Pacifica Senior Living Merced

3420 R Street, Merced, CA 95348
Pacifica Senior Living Merced (800) 385-2527
PROMOTION! 8 days

Concession of $500 off for three months totaling $1500. Ask for details when you tour.

Reviews of Pacifica Senior Living Merced

Assisted Living Reviews for Pacifica Senior Living Merced

March 15, 2020

By Ron

We visited Pacifica Senior Living Merced. I've made an appointment, but they weren't prepared for me. They ended up giving me a housekeeper because the person I booked the appointment with didn't show up. She did the best she could, but she couldn't answer our questions. She just showed me the rooms, and the room we saw was under renovation. The place was clean, and it felt homey.

Dear Ron, thanks for sharing your feedback we are very upset to hear that your experience did not meet your expectations. It was an uncommon instance and we are very sorry. During this fluid time with the COVID-19 regulations, we missed the mark. We would love to make things right and continue an open line of communication to bring you back for another tour. Again, our apologies we would love the opportunity to speak with you again soon.

January 04, 2019

By Ed

My dad has moved into Pacifica Senior Living Merced. It is outstanding. They have a very friendly staff. It fits our needs very comfortably. The room is very spacious. It is a large 1-bedroom place with a kitchenette, a large walk-in bathroom, and a living area. They have activities every hour on the hour, so they have a ton of different things to do. According to what my dad said, the food is very good. The staff is very helpful, constantly check on him, and care about them. So far, it has been a very pleasant experience.

Ed, we're happy you found our staff to be so supportive during your experience here at Pacifica Senior Living Merced. If you have any questions or concerns, please give us a call. We're always happy to help!

August 10, 2018

By Dink

I had an appointment at Pacifica Senior Living Merced, but when I went in they didn't know anything about it. Some girl who only works during the weekend didn't know anything. She showed me a room on the bottom floor, and it was small. They will let me take my dogs with me, but I would have to pay a pet deposit.

We are disappointed to hear that you did not have a more positive experience with us at Pacifica Senior Living Merced. We'd like the opportunity to discuss your review, so if you're willing, please contact our Executive Director.

July 17, 2017

By Greg

Pacifica Senior Living Merced was OK. We didn’t get the chance to go into many places because it was under remodel, but the facilities were rather nice. I saw the dining area from afar, and it seemed nice. The staff people were all pleasant. I didn’t get the chance to talk too much with the staff, but the individual who was taking us around was very knowledgeable. We only looked at their model efficiency, and it was OK as far as assisted living places go. My mother was surprised how small it was, but she was pleased with the kitchenette area and the bathroom and everything. Their location was fine. It was close to the hospital and fairly close to the shopping areas.

Thank you for leaving this detailed review about your experience with our community. We appreciate it and hope to see you again soon. If you have any further questions, please don't hesitate to reach out!

June 23, 2016

By Terri143356

Overall, I had a very good experience with Pacifica, and it was well-run. My friend has a nice-sized, well-laid-out studio apartment. The dining room is very nice. One of the positive things about it, and one of the reasons we chose it, is that one can take care of a small dog or a cat there.

Thank you, Terri143356, for reaching out to us and sharing your review. We always love to receive great reviews and feedback. We appreciate the kind words and agree with you! We are very proud of our community, our caring staff and the level of care we provide! We are so glad to hear that your friend is happy here and enjoying life with their pet. We recently started a Facebook page and post weekly pictures of our residents. (The link to the Facebook page is on our website). We would love to see some photos of them together!

February 22, 2015

I had people who recommended this community. I thought that everything was quite good; it was a very decent place. I would give them a high recommendation. The rooms were spacious and comfortable, and it was excellent. I haven’t tried the food, but the food looked like everything was very good. The dining hall was great. I saw some ladies folding items and things as part of their activity, and I think they are doing some decorations. It’s a good facility, and I can’t say anything bad about it except it’s a little far from where we live.

Thank you for taking the time to share your review.

