Newcastle Place

Offers Assisted Living, Nursing Homes, Continuing Care Communities, and Memory Care

12600 N. Port Washington Road, Mequon, WI 53092
Newcastle Place (800) 385-2527

Reviews of Newcastle Place

Assisted Living Reviews for Newcastle Place

July 31, 2020

By Lharmsen

Since I lost my mobility and ability to breathe and need oxygen I find the workers are so well trained to take care of me I feel the staff treat me as a personal friend and really get to know me and interact with me by name. This gives me a special feeling of importance. Anytime I need something I am met with an immediate solution and response to my problem or dilemma's. The community always assisted with my moving and made me feel safe.

Hi Ms. Harmsen, we are very happy to have provided you with such a positive experience! Our team strives to deliver an excellence and are glad you found this to be the case. If you have further needs or questions, please don't hesitate to reach out to the team. I hope you have an amazing day!

Nursing Home Reviews for Newcastle Place

Continuing Care Retirement Community Reviews for Newcastle Place

April 26, 2021

By LizN

Newcastle Place has been a fantastic home for my parents. They are currently in Independent Living, and any time they need anything it’s taken care of. This is important, as we live quite far away from Mequon, and aren’t able to get there to help out when it’s needed. The staff have been absolutely wonderful to my parents, and to me when I e been there. My parents have taken advantage of the pool, the gym, the church services, some of the crafts, and the dining room. The food is pretty decent, too. The apartments are very nice;just the right size. I like that they can be customized to meet each resident’s preferences.

April 26, 2021

By Wendy peche

My 94 year old aunt has been at NewCastle for nearly 4 years. She loves it there and it was the best choice we could have made. Everything is well run and the staff are terrific and so responsive to any needs she has.

April 22, 2021

By Kathy Simon

We moved to Newcastle Place in February after searching for a few months as we knew it was time to leave our home of 47 years. We wanted to stay in Mequon because we love the area and when we came to Newcastle Place my husband felt comfortable and “at home”. I however was hesitant and unsure. Each time I came I felt a little better about it, in the back of my mind I had the idea that if I really didn’t like it, we could leave. After finally deciding that Newcastle Place was going to be our next move, I was still hesitant but continued to feel more at home with each visit. When it got closer to moving time, we were actually excited to move to our new home. Since we’ve been here, we have fallen in love with it. We met some people who have become our good friends in such a short time and the staff is phenomenal – everyone is so kind and so friendly that after a day you don’t feel like a stranger. It made our transition much easier than we ever imagined it would be. PS – the food is great!

September 24, 2020

By Sandy SW

I have to say that all the staff at Newcastle are stars! My mother lives in Independent Living and recently broke her wrist. When she fell the rapid responder was there to attend to her. When I went to see her, outside of course, she was very supportive of both my mother and me on deciding what to do next. The staff helped me find the extra help that my mother needed...and even the help as simple as helping her zip her coat! My mother loves the cooking and art classes and the Bingo too!

August 31, 2020

By WHR

Looking for an outstanding Continuous Care Retirement Community, Newcastle Place, Mequon, WI is the right place for you. Friendly residents, an outstanding caring staff, excellent food and nearby medical facilities form the basis for an A+ rating for Newcastle. Visit our community and see for yourself.

Thank you so much for your positive comments about Newcastle Place! Thanks again for the recommendation, and have an amazing day!

August 31, 2020

By Immy

Living at Newcastle is a wonderful experience. It is different now, because of Covid, however the important things are still in place. I feel safe. The staff is caring and concerned. The food I excellent, served daily to our rooms. When Covid is done (soon, I hope) things will return to the gracious and loving style that Newcastle is know to offer. Patience on behalf of everyone is important to reach that goal. Until the, smiling under your mask is in style!

Immy, your wonderful feedback and rating mean a lot to us. Thank you, and have a fantastic day!

August 06, 2020

By Jack P Rooney

I can't say enough good things about Newcastle Place. It's clean, bright, safe, friendly and warm. It has terrific amenities for the residents and a constant cadence of activities. They have handled Covid 19 with great skill and compassion - and safety. I give it the highest rating.

