1 Assisted Living Facility in Tennille, GA
Also serving communities of Wrightsville, Milledgeville.
To help you with your search, browse the 1 review below for assisted living facilities in Tennille. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Tennille 5.0 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Tennille, call (855) 863-8283.
Other Options in Tennille, GA
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Tennille
Review of Tennille Assisted Living
The caregivers at this faciluty are genuine. They will go the extra mile for the resident and the family. Residents have some say as to their food,care and any other activities that come about. ... Read more
Assisted Living near Washington County, GA
More Options Near Tennille, GA
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Tennille
Tennille is a small town in Georgia located approximately an hour east of Macon. Local parks, independent restaurants and easy access to shopping provide a quiet community for seniors looking to retire in the area. For those who require help with daily living tasks, two assisted living facilities can be found in the area, including one in downtown Tennille. These facilities are regulated by the Georgia Department of Community Health. They include personal care homes that service two or more adults and assisted living communities that service 25 or more.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Tennille
- Tennille is an extremely affordable city for seniors who are on a budget. The cost of living index in Tennille is 73.2, which is much lower than the state and the national average of 100.
- Like most cities in Georgia, Tennille experiences hot and humid summers with highs around 92 degrees Fahrenheit and short and cold winters with lows around 34 degrees Fahrenheit. The heat and humidity might be too much for seniors in the city, but the warmer fall and spring months are ideal for outdoor activities.
- Crime in Tennille is ranked on a scale from one (low) to 100 (high) with the overall crime rate a concern for seniors in the area. Property crime is ranked 66.9, which is higher than the national average of 38.1. Violent crime is ranked 65.4, which is also higher than the national average of 31.1.
- The Tennille area is home to world-class medical facilities, including the Washington County Regional Medical Center, in the event of medical emergencies and illness.
- The CATS program provides transportation services at discount fares for individuals over the age of 60 living in Tennille. The bus is available for rides to and from medical appointments and for various errands.
- Tennille has an array of community resources for seniors, including the CSRA Area Agency on Aging, an organization that works to improve the lives of seniors in the area, as well as one senior center.
Paying for Assisted Living in Tennille
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Georgia
Assisted Living costs in Tennille start around $0 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Tennille and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Tennille
Seniors who need help paying for an assisted living facility in Tennille can apply for help through the Georgia State Medicaid Plan. Two separate waivers are available. The Community Care Services Program (CCSP) is available for Medicaid-eligible adults over the age of 60 who require a specific level of care. The Georgia SOURCE waiver is for individuals over the age of 65 or those with physical disabilities under the age of 65 who require nursing-home level care.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Georgia page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Georgia page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Tennille
Tennille and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Tennille, please visit our Assisted Living in Georgia page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Tennille
Tennille-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Georgia are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Georgia page for more information about these laws.