16 Assisted Living Facilities near Cohasset, MN
Also serving communities of Deer River, Remer, Bigfork.
There are 16 Assisted Living Facilities in the Cohasset area, with 2 in Cohasset and 14 nearby.
To help you with your search, browse the 9 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Cohasset. Better rated regions include Grand Rapids with an average rating of 3.4 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Cohasset, call (855) 863-8283.
2 Assisted Living Facilities in Cohasset, MN
14 Assisted Living Facilities near Cohasset, MN
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Cohasset
Cohasset is a small city situated at the edge of the Chippewa National Forest, providing outdoor enthusiasts with campsites and cabins to enjoy, trails to hike and beaches to relax on. The city has just 2,700 residents, almost one in five of whom are aged 65 or over.
In Minnesota, including Cohasset, assisted living facilities are required to register annually with the Department of Health. Cohasset has two assisted living facilities to accommodate the city's aging population, and there are over a dozen more in neighboring cities.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Cohasset
- The overall cost of living in Cohasset is about 10% below the national average and 15% below the statewide average, which may result in lower assisted living expenses. Cohasset may be a good option for budget-conscious seniors looking for an affordable option for their retirement years.
- The Cohasset area has no facilities from which to choose in the event of a medical emergency or illness, with the nearest major hospital located in Grand Rapids.
- In Cohasset, seniors pay state income tax on all forms of retirement income, including their Social Security benefits and public pensions. This may affect how much money can be put toward assisted living expenses.
- Cohasset is a safe city with a low crime rate. On a 100-point scale, the city's violent crime rate is 7.0, versus the national average of 22.7, and the property crime rate is 15.6, which is considerably lower than the national rate of 35.4. This might make the city a good option for seniors seeking out a safe community.
- Cohasset has a relatively cool climate. Over the course of a year, temperatures in this city range between -4 degrees and 79 degrees, much harsher than the nationwide average range of 22-86 degrees. To ensure their comfort, seniors may want to find an assisted living facility that provides individual climate control in private living quarters.
- Itasca County Transit provides public transportation services for seniors every first and third Friday, and Dial-a-Ride services are available seven days a week. Seniors can use this service to attend medical appointments, run errands and enjoy local events.
Note: Data on this page was updated in 2019 and based on the latest 2018 figures.
Paying for Assisted Living in Cohasset
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Minnesota
Assisted Living costs in Cohasset start around $0 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Cohasset and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Cohasset
Seniors in Cohasset who meet income and asset limits may qualify to have their assisted living expenses covered through a Medicaid 1915(c) Waiver program, including the Elderly Waiver. The Minnesota Consumer Support Grant program may also pay for services for eligible seniors.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Minnesota page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Minnesota page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Cohasset
Cohasset and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Cohasset, please visit our Assisted Living in Minnesota page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Cohasset
Cohasset-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Minnesota are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Minnesota page for more information about these laws.