Jack P Rooney, thank you for your kind review; we are happy to pass along your comments to the team here at Newcastle Place! Our team strives to deliver an excellent experience, and are glad you found this to be the case . Have a great day!!!!!

February 16, 2017

By Newcastle Place

I was at the Encore Rehabilitation Services Unit at the Newcastle Place after a stay in teh Hospital. I received good care and most of all were dedicated and very professional. I would like to make a point on the fact that we are there because of pain, and it may be not necessary in some instances that one is awaken to pain just to give an antiacid pill at 6:00 am! I was impressed with the dedication of so many people I interacted with, from the nurses, nurses aids, Occupational Therapists, Physical Therapists, to the Activity Coordinators. I got to know all of them by their names. Great people, great food, and great activities!

We appreciate your great comments about our Rehabilitation Services that we offer our residents and short term guests.

January 17, 2017

By Mrs Bob

My husband was sent to Newcastle Place for Rehab after a hospital stay. Because of his needs he was placed in skilled nursing. Everyone we encountered from the driver that picked him up at the hospital to the young woman who cleaned his room were more than courteous. The staff was excellent and the care he received was outstanding. The entire facility is clean and inviting. I would not hesitate to recommend Newcastle Place.

Thank you very much for your review. We appreciate your recommendation as we continue to work hard to offer great service and care for our guests.

January 16, 2017

By dwiesner

The staff were wonderful! The therapy was great. I could not have been more pleased!

Thank you for your remarks about our Therapy Department and staff. We really do appreciate your comments.

October 25, 2016

By Top Reviewer

My wife and I recently moved to Newcastle Place and reside in one of the carriage houses. Our entire Newcastle experience to date has been excellent. The accommodating staff is both knowledgeable and helpful. The residents are friendly and inclusive. The campus with its many amenities is outstanding and the knowledge that additional care service is available as needed is reassuring. Residents have a variety of activities available to them. High marks go to food services which provides residents with a wide variety of choices of outstanding and delicious food.

September 28, 2016

By R.Darling

My mother, who is now 95, has been a resident of Newcastle Place for 6 years. She was in independent living for 5 years and has been in the memory care unit for the last year. Newcastle Place is a beautiful facility and offers first a first environment and excellent continuing care for my mother. All of the staff are well trained professionals who take a personal interest in the residents. I am grateful for the care my mother has received at Newcastle Place

September 15, 2016

By J.A.

As a resident here for five years, I can report being very satisfied with the facility. We have made many new friends who we now consider "family". The meals are excellent and treatment has been exceptional.

September 13, 2016

By Egm

Attentive staff. Pleasant surroundings.

August 29, 2016

By Active in Mequon

We moved to Newcastle 4 months ago and have been enjoying the place very much. The staff is very friendly and helpful, the food is great, the place is kept up well and there are many things available to be involved with each day. We felt this was the finest facility available as we wished to stay in the Mequon area.

August 28, 2016

By Beth Louise

Friendly, interesting people to be with. Beautiful surroundings. Great fitness center with wonderful swimming pool and water exercise classes. Lovely dining rooms with delicious meals. !

By Jim 2103

As a thirteen year resident of Newcastle Place I have had the opportunity to experience practically every phase of senior living. My wife and I had an apartment where we lived until my wife needed skilled care. The care could not have been better. The staff is caring and competent and in my opinion far above the average. We have two dining rooms well managed and well trained chefs and staff. The food and service make dining a pleasure. To keep one fit we have a fitness program and a variety of equipment in the gym-pool and whirlpool. An excellent transportation service; entertainment on a regular basis, outings; church services by our own chaplain. The building and grounds are beautiful and the people are friendly (much like a family). This is without a doubt a five star place to live.

By Nature Mystic

This is a community of welcoming residents and staff who you can engage in conversation, trips, meals and other activities, but if you desire to be alone you can do so. The facilities are visually like a home and not institutional. Residents can suggest activities or trips and the staff will move on with the planning and scheduling. Communications with the residents are extensive with a staff newsletter, bulletin board postings and a resident written and picture newsletter. Transportation is provided for all purposes and nature abounds in and on the campus grounds and ponds.