October 27, 2014

By Rich6

We have placed my father-in-law and I think we are going to place my mother-in-law here. My wife found it online, she went over there, interviewed the nurses and the staff and thought this was a good match, and we were really happy with them. They are great carer, they are very attentive to their residents. We are very pleased and at first he wasn’t happy, but he is really happy with the place now. They get three meals a day, and he is really enjoying it. They have breakfast, lunch, and dinner with a varied menu. They do have an activities board where they do stuff on a daily basis; the person can participate or not. They have a movie night with popcorn, or they might have balloon pass, singing and as far as the care there must be four people that appear to be available at all times. If somebody need special care with eating, I see them helping them eat, and they will make special food for someone with a special diet or cannot chew -- they mashed it out for them -- very friendly and patient. Each person has a private room and shares a bathroom with the next door neighbor, and the rooms were around the outside of the building. It’s a locked facility. The middle is the kitchen, dining room, and TV room, and in the very center of the long building there is a place they can go outside. It’s in the middle of the building so they can’t escape from there, but they can sit out in the sun in chairs, tables, and shades.

Rich6, thank you so much for your high rating!

September 23, 2014

By Carol94807150

It was very nice. The staff was helpful, but they just never got back to me. They needed more medical information, and I couldn't give it to them because he is a veteran and apparently the VA doesn't send out the information, so I didn't get anywhere with it. Everything was just fine. It is just that I have filled out all the paperwork and they haven't gotten back to me.

March 26, 2014

By Dave20

This community is literally a hundred feet away from us. We liked the location and the rooms. All the facilities worked, and the people were nice. We thought that the dining room staff was a little bit not helpful, because my uncle is a little bit shy and hard of hearing. We need to have people who are a little more forward going and trying to help him get what he needs. He also didn’t like the food. It was also difficult for him to relate to some of the residents. My uncle was there for a full two months.

We're disappointed to hear you had a negative experience and thank you for sharing your thoughts. We are now under new ownership and invite you back to see the Pacifica difference!

November 27, 2013

We sent her here because they allowed her to bring her dog. We enjoyed the facility very much. They showed us the facility and it was very nice. The rooms were also nice.

Thank you for your review.

October 09, 2013

I had a short visit. It was pretty good and the staff were helpful. There were also activities for the residents.

Thank you for your review.

March 25, 2013

By Connie2

My mother-in-law stayed here for about three months before she passed away. The place was clean, there was no smell. It's located in a nice area and it was also close to our house. They have a variety of activities every day like exercises and bingo. I liked its atmosphere.

We appreciate you taking the time to leave us this feedback.

Memory Care Reviews for Pacifica Senior Living Merced

July 12, 2021

By Jarrod B

As hard as it is seeing your grandmother go through something like this, Pacifica has been a great help. The staff is very helpful and informative, and the facility is in top condition. It's great to see her participating in the activities and socializing again. We couldn’t have asked for a better home to give her.

Hello, thank you for your positive review, we are grateful to see that you feel this way! We strive to provide excellent care and service to our residents and their families at Pacifica Senior Living Merced. Thank you again, we hope you have a wonderful day!

June 30, 2021

By Dan Brazil

I have visited this facility numerous times and always have a pleasant time with all of the staff. They take good care of my mother in law and have made this transition easy on our family.

Hi Dan Brazil, thank you very much for taking the time to leave us this positive review for our team at Pacifica Senior Living Merced. We appreciate it & so do our other reviewers at Caring. We hope to see you again soon!

June 28, 2021

By vici brazil

Pacifica is a great home for a loved one. The staff is nice, the food is good, and the property is well taken care of. I love going to visit my mom for all of their Happy Hour events!

June 25, 2021

By PaytonB

When we needed care help for my great grandmother, Pacifica had all of the answers. Not only does this home have great food, nice staff, but the additional activities were exactly what my grandmother needed. The home seems well cared for and up to date. We were even able to use a private dining space to have a family dinner together like we used to.

Hello, thank you for leaving us such a wonderful review. We are thrilled that you enjoyed your experience here; our staff will definitely be happy to read what you wrote. We put resident experience and satisfaction as our priority, and your review reaffirms the hard work we put in every day. Thank you again for your kind words and we look forward to seeing you again.

October 14, 2020

By frananddave

Mom has been dealing with Alzheimer's for a while now and the staff at Pacifica Senior Living, Memory Care are the best. Everyone has been very helpful and caring. From the top down. We feel very secure that Mom is in the right place. Laurie is my light, She has walked me down the path with help and patience from all my Questions. Thank you to PSL!

