6 Assisted Living Facilities near Williamstown, VT
Also serving communities of St Johnsbury.
There are 6 Assisted Living Facilities in the Williamstown area, with 1 in Williamstown and 5 nearby.
To help you with your search, browse the 4 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Williamstown. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Williamstown 5.0 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Williamstown, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 5 Assisted Living Facilities in Williamstown, VT
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Williamstown
Williamstown, Vermont, was chartered in 1781 and counts Thomas Davenport, inventor of the world’s first electric motor, as one of its early residents. Seniors can choose from three Assisted Living Facilities (ALFs) to call home in this area, which is nestled along the scenic Williamstown Gulf. The Division of Licensing and Protection is in charge of governing these facilities throughout Vermont. ALFs provide 24-hour supervision, assistance with activities of daily living and meal services for senior residents in a homelike setting.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Williamstown
- Williamstown has a chilly climate with 89 inches of annual snowfall, which may make it difficult for seniors with limited mobility to be active all year round. The summers have an average high temperature of 78 degrees, and the winters are cold with an average low temperature of six degrees.
- Seniors living in Williamstown can feel secure due to the relatively low levels of crime. On a scale of 1 to 100, with 1 being the safest, violent crime is rated at 36.1, which is only a little higher than the national average of 31.1. Property crime is rated at 30.7, which is lower than the national average of 38.1.
- Williamstown has no facilities from which to choose in the event of a medical emergency or illness, with the nearest major hospital located in Berlin.
- Seniors living in Williamstown have access to Green Mountain Transit (GMT) bus services, which allows them to get to doctor's appointments, local attractions and shopping. Seniors received a reduced fare when riding the GMT.
- Williamstown has a cost of living that is rated 7.70 percent lower than the national average. This means seniors on a budget may have more to spend on assisted living expenses.
- Field Farm has four miles of walking trails, as well as art installation pieces and tours for seniors to enjoy. Seniors can also take in the theatre performances at the local Barrington State Co.
Paying for Assisted Living in Williamstown
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Vermont
Assisted Living costs in Williamstown start around $0 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Williamstown and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Williamstown
Low-income seniors in Vermont may be eligible to receive help paying for assisted living services through Green Mountain Care, the state’s Medicaid plan, which offers the Global Commitment to Health Waiver. Vermont has no non-Medicaid programs in place which cover assisted living costs.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Vermont page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Vermont page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Williamstown
Williamstown and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Williamstown, please visit our Assisted Living in Vermont page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Williamstown
Williamstown-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Vermont are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Vermont page for more information about these laws.
Assisted Living near Williamstown, VT
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Williamstown
Review of The Gardens
We loved The Gardens. The director who owns and runs it was fantastic and awesome. The people were great. The place was clean, smelled great, and was organized. There were tons of activities. The f... Read more
Review of The Gardens
We've made arrangements for my dad to move into The Gardens. They have excellent accommodations. Their apartments are very roomy. They've repainted everything and put in new carpeting in the apartm... Read more