By Glenn s

After developing some health issues my wife and I decided to search for retirement communities around Milwaukee. After many visits we found the lifestyle and care at Newcastle Place fit our needs perfectly. From great dining experiences with flexible hours-great fitness and wellness programs along with activities and events that are offered daily made Newcastle Place the perfect fit. We enjoy the interaction with residents and staff. With an on site care navigator we know if some thing changes with our health she is there to support us. Having access to higher levels of care if needed is a huge benefit to us. I compared cost of living here with my cost of living at home and determined it was affordable to make the move. We couldn't be happier!!!

By Corinne123

I have lived at Newcastle for 13 years and have enjoyed all facilities, faculty and appreciate their ability to "keep us alive" . We have everything we need and my family is very happy that I am content and happy also. I would recommend this living to anyone. It could not be more perfect. I have the best in life and am very grateful.

December 28, 2015

By Sybil Jones

My mother is there now and when she started living there it was wonderful. It is very expensive and beautiful but since the new owners took over, the quality of care, the level and quality of help and even food quality has declined drastically. The kitchen staff used to be attentive but now frequent mistakes are made. I am afraid the training level has fallen off. The people that live here are used to a certain level of service and they are not getting it. I don't know what goes on with other things but our family does share many meals with her so that is what we see. She is over 90 so we cannot move her now. You can believe we will keep a close eye on her. It is very sad when you pay hundreds of thousands of dollars and still cannot receive quality care.

Thank you for providing us with this valuable feedback. We would welcome the opportunity to have a discussion so that we can better understand and address the concerns. Please feel free to contact us by calling our direct line at (262) 387-8800 and requesting Julie Bissonnette, Executive Director. Your feedback is important so that we can meet and exceed expectations.

January 29, 2015

By Marie04

No one here know's what they are doing. Stay away from the memory care unit - the staff is untrained and that is the least of the problems. Most of the cna's are beyond rude and have no business caring for a dead plant much less a human being.

July 29, 2013

By Kimberly5

It's very luxury oriented and very expensive. But the staff was wonderful. You could go from retirement living, assisted care and then hospice. It covered the waterfront. The rooms were lovely and spacious. The community was very active. They had tons of programs, opportunities and activities. They had everything from crafts to musical to exercise to dance groups and others. They had swimming pools. I highly recommend it to others.

May 27, 2013

By Susansmith

do not put your loved ones in here. We put my father in here. Shortly after, he developed sores and a really bad infection. We took him to the doctor and he said that he knew of problems at new castle. We immediately tried to remove my father, but they would not let them leave. They started withholding medicine from my father to get back at us. We had to call the police. It was a horrible. We finally were able to remove him. And put him in another facility and he made a full recovery. Run away from this place. We heard about them, but the place looked nice. Smoke and mirrors.

August 06, 2011

By kishro

New Castle Place is an attractive facility, decorated with a variety of paintings, furniture, and artistic pieces that are attractive and entertaining. The residents exercise a good deal of independence and have access to a collection of activities and services including a library, game and puzzle area, pool, chapel, and dining room. The food is good for a senior home, as it offers a pick-and-choose menu that is suitable for both residents and their guests. While the facility is pleasant to the eye and offers options for residents, it is not as flexible or accommodating in extensive care. While my relative enjoyed independent living for a majority of the year, she suffered some foot problems that occasionally moved her to extensive care. What should have been the top priority, top quality aspect of the facility (the medical help) was the poorest part of the experience. Aids were expensive and not helpful or considerate. There was an incident where an aid rammed my relative's foot into a wall and worsened the injury. This facility is a good choice for people who plan to live independently and can care for themselves. Not recommended for anyone who may need extensive care within the facility.
See all Continuing Care Retirement Community reviews (29) See fewer reviews

Memory Care Reviews for Newcastle Place

Services and Amenities of Newcastle Place

• Nurse On Staff: Onsite 24/7

• Overall:
  • Date Certified: 10/01/2020

About Newcastle Place

Newcastle Place is a senior living provider in Mequon, Wisconsin that offers residents Assisted Living, Nursing Homes, Continuing Care Communities, and Memory Care. Contact Newcastle Place for more details on services and rates.

Map of Newcastle Place