Pacifica Senior Living Merced

Pacifica Senior Living Merced (800) 385-2527

Reviews of Pacifica Senior Living Merced

Assisted Living Reviews for Pacifica Senior Living Merced

February 22, 2015

I had people who recommended this community. I thought that everything was quite good; it was a very decent place. I would give them a high recommendation. The rooms were spacious and comfortable, and it was excellent. I haven’t tried the food, but the food looked like everything was very good. The dining hall was great. I saw some ladies folding items and things as part of their activity, and I think they are doing some decorations. It’s a good facility, and I can’t say anything bad about it except it’s a little far from where we live.

Thank you for taking the time to share your review.

October 27, 2014

By Rich6

We have placed my father-in-law and I think we are going to place my mother-in-law here. My wife found it online, she went over there, interviewed the nurses and the staff and thought this was a good match, and we were really happy with them. They are great carer, they are very attentive to their residents. We are very pleased and at first he wasn’t happy, but he is really happy with the place now. They get three meals a day, and he is really enjoying it. They have breakfast, lunch, and dinner with a varied menu. They do have an activities board where they do stuff on a daily basis; the person can participate or not. They have a movie night with popcorn, or they might have balloon pass, singing and as far as the care there must be four people that appear to be available at all times. If somebody need special care with eating, I see them helping them eat, and they will make special food for someone with a special diet or cannot chew -- they mashed it out for them -- very friendly and patient. Each person has a private room and shares a bathroom with the next door neighbor, and the rooms were around the outside of the building. It’s a locked facility. The middle is the kitchen, dining room, and TV room, and in the very center of the long building there is a place they can go outside. It’s in the middle of the building so they can’t escape from there, but they can sit out in the sun in chairs, tables, and shades.

Rich6, thank you so much for your high rating!

September 23, 2014

By Carol94807150

It was very nice. The staff was helpful, but they just never got back to me. They needed more medical information, and I couldn't give it to them because he is a veteran and apparently the VA doesn't send out the information, so I didn't get anywhere with it. Everything was just fine. It is just that I have filled out all the paperwork and they haven't gotten back to me.

March 26, 2014

By Dave20

This community is literally a hundred feet away from us. We liked the location and the rooms. All the facilities worked, and the people were nice. We thought that the dining room staff was a little bit not helpful, because my uncle is a little bit shy and hard of hearing. We need to have people who are a little more forward going and trying to help him get what he needs. He also didn’t like the food. It was also difficult for him to relate to some of the residents. My uncle was there for a full two months.

We're disappointed to hear you had a negative experience and thank you for sharing your thoughts. We are now under new ownership and invite you back to see the Pacifica difference!

November 27, 2013

We sent her here because they allowed her to bring her dog. We enjoyed the facility very much. They showed us the facility and it was very nice. The rooms were also nice.

Thank you for your review.

October 09, 2013

I had a short visit. It was pretty good and the staff were helpful. There were also activities for the residents.

Thank you for your review.

March 25, 2013

By Connie2

My mother-in-law stayed here for about three months before she passed away. The place was clean, there was no smell. It's located in a nice area and it was also close to our house. They have a variety of activities every day like exercises and bingo. I liked its atmosphere.

We appreciate you taking the time to leave us this feedback.

Memory Care Reviews for Pacifica Senior Living Merced

Questions about Pacifica Senior Living Merced

Describe the overall population of assisted living residents at Pacifica Senior Living Merced. What is their average age? What are their favorite things to do?

Our senior average age is approximately 83. Our residents are interested in a variety of things to do including walking clubs, outings to shopping/restaurants, crafts, games, and classes at our local senior center.

What programs or activities does Pacifica Senior Living Merced offer to enrich residents' well-being?

Our Life Enrichment programs offer a variety of opportunities to meet new friends, discover new interests, exercise and maintain health, enjoy exciting outings and excursions . . . and so much more. We are also a pet friendly community because, after all, pets are part of the family.

What places are near Pacifica Senior Living Merced or within walking distance for assisted living residents to enjoy?

We are centrally located to several local attractions/counties including, but not limited to, Lake Yosemite County Park, wildlife refuge, museums, zoo, art center, wineries, restaurants and shopping. We also have beautiful walking paths around our entire community and are adjacent to Fahrens Park.

What transportation services does Pacifica Senior Living Merced offer to assisted living residents?

A full-time, certified bus driver is with scheduled service to take residents to nearby shopping trips, religious services, banks, postal services and more.

What makes the chef or dining program at Pacifica Senior Living Merced exceptional? What kind of menu can assisted living residents expect?

Meals are prepared fresh daily by our on-site chefs and are served in beautifully appointed restaurant-style settings by attentive dining room staff. Our community has scheduled dining hours, however there are always anytime meals and snacks available.

How does Pacifica Senior Living Merced keep residents' families informed about their loved ones?

We spend time with our residents every day and have morning meetings to ensure that all management is up to date with their situations. Families can simply call us and mostly every manager could provide them with an update on the condition of their loved one.

What is the care staff-to-resident ratio at Pacifica Senior Living Merced during daytime and nighttime hours?

Staffing is always high priority and fluctuates depending on the care needs of the general population of the residents at any given time. Wellness teams may have more caregivers when the population requires high care while at the same time, they may require fewer caregivers as the population may be more independent requiring less care. Ratios are always within recommended guidelines established by the State so as to meet or exceed the current care needs of the census at the time.

What ongoing senior care training does the staff receive?

As a mandatory requirement, each employee undergoes a thorough back ground, character, and criminal check, along with a current drug screening. Initial training is provided and ongoing monthly mandatory training is required as part of the employment agreement. All staff are CPR and First Aid certified. Mandatory in-services are schedule monthly to provide a high level of customer service and care that our residents deserve. Health care topics and demonstration of technique from professional health care providers insure our staff is fully trained to help our seniors as they age gracefully in place. We provide training through the year ranging from healthcare professionals conducting training courses, online training which is updated monthly and manager led training sessions.

Costs for Pacifica Senior Living Merced

• Walking Wheelchair Assistance

• State Licenses: 247206921

• Get Costs

About Pacifica Senior Living Merced

Set on beautifully landscaped grounds with an outdoor courtyard, Pacifica Senior Living Merced is one of the premier retirement communities in the Merced area. Located just north of the city, we offer over 80 studios, one and two bedroom senior apartments on two floors. Here our residents – in many cases, with their pets – enjoy retirement living. Yet should you need a helping hand from our warm and caring staff, we also offer complete assisted living services, tailor-made to your needs. Our services focus on wellness to help you maintain your health, so you can live as independently as possible.

Map of Pacifica Senior Living Merced