Pacifica Senior Living Merced

Reviews of Pacifica Senior Living Merced

Assisted Living Reviews for Pacifica Senior Living Merced

March 25, 2013

By Connie2

My mother-in-law stayed at Emeritus Senior Living for about three months before she passed away. The place was clean, there was no smell. It's located in a nice area and it was also close to our house. They have a variety of activities every day like exercises and bingo. I liked its atmosphere.

October 30, 2012

By Blink182

My name is justin and my grandpa sold his house to live in emeritus senior living. I didn't get to visit my grandpa that often, but when I did he seemed pretty happy. My grandpa suffered from alzheimer's, it was nice that the facility offered programs to help him with his memory. The facility was pretty big and beautiful. My grandpa had a 1 bedroom apartment there and he got to have a dog. My grandpa really enjoyed using the library that the facility provided. The staff were always inviting and the atmosphere had a family vibe to it. The facility offered alot of activities and help. The facility was always kept up nicely. I felt very at peace with my grandpa being there. My grandpa always had nothing but nice things to say about where he lived. He was there for 15 years before he passed away.

October 25, 2012

By RZK

This is a very nice facility. The staff are polite and greet you with a smile when you walk in. They are all trained professionals and act as such. The grounds are always very well kept and very secure. there are plenty of options for residents there, varying from arts and crafts to aerobics. They also have a top notch kitchen staff and a wide variety of items on the menu.

Questions about Pacifica Senior Living Merced

Describe the overall population of assisted living residents at Pacifica Senior Living Merced. What is their average age? What are their favorite things to do?

Our senior average age is approximately 83. Our residents are interested in a variety of things to do including walking clubs, outings to shopping/restaurants, crafts, games, and classes at our local senior center.

What programs or activities does Pacifica Senior Living Merced offer to enrich residents' well-being?

Our Life Enrichment programs offer a variety of opportunities to meet new friends, discover new interests, exercise and maintain health, enjoy exciting outings and excursions . . . and so much more. We are also a pet friendly community because, after all, pets are part of the family.

What places are near Pacifica Senior Living Merced or within walking distance for assisted living residents to enjoy?

We are centrally located to several local attractions/counties including, but not limited to, Lake Yosemite County Park, wildlife refuge, museums, zoo, art center, wineries, restaurants and shopping. We also have beautiful walking paths around our entire community and are adjacent to Fahrens Park.

What transportation services does Pacifica Senior Living Merced offer to assisted living residents?

A full-time, certified bus driver is with scheduled service to take residents to nearby shopping trips, religious services, banks, postal services and more.

What makes the chef or dining program at Pacifica Senior Living Merced exceptional? What kind of menu can assisted living residents expect?

Meals are prepared fresh daily by our on-site chefs and are served in beautifully appointed restaurant-style settings by attentive dining room staff. Our community has scheduled dining hours, however there are always anytime meals and snacks available.

How does Pacifica Senior Living Merced keep residents' families informed about their loved ones?

We spend time with our residents every day and have morning meetings to ensure that all management is up to date with their situations. Families can simply call us and mostly every manager could provide them with an update on the condition of their loved one.

What is the care staff-to-resident ratio at Pacifica Senior Living Merced during daytime and nighttime hours?

Staffing is always high priority and fluctuates depending on the care needs of the general population of the residents at any given time. Wellness teams may have more caregivers when the population requires high care while at the same time, they may require fewer caregivers as the population may be more independent requiring less care. Ratios are always within recommended guidelines established by the State so as to meet or exceed the current care needs of the census at the time.

What ongoing senior care training does the staff receive?

As a mandatory requirement, each employee undergoes a thorough back ground, character, and criminal check, along with a current drug screening. Initial training is provided and ongoing monthly mandatory training is required as part of the employment agreement. All staff are CPR and First Aid certified. Mandatory in-services are schedule monthly to provide a high level of customer service and care that our residents deserve. Health care topics and demonstration of technique from professional health care providers insure our staff is fully trained to help our seniors as they age gracefully in place. We provide training through the year ranging from healthcare professionals conducting training courses, online training which is updated monthly and manager led training sessions.

Costs for Pacifica Senior Living Merced

Photos of Pacifica Senior Living Merced

Services and Amenities of Pacifica Senior Living Merced

• Pets: All Pets Allowed

• State Licenses: 247206921

• Assisted Living Starting At: $1995/month

• About Pacifica Senior Living Merced

Set on beautifully landscaped grounds with an outdoor courtyard, Pacifica Senior Living Merced is one of the premier retirement communities in the Merced area. Located just north of the city, we offer over 80 studios, one and two bedroom senior apartments on two floors. Here our residents – in many cases, with their pets – enjoy retirement living. Yet should you need a helping hand from our warm and caring staff, we also offer complete assisted living services, tailor-made to your needs. Our services focus on wellness to help you maintain your health, so you can live as independently as possible.

Map of Pacifica Senior Living Merced