility wasn't homely or welcoming but had a chaotic atmosphere. One of the residents that I had sat down with and spoke with complained about how their rooms don't get cleaned up properly and how she had over 3 UTI's since she had been there due to the nurses not doing her right. I immediately became apprehensive and didn't need to hear anything further.

July 27, 2011

By Pam R

This is my husband's third nursing home experience. The staff at Tuskawilla are caring, concerned, and very aware of my husband's needs. The facility is beautiful and VERY clean. I am grateful that we found Tuskawilla Rehab and Nursing facility.

Services and Amenities of Tuskawilla Nursing and Rehab Center

• Overall:
  • Date Certified: 09/01/2020

About Tuskawilla Nursing and Rehab Center

Tuskawilla Nursing and Rehab Center is a senior living provider in Winter Springs, Florida that offers residents Nursing Homes. Contact Tuskawilla Nursing and Rehab Center for more details on services and rates.

Map of Tuskawilla Nursing and Rehab Center