March 06, 2019

By Norma

My mother is in Pacifica Senior Living Merced. I take her to her doctors' appointments and everybody has been helpful. They give me her meds, so I can give them to her because I usually take her out to lunch at the same time. Everybody has worked with me without any problem. The residents put a little negative on it because most of them have memory loss and they're kind of not in tune with things, but as far as the appearance of the building and the rooms, they're very nice. Her room had just been repainted in white and beige and everything looks clean. They allow door hangers on the door. I've been very impressed. I like the way they have their meal set up. They have a table that's 10 people long or they can go and sit in their little group. The commitments they made to me have been kept. They were very helpful in being able to move mom in immediately. They have been very accommodating and understanding in all the dealings I've had with them. I don't have any problems at all. They have well-balanced meals and I have seen them busy with crafts or putting jigsaw puzzles.

Thank you for your positive review! We are very proud of our community and the level of care we provide! We have a great staff and genuinely care for all our residents, and it shows. Please feel free to reach out at any time to us at any time with any and all questions and concerns; we are always here for you and your family.
See all Memory Care reviews (10) See fewer reviews

Questions about Pacifica Senior Living Merced

Describe the overall population of assisted living residents at Pacifica Senior Living Merced. What is their average age? What are their favorite things to do?

Our senior average age is approximately 83. Our residents are interested in a variety of things to do including walking clubs, outings to shopping/restaurants, crafts, games, and classes at our local senior center.

What programs or activities does Pacifica Senior Living Merced offer to enrich residents' well-being?

Our Life Enrichment programs offer a variety of opportunities to meet new friends, discover new interests, exercise and maintain health, enjoy exciting outings and excursions . . . and so much more. We are also a pet friendly community because, after all, pets are part of the family.

What places are near Pacifica Senior Living Merced or within walking distance for assisted living residents to enjoy?

We are centrally located to several local attractions/counties including, but not limited to, Lake Yosemite County Park, wildlife refuge, museums, zoo, art center, wineries, restaurants and shopping. We also have beautiful walking paths around our entire community and are adjacent to Fahrens Park.

What transportation services does Pacifica Senior Living Merced offer to assisted living residents?

A full-time, certified bus driver is with scheduled service to take residents to nearby shopping trips, religious services, banks, postal services and more.

What makes the chef or dining program at Pacifica Senior Living Merced exceptional? What kind of menu can assisted living residents expect?

Meals are prepared fresh daily by our on-site chefs and are served in beautifully appointed restaurant-style settings by attentive dining room staff. Our community has scheduled dining hours, however there are always anytime meals and snacks available.

How does Pacifica Senior Living Merced keep residents' families informed about their loved ones?

We spend time with our residents every day and have morning meetings to ensure that all management is up to date with their situations. Families can simply call us and mostly every manager could provide them with an update on the condition of their loved one.

What is the care staff-to-resident ratio at Pacifica Senior Living Merced during daytime and nighttime hours?

Staffing is always high priority and fluctuates depending on the care needs of the general population of the residents at any given time. Wellness teams may have more caregivers when the population requires high care while at the same time, they may require fewer caregivers as the population may be more independent requiring less care. Ratios are always within recommended guidelines established by the State so as to meet or exceed the current care needs of the census at the time.

What ongoing senior care training does the staff receive?

As a mandatory requirement, each employee undergoes a thorough back ground, character, and criminal check, along with a current drug screening. Initial training is provided and ongoing monthly mandatory training is required as part of the employment agreement. All staff are CPR and First Aid certified. Mandatory in-services are schedule monthly to provide a high level of customer service and care that our residents deserve. Health care topics and demonstration of technique from professional health care providers insure our staff is fully trained to help our seniors as they age gracefully in place. We provide training through the year ranging from healthcare professionals conducting training courses, online training which is updated monthly and manager led training sessions.

Costs for Pacifica Senior Living Merced

• Walking Wheelchair Assistance

• State Licenses: 247206921

• Get Costs

About Pacifica Senior Living Merced

Set on beautifully landscaped grounds with an outdoor courtyard, Pacifica Senior Living Merced is one of the premier retirement communities in the Merced area. Located just north of the city, we offer over 80 studios, one and two bedroom senior apartments on two floors. Here our residents – in many cases, with their pets – enjoy retirement living. Yet should you need a helping hand from our warm and caring staff, we also offer complete assisted living services, tailor-made to your needs. Our services focus on wellness to help you maintain your health, so you can live as independently as possible.

Map of Pacifica Senior Living